It is currently Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:18 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:23 am 

Paradox wrote:
PyPRP actually wasn't the first tool; ycikamookow wrote an exporter for 3DS Max almost a year before PyPRP was started :wink:

However, ycikamookow's plugin was never released.

I didn't want to tell 'em everything 8)

[KI again #01792364]| Uru images | KI guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:32 am 

Tiran wrote:
Grogyan wrote:
The only tools available are for the Uru Prime and Uru CC game, Cyan and the group that made the tools will discuss at some point in the future about having tools that work with blender for MOUL.

That's wrong. Cyan did neither help the group to develop the tools nor help to release it. The group got *no* information from Cyan. They reversed engineered the PRP format and the encryption routines and keys.

Also the group is already discussion the topic for a long time with Cyan.

I wasn't implying that Cyan worked with the "hack" group to produce those tools, I was more implying from an article I found while browsing the various age building forums, that Cyan and GameTap would like to work with those groups to produce a tool or a set of tools to integrate player made Ages into MOUL, unfortunately I cannot find the exact place where I read that.

Edit: Found something close to it
[spoiler]
http://agebuilders.vofd.org/forum/index ... c=428&st=0
[/spoiler]

Lian-Li PC-V1000 plus II case, 600W powersupply, Striker Extreme motherboard, Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 CPU, nVidia 8800GTS 512, 2x1GB Corsair memory @ 800Mhz, 5.1 audio, wireless mouse, 200GB main hard disk.
Grogyan KI# 00793984 -> www.guildofwriters.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:58 am 

Grogyan wrote:
I wasn't implying that Cyan worked with the "hack" group to produce those tools, I was more implying from an article I found while browsing the various age building forums, that Cyan and GameTap would like to work with those groups to produce a tool or a set of tools to integrate player made Ages into MOUL, unfortunately I cannot find the exact place where I read that.

Sorry, I misunderstood you. I thought that you'd implied Cyan had worked with the group.

It's the other way around. Cyan and GT was contacted by the groups.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:14 am 
Obduction Backer

Rand mentioned that the Age Creation tools would be coming out (hopefully) in around 6 months at: http://www.joystiq.com/2006/09/28/joyst ... an-worlds/

"Interviewer: Explain how players will build ages. How far along are you to making that happen?

Rand Miller: Well to begin with, we want to give people the same tools we have. We've got a lot of expertise and experience, so our ages can get pretty sophisticated, but it doesn't mean that we can't make those same tools available to some people.

We're always amazed at what our fans are able to accomplish, frankly, and by making those tools available, I think we'll be even more surprised. We've held back on that because we want to make sure we've got the final version of the engine, so we're not switching those tools up on people so they don't lose their work. But that'll be the first step. Essentially what we're creating in the mythology of all this is a writer's guild.

People can learn to write ages using the tools, and they'll write ages and become better and better at it. And then we even want a guild that facilitates that, that lets them explore their own ages and keep them somewhat separate from ours but with ways to get to them.

But eventually while they're doing that, we want to improve the tools as well, so you don't have to be quite so sophisticated to build the worlds. And later on down the line, it's much easier to say, "I can take this piece of this world, and this one of this one, and this one of this one, and make my own space that feels much more personalized." And that's the stuff that we'll work on as well.

When will people be able to start building ages?

Rand Miller: Some of it is resource-based. We would like to release those tools after the first six months -- and there are pieces of that that are already being put in place behind the scenes. We're trying to set up some structures with people, and there are some fans that already kind of know about that.

Yeah, that's a very exciting aspect of all of this."
It definitely is!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:17 am 
Obduction Backer

6 months from September 2006 is March 2007. I see no tools. Do you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:27 am 

AdamJohnso wrote:

"You must have patience my young padawan".

Like GameTap had to sort out the various legalities for MOUL to with international players, we can expect the same here for IP (Interlectural Property).

IP being the Max plugin that Cyan uses to make their Ages.

3D Stuudio max being at US$3459 (found at softpedia.com) many of us won't be abe to afford that, and as I said, there is an article somewhere that IMPLYS that Cyan would like to work with those groups that made the PyPRP plugin for Blender, a more compatible plugin for Blender or a separate program that takes the .blend file and converts it into a structure for MOUL to understand.

And Cyan is still refining their engine, when they are comfortable that they have that under control, then they may find sometime to work on tools.

I am almost always looking at the agebuilders forum and Alcugs forum for new developments for playermade ages and the Almys plugin for Uru .Prime/CC.

Lian-Li PC-V1000 plus II case, 600W powersupply, Striker Extreme motherboard, Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 CPU, nVidia 8800GTS 512, 2x1GB Corsair memory @ 800Mhz, 5.1 audio, wireless mouse, 200GB main hard disk.

Last edited by Grogyan on Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:40 am 

I would also like to point out that we currently don't have access to the guild hall, which I would like to believe will be the story centre for playermade Ages, Imean this game is all about story, and if players want to add their "own" tid bit of story, they may be able to with the guild hall of writers.

Maybe Cyan is holding back on that area deliberately, and working on other more important things including the Engne and bug fixes.

Hey, I just noticed that this build is a lot more robust now, something positive, yes?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:39 am 

Jen, Terragen have a few screenshots of lanscapes built with their program.
Check out their pics
http://www.planetside.co.uk/gallery/f/tg09

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:26 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:

I was actually counting from February 2007, when the Uru Live "officially" opened. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:50 pm 

Grogyan wrote:
Check out their pics

Yeah Terragen is great but IIRC you cannot export the terrain as a 3d mesh. Neither the gray scale height information image nor the rendered image is useful for age creation. Or has somebody written an export plugin for Terragen?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

heh, Cyan has worked with the "tool development" groups a bit.. but have been silent for several months now.. since they are apparently too busy to deal with anything beyond the creation of small nudges in new content at the moment.. and bug fixing.

Which is fine.. the tool developers just continue their work and will finish when the time comes to be done...

In the mean time, speculation about what may or may not be true or the case.. gets nobody anywhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:27 pm 

Tiran wrote:
Grogyan wrote:
Check out their pics

Yeah Terragen is great but IIRC you cannot export the terrain as a 3d mesh. Neither the gray scale height information image nor the rendered image is useful for age creation. Or has somebody written an export plugin for Terragen?

Terragen terrains can be export natively from Terragen to a LightWave (.lwo) format.

(LightWave is supported by Blender as an import too) :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:27 pm 
Obduction Backer

Grogyan wrote:
That said, Cyan uses 3D Studio Max and have already made a complete Max plugin for them to use.
Max IS expensive, and many won't be able to afford it, but Blender is free but it can export to 3ds format, the format which 3D Studio Max understands.

The .3ds file format and the .max file format are not the same, and do not contain the same level of information. AFAIK, there is no chain that would work leading from a blender scene to a successful export through a MAX plugin (without a significant loss of information).

MOULa KI #32712
MOULa KI #23298
MOUL KI #35129
D'mala KI #74265
Gehn KI #10113

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:24 pm 
Obduction Backer

We might potentially have age creation abilities in August? Awesome! :D That would be the bestest birthday present ever...

I've wanted to design my own Age ever since I started beta testing Uru... even if it's an in-game editor and we're all limited to one Age per person, with the ability to learn (from discovered Pages perhaps) various puzzle pieces to use such as gears...

If Cyan really does release any kind of Age creation for users, they shall have my undying gratitude. :D

Hmm, more ontopic, I would probably have floating orbs of water with a ground consisting of clouds, and maybe some mysterious creatures that can both swim and fly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 6:55 pm 

x.x

Where does everyone keep pulling this "August" quote from? :?

As an Age designer, I'd build something like [spoiler=this.]Image[/spoiler]

Oh, wait... I already did :P

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next