It is currently Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:44 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 9:40 pm 
Obduction Backer

The Joystiq interview with Rand Miller. Look a little further back in the thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:07 am 

Ages I would love to create, listed with names and general theme:

Eder Garahn - Large garden leading out onto a large area with a grand vista. Also located in the Age is a ruined pyramid with puzzles.

Eder Yarahn - Large cavern filled with crystals. The main facility in the cavern is located in one of these crystals. There is also a tram system leading to the surface.

Avstralis - Large canyon area with multiple buildings, including what I call the Cardinal Tower.

Orinus - Large arches that rise into the sky. Built within one of the arches is my living quarters.

Novus - Large bizzare Age that is similar to an animal cell (biological cell). Buildings are constructed within the various places found within the cell.

Magnus - The main hub for all of my Ages, the City of Magnus will hold everything I can imagine in its borders.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:49 am 

I want to make this sort of organic looking age with these futuristic non-organic, robot-like antennas sticking out of the ground...

The antennas would, like... I dunno... do things.

~Joey Harborfish

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:42 pm 

i'm making an ice age slowly, as i learn things on blender i incorprate them into my model, which began as the snowman scene tutorial. i'm only using this as a test age, to test out all the things i would like to incorparate into my ages.
although i have plans for a pod age, it would be hard getting it to look like cyan's pods, but it would be good. it would be a swamp pod, and i'd like to try out animal interaction, as i have a plan for a puzzle involving giant jelly fish, a half underwater pod rolling around, a bunch of journeys, and some rock and roll sounds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:08 pm 

I have an age in mind that I think would be cool to see created. Here's a concept painting I did:

http://aaronburr.deviantart.com/art/Airbora-70250500

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:22 am 

Oooh, it reminds me of Tromegahl.

http://forum.guildofwriters.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=93

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:57 am 

Wow, that is similar. I think I'll post on the GoW site in that thread :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:22 am 

The age i would/will write would be all about trees. There would be little huts in the trees, with wooden walkways between them. A little like Channelwood. But way bigger. Higher up too. There would be a mist around the bottoms of the trees, but numerous ladders to climb down to the surface that would be infested with wild animals, such as tiger-like creatures and lots of fireflies. The ground would be positively covered in green, lush grass. If I could, I'd even put in a little thing so that your avatar could climb up the trees without ladders or steps. I think I might call this age Tehrtee. Meaning Trees in D'ni. Or maybe Reh Tehr Sev. Meaning The Tree Age in D'ni. I could go on with details, but I think you get the point. :D

8)

Post subject: Great Stuff!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:47 am 

The range of imagination expressed within this thread post is certainly not lacking anything all. :D Well, maybe just the initial time it will take individual Uru Community Members to learn and develope their abilities with the tools and gain the experience necessary to achieve making these Ages into URU realities.
8) Once Cyan releases the "Original" tools and codes and we get our Uru Cavern Community up and running again, I suspect we all might be astounded at just how fast the learning curve becomes as the Guilds develope and refine the system for Fan Creating Ages to get created and become available. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:19 pm 
Obduction Backer

I want to make a whole expansion pack with a multi-Age storyline (not all by myself, of course). The storyline involves college aged intern who's connected with the DRC. He grows weary of both Yeesha (who he doesn't trust) and the DRC (which he increasingly feels is an annoyance) and... well, you'll have to play through the Ages to see.

I haven't named any of the Ages yet

Age 1: A burial Age for the wife of an eccentric D'ni poet.

Age 2: A post-Fall illegal Age written by a formerly respected but increasingly mad writer. Overlooking some native villages is a giant D'ni built Fortress. The DRC opens this Age to keep explorers fit as it has minigames and fitness areas.

Age 3: A Gira like garden Age.

There would also be a few smaller Ages, including one with D'ni shipping containers that could be individually developed somewhat like Ahra Pahts.

For this project, I still need a project leader, a plot manager, and a public relations manager. Go here http://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16673 for more information.

Also, I want to know if someone would want to separately develop the small Age I mentioned. PM or reply for more information on that.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5