It is currently Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:46 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:02 am 

Since the game is open source now, looking at the "Feature Request" sticky by Greydragon got me thinking...

There are a lot of excellent suggestions within this forum category. Those who work on the code after release will be looking to fix specific bugs and add better functionality to the game, both front and back end. One of the things we could do to help is to start collecting items from this section to offer as input for them, for use after the code release.

I realize it's still some time before the release itself, but we have all become a bit accustomed to waiting. This time, it's real and the game is going to keep happening after it launches, since it is within our control to make that happen. So, why not do something concrete now? There are so many areas we can't act on yet - but we can act here. The suggestions given in this forum area here are from MOUL and code base is MOUL, so it may be some time before the requests listed become obsolete.

As it stands, anyone developing features for Open Source Uru will have a long, frustrating read ahead of them to try and sift all of the nuggets of data and information here. I wouldn't blame them if it was just too big a job to tackle, what with the code just begging to be tinkered with instead.

This is one thing we can all do, regardless of technical ability. So, if you have something to add, either from reading through these threads or from your own MOUL experiences, why not post it here? Any of the things mentioned will likely come up again, as soon as we have servers up and running once more. Why wait until then?

If you like this idea, don't post your approval - go grab a quote from a thread or from your on notes from the game and tack it on instead. Assuming I'm on the right track, we'll see some useful data collection. If I'm not then this will drop down the line to be forgotten. Either way, it's a start.

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:33 am 
Obduction Backer

I strongly suspect that the hosting location Cyan chooses will have a proper bug tracker (it's pretty common these days, anyhow), so it might be somewhat of a duplication of effort to have a scattershot listing here.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, just that it's a little early yet. :D

MOULa KI #32712
MOULa KI #23298
MOUL KI #35129
D'mala KI #74265
Gehn KI #10113

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:24 am 
Obduction Backer

Seems like a voting system could come in handy for developers. A new feature is suggested, and then voted on by the community, so developers can see what we want implemented the most. Like a community wish-list. See the The Digsby Wishlist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:21 am 

I really like the idea of a suggestion/feature request voting system. Something like Ubuntu Brainstorm maybe.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]