It is currently Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:49 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:34 am 
Obduction Backer

*thinks*
Hmm.. Well, it seems, you don't know what I don't know. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:29 am 

I thank you guys, for your hard work.
I have tried to makle a couple of Ages in the offline game, and while I kinda understand the prp tool a bit, my biggest problem is understanding Blender, BIG learning curve.

When I have the time I'll get back to learning Blender again, both for potential use in my own Ages for MOUL (long long way off), I am also involved with making a fan made movie, which will involve some 3D modeling and animation.
Blender is cheap, but its difficult to use. I had played around with Maya PLE for Unreal Tournament, and that tool was relatively straight forward to use.

My desire is to learn C/C++ and some Python, with a bit of 3D modeling, for my own personal development in robotics, again time and money is a problem, but I am still following the awesome progress in the prp tool.

Though the tools that will come will, as I see it, involve making Ages in blender, and saving them as .blend, then use another tool from Cyan to convert the .blend file with scripts into the prp file format.
Its a double edged sword Cyan will one day release a tool, but I believe that another tool that is at or near the same sophistication as Cyans will also be welcomed.

Lian-Li PC-V1000 plus II case, 600W powersupply, Striker Extreme motherboard, Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 CPU, nVidia 8800GTS 512, 2x1GB Corsair memory @ 800Mhz, 5.1 audio, wireless mouse, 200GB main hard disk.
Grogyan KI# 00793984 -> www.guildofwriters.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:21 pm 

Grogyan wrote:
I thank you guys, for your hard work.
I have tried to makle a couple of Ages in the offline game, and while I kinda understand the prp tool a bit, my biggest problem is understanding Blender, BIG learning curve.

[...]

My desire is to learn C/C++ and some Python, with a bit of 3D modeling, for my own personal development in robotics, again time and money is a problem, but I am still following the awesome progress in the prp tool.

The new tool won't depend on Blender, C/C++ or Python but it will have Python bindings to support Blender and easy scripting.

[KI again #01792364]| Uru images | KI guide

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5