It is currently Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:05 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: It's the little things.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:04 pm 

I know this is small and somewhat insignificant, but I've found throughout the years that Myst games are very full of small details that enhance the universe itself instead of being relevant to the puzzles. Well, I've got an itch.

You know the goggles? I love the design, but I look like an absolute fool with them on my face. I was wondering if they could alternatively be worn around the neck? I know there's no category for this kind of object, which would most likely be the main problem with this idea, but I thought I might stick the idea out there anyway. There's no harm, right?

-Ladon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:32 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'd like the option of both that would be nifty.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:37 pm 

Ladon wrote:
I was wondering if they could alternatively be worn around the neck? I know there's no category for this kind of object, which would most likely be the main problem with this idea, but I thought I might stick the idea out there anyway. There's no harm, right?

If you're a female avatar there's a category for neck & ear pieces (I forget what exactly it's called). It could possibly be included in males for objects like this.

As far as the idea itself, I don't think I'd personally wear them, but I like the idea. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:55 pm 
Obduction Backer

Good idea, I like it! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:53 pm 

Well if the females can have neck pieces then I assume it wouldn't be overly difficult to enable that for the guys as well? Unless it is...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:57 pm 

Why not just another option in the glasses area? Round glasses, square, sunglasses, goggles, neck goggles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:29 am 

Well, because I'm assuming that the facial apparatuses are restricted to the face. However, I could be wrong. I have no idea how this really works :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:03 pm 

The goggles are D'ni... They have lenses that change automatically I believe, so from an IC stantpoint there would be no reason to remove them. (I wear mine all the time. :D)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:00 am 

The goggle's don't change automatically. I believe in the Book of D'ni there are several instances that it mentions Atrus adjusting them after entering a new Age or place that has different lighting.

How about make the goggles functional, mainly I want to get closer looks at things through them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:53 am 

SCGreyWolf wrote:
The goggles are D'ni... They have lenses that change automatically I believe, so from an IC stantpoint there would be no reason to remove them. (I wear mine all the time. :D)

There may not be a reason to not have them on, but if I recall correctly Atrus often hangs them around his neck rather than making himself look like a dork by wearing them. It isn't just about practicality, it's about what looks nice and what feels better when worn. I'm sure both DRC and D'ni alike have self esteem :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:21 pm 

I would also suggest wearing them 'up' on the head. Maybe as a 'hat'. This could be done for all eyeware types.

Of course if you put in 3 ways of wearing them, you could possibly have 3 on at once :-P

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]