It is currently Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:11 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:20 pm 

DON'T TOUCH IT!!! IT'S SPAM!!!

Well, unless they're playing video games, in which case heros die a lot too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:04 am 

Well, there goes the neighborhood. The spammers have escaped the "Off topic" section.

KI# 45434

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:01 am 
Obduction Backer

But I wish the map was a bit more detailed. I'm STILL getting mixed up about buildings. What is the big building on the island with its windows all lit up? I thought that was the Guild Hall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:49 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Studying some glyphs mysteriously drawn on her fence in Texas.
Mystical 346, are you still in the large main courtyard where many buildings are?

The Guild Hall has many windows that are lit up. And it is huge! So high up that it hurts your neck to look up that far. I hope that is the building you mean.

And it seems that we could walk down to the entrance, if only the DRC would remove those barriers and that tarp. :)

Ti'chelle #10684

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:38 pm 
Obduction Backer

If you're referring to the long, low structure that flanks the path back to the Museum and has that long, canvas-covered walkway in the middle of it, I don't think that's ever actually been given a name, but it's not the Guild Hall; that's much farther up, and is fronted by the large jutted-out building with all the columns WAY up on the rock face.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:22 am 
Obduction Backer

The big building I meant was the one that you look at across the water when you are standing at the top of the great stairs. If you stand in the tunnel through that big central stone this building is perfectly framed and looks very important.

BTW, I've just realised that the DRC room on Tokatah rooftop is at the top of the structure with the tent in front. I wonder if the Kadish Gallery is in that building somewhere?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:24 pm 

Alahmnat wrote:
If you're referring to the long, low structure that flanks the path back to the Museum and has that long, canvas-covered walkway in the middle of it, I don't think that's ever actually been given a name, but it's not the Guild Hall; that's much farther up, and is fronted by the large jutted-out building with all the columns WAY up on the rock face.

I wonder. If you believe BoT, the Guild Hall contains quarters for lower-ranking guildsmen and apprentices, and probably classrooms, workshops, etc. So the large building at the top may just be the tip of the iceberg, and the whole mountainside below it could be honeycombed by the Hall. (Hmmm. This would probably mean that Sharper's Office is actually part of the Hall.)

Edit: Mystical, the Kadish Gallery is known to be on Canyon Street, behind the big double doors about halfway down. IIRC, those who were in Prologue actually got to see those doors open at one point, allowing them access to the Gallery from the street.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:17 pm 

Quote:
The big building I meant was the one that you look at across the water when you are standing at the top of the great stairs. If you stand in the tunnel through that big central stone this building is perfectly framed and looks very important.

AH! You are therefore talking about the Arch of Kerath (also known as the Arch of Kings)! It was a structure built quite early on in the history of D'ni, based on the Garternayian prophecy that a "great king" would sail through the arch or something like that. You can find more about it in journals about the early kings. Specifically read the journal for King Ahlsendar, who was the Great King of prophecy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:37 pm 
Obduction Backer

BrettM wrote:
Alahmnat wrote:

I wonder. If you believe BoT, the Guild Hall contains quarters for lower-ranking guildsmen and apprentices, and probably classrooms, workshops, etc. So the large building at the top may just be the tip of the iceberg, and the whole mountainside below it could be honeycombed by the Hall. (Hmmm. This would probably mean that Sharper's Office is actually part of the Hall.)

Is Sharper's office actually positioned correctly for that? I thought it was over to the side too far to be located under the structure of the Guild Hall.

Quote:
Edit: Mystical, the Kadish Gallery is known to be on Canyon Street, behind the big double doors about halfway down. IIRC, those who were in Prologue actually got to see those doors open at one point, allowing them access to the Gallery from the street.

Nope... they've never been opened. It's not even possible, from what I've heard the H'uru guys saying... you can spawn inside and outside it using a few special commands on the Kagi shards, but the doors don't work at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:49 pm 

Alahmnat wrote:
Is Sharper's office actually positioned correctly for that? I thought it was over to the side too far to be located under the structure of the Guild Hall.

I guess it would depend on just how much of the mountainside the Hall required. If BoT is correct, all of the major guilds had their own facilities as part of the Hall, so the below-ground (so to speak) part might go quite a ways to either side of the visible building, as well as deep into the mountain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:28 pm 

whatever happened to /tentsmash?

oh, yeah, userKI.

/me likes the other shards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:30 pm 

Do tell what tent-smash does for those of us who haven't access to a working UserKI...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 11:56 pm 

:D To get back to the thread header: We shouldn't worry about tents or ropes - these were anomalies conjured up by an exhausted game with literally nothing else to do.

Cast your mind back to the abundance of content that 'The Path of the Shell' brought to Uru. And my guess is that there will so much content in the real UL that you will have little time to look fo anomalies like being able to climb on the tent - or balcony jumping. And don't forget - new content arriving all the time - well... that's what you will be paying your monthly subscription for isn't it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:39 am 
Obduction Backer

Tokai wrote:
:D To get back to the thread header: We shouldn't worry about tents or ropes - these were anomalies conjured up by an exhausted game with literally nothing else to do.

Yes and no. I agree that at times activities might have been lacking but, clibing this rope wasn't very hard to find, and not something I would call an 'anomaly'. There's a rope, it's accessible, people have fun with it tight rope walking on it that's all. :)
There have been much more 'unexpected' physical activities..
Having evolved physics and collisions like there are in Uru enable explorers to find all kind of unexpected but fun things. IMHO It's part of the fun. We are explorers after all. I hope we will be able to climb many more ropes in the future. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:36 am 
Obduction Backer

I heard there's a tree you can climb in Eder Kemo. I've tried several without luck. Does anybody know which one?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next