It is currently Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:29 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:46 pm 
Obduction Backer

If this has already been addressed, y'all can just point me wherever, but I haven't seen it, so here goes.

Since I loaded the last update on June 22, something strange has started happening on my monitor. As soon as the screen goes back to desktop from the Gametap interface to start the Uru initialization, the whole display moves to the left about 20% (maybe less) of the screen and stays there. I use my monitor controls to move it back as far as I can (almost far enough). If I go to desktop or back to Gametap, everything stays as I set it until I quit Uru and quit Gametap, and then I have to adjust the screen back. If I don't adjust it back, and I stay on Gametap and restart Uru, the display shows up as moved to the right, and I have to readjust it to normal position. Then, next time, it is shifted back to the left.

I know I also downloaded a Gametap update before the most recent Uru update, and I did not play Uru in between the two updates, so I do not know if the problem is the Gametap update, the Uru update, or some problem with my driver or my system.

I'd like to find out if anybody here has experienced this or has any ideas before I start writing tickets. If it's my driver (which I haven't had time to update...again), I can take care of that without bothering Support while they're so busy. Likewise, if it's a GameTap issue, I'd rather not bother Cyan with it.

It's a minor annoyance, sort of like playing a very, very laggy game of Pong, but I need to do something more effective than messing with my monitor controls all the time. Thanks. :)

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:50 pm 
Obduction Backer

I've seen something similar before... Do you have an nvidia card? If so, what's your driver version?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:52 pm 
Obduction Backer

you might try this. Set your desktop settings to the same as you are running MOUL in. Then adjust your monitor if needed. After that, you can put your settings back to what you had. Sometimes I've seen where if you are running the game at a different resolution that your windows settings, it will do that...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

Many thanks!

I will check the driver and compare settings tonight after I get off work. (V. late. Bleah. :( )

This never happened in the many months of play before this last round of updates. It's a whole new thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:43 pm 
Obduction Backer

It reads to me like the anti-aliasing bug that D'Lanor identified, hence the request for card and driver version, Kerryth. Do you have an nvidia card and did you recently upgrade your drivers?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:54 pm 
Obduction Backer

Rusty_Russell wrote:
It reads to me like the anti-aliasing bug that D'Lanor identified, hence the request for card and driver version, Kerryth. Do you have an nvidia card and did you recently upgrade your drivers?

It is nvidia; I don't remember the model but it was new in February. I upgraded the drivers probably in late April or in May, before "Scars". I'll look up the specifics when I can get to my home computer. And I'll look into that anti-aliasing bug as well.

Thanks! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:44 am 

My monitor does that sometimes switching resolutions.. There's a button on mine labeled "auto" that readjusts the framing. Might yours have one, too?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:37 am 
Obduction Backer

All gone!

I didn't do a thing. After the new update today, the problem vanished. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

However, in general.. I find I have fewer problems if my ingame settings (screen resolution) match my desktop settings... otherwise it is very reluctant to allow me to Alt-tab out and back