It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:49 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 1:57 pm 

Excellent points made above mine. I'm not going to say "OMG!" and freak out because of a brief statement on a "GameTap" promotion after all. They do know that international people want in, and I've got complete faith that we will be let in.

I just hope we can work out a method of payment that isn't "ONLY" credit card. For students etc. who can pay (and play) with a debit card, or a PayPal payment. That would be ideal, in my view.

Just the thought of NEW content, with my friends, is so lovely, I don't care about anything else, honestly. 8) :lol:

Post subject: Gametap fees
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 9:05 pm 

1. Should we join Gametap now? Uru is not listed. I don't want to pay until it is. It is Uru that I support.
Now I will pay now if Gametap needs to know who supports Uru but as it isn't listed, I'd pay and Gametap would be clueless as to why I enrolled.

2. Our European friends!!!!
OMG! UU has had servers from the UK and other areas. Talk about support!

Our European servers, friends, need Uru access as soon as we have it.

To ignore their support and not allow access to these awesome UU Euro shards is a sad statement and would break my heart if I had done the work they have done, just to be left out!

Two I can think of right now are: TMP and H'Uru.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Add names of other shards/servers that are not U.S. based.

And those two shards worked very hard to renew Uru Live.

I thank them for their awesome work as servers and as admins.
They know what they are doing.

In fact, they should be UL servers as the admins. talents are awesome.
They worked for free and would probably continue to work for free but do deserver some pay as, gee, they've put their hearts and talents into this game.

They know more about the workings of the game than most players.
Please, we can't ignore them.
It's just not fair.
/cry

I'd have my glitches cured by now if they'd been there to help. I realize that D'mala shard admins. are said not to exist. This may not be true.
But it would be nice to get rid of my permanent fisure and have my cleft book! Haha! (I love the glitches, though....two hair styles, clothing changes, etc...I have tons of glitches.)

{Forum admins: If this post should have been split and gone into two threads, I couldn't find a good selection. I did a search and the page filled with threads in which "Gametap" is mentioned. I picked the first thread that related to what I wanted to say. Edit as you wish.}

Post subject: Re: Gametap fees
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 9:35 pm 
Cyan Employee

maryc64 wrote:
1. Should we join Gametap now? Uru is not listed. I don't want to pay until it is.

Uru: Ages Beyond Myst (single player game) is currently on Gametap. If you feel like signing up for Gametap right now go ahead. You don’t have to sign up for Gametap right now.

maryc64 wrote:
2. Our European friends!!!!

Let me quote myself,

“To International Explorers:

You will be able to join Uru Live from day one.

For now please don’t stew on the GameTap trailer and press release saying “available only on GameTap.” Cyan has not forsaken you. We will explain in the next few months the details.

Thanks

Ryan”

See you in the Cavern,

Ryan (greydragon) Warzecha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 9:42 pm 
Obduction Backer

thanks greydragon. this is fantastic news. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 9:53 pm 

Thanks for clarification!
I'm sorry I didn't search and read more thoroughly but there's so much to read here in this forum.
Searches come up with a page of responses which intimidate the part of my brain that reads..it's a lazy part.

The link to Uru on Gametap? Could you share it? I didn't see it.
It might help others?
Is it in a sticky somewhere?
I just realized how dumb I am.
The game is not yet live, so unless there's another game one wants to play at Gametap, then we might want to wait...unless the money is needed now?

Thanks for being patient with me Greydragon.
Mary

Post subject: Re: Gametap fees
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 9:58 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

greydragon wrote:
Uru: Ages Beyond Myst (single player game) is currently on Gametap. If you feel like signing up for Gametap right now go ahead. You don’t have to sign up for Gametap right now.

greydragon,

I think most of us want GameTap to know why we sign up. We want Cyan to get the credit for the benefit of Uru Live. If we straggle in now, they won't see as big a surge for Uru Live. The effect of Uru Live won't be as measurable among 500 other games. Frankly, we want to bring down their servers under the signup load to show them the power of our numbers (and strength of their investment) the day Uru Live opens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 10:07 pm 

Are there any servers at Gametap named Yeesha? They're the ones you need to keep an eye on. ;)

KI# 45434

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 10:31 pm 
Obduction Backer

I see nothing wrong with supporting the company that is supporting Cyan now. As far as making a big impression when UrU goes live, don't you think all of us trying to download the game client and logging into the game at the same time will give them a clue?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 10:58 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Ja'de wrote:
I see nothing wrong with supporting the company that is supporting Cyan now. As far as making a big impression when UrU goes live, don't you think all of us trying to download the game client and logging into the game at the same time will give them a clue?

You made me smile. But it's an evil smile.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 11:28 pm 

Here're my thoughts: If you are interested in Gametap and want to sign up for it, do so. Your contribution by downloading Uru Live 10 seconds after it becomes available will be noticed. If you are interested in Gametap solely to play Uru Live, wait until "this holiday season" and sign up then. If you don't care at all for Gametap and only want to play UL, don't bother signing up and go through Cyan's alternate method; it won't make much difference at all.

KI# 45434