It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:17 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Shorah Drakmyth
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:36 pm 

Shorah Drakmyth :D

Thank you for the many tips: But I still have problems logging in to uru game - I have sent 3 requests to the cyan world support, to send my login name and password, to make sure I remember correctly, and would have the sent by E-mail. but I do not hear from them. :(

I would like to have a new login name and keep my email address, if it can be done.

I have at least three weeks now, trying to get into the game, without success. :(

I know that I am not excluded from the game - "I behave myself well" :lol: :lol: and is also new in here.

Please heeeeeelp - would not want to uninstall and reinstall the game, I was well advanced and would rather not start from scratch.

Sincerely
Sha'nie

Post subject: Re: Shorah Drakmyth
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:11 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

sha'ni wrote:
I would like to have a new login name and keep my email address, if it can be done.

I'm not sure I understand your problem, sha'ni...

Your email address is your login name for the game (the full email address you used when you registered for your game account).

If you've lost your password, go to this page, enter your email address and click on "Recover" to be sent an email with instructions on resetting your password: https://account.mystonline.com/StartPas ... overy.aspx

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:01 am 

Ok, I have a problem I havent seen anyone say anything about, so I'm betting its just me.

But I dotn seem to be able to jump straight up and down.
Its like I hit my head on an invisible ceiling. Made bringing down the metal walkway impossible in Teledahn. Not sure what other problems it may cause eventually.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:01 pm 

Wulf is not alone. I finally took one of my oldest avatars thru Teledahn for a data gathering project and also could not get the bridge to go down (the one near the sun catcher). I could not jump vertically more than a (virtual) few inches and I never did get the bridge to bend down to the rock. I believe it happened this past Sunday, Aug 1. I have not been back to try again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:57 pm 
Obduction Backer

The vertical jump has been (partially) broken ever since the GameTap days. A forward jump still works fine to bring down the walkway in Teledahn. You have to be careful not to jump off the platform though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:39 pm 

I realize the physics of physx is different but I've run 8 or 9 avvies through teledahn in MOULa and never had any problem using the vertical jump to make the bridge go down before. I will go back and try again but it was immediately obvious that I was unable to jump as high now as I could just a couple of months ago. It's almost as if someone tweeked the gravity up slightly. And I did try the running jump as well....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:14 pm 

That same phenomenon of not being able to jump as high now as I could a few months ago has meant I can no longer get across the fissure in Er'cana or onto the roof at the other end on top of the factory. Just past where you find the backpack.
Hardly important of course but quite annoying.
I guess nothing can be done about it either. Have to just hope that a new update might fix this 'fixed' ability.
Ah well, back to life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:09 pm 

OK, I went back to Teledahn and got the bridge down on the first standing jump. I seemed to jump a bit higher today than before. Maybe it was just a glitch with the AGE file or wherever the information is stored. There have been no updates that I'm aware of since the 1.893 update a while back. The old quit and restart fix is still working I guess. Hmmm. the one thing that was different today is that I did not bother to set the affinity. The last time I had it set to use just one core. Nawww, couldn't be that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:39 pm 

I'm sorry to post a rather common problem but I've been reading this forum up and down for the last two days and nothing helped:

I still got the "update patcher" thing and it shows version 1.887. I know it's not the most recent one but I installed it only yesterday from mystonline.com/play. I've tried all download links by now but they all result in the same patcher version. I even installed it on my better half (Linux/Ubuntu) via Wine out of sheer desperation, but it was the same there. How can I get my computer to install the 1.983 version? Or is the problem something entirely else? Also I noticed people mention the UruExplorer.exe, none of my installations produced that yet.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Sphinx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:01 pm 
Obduction Backer

1.887 is recent enough to point to the correct server. So there must be a different problem. If you still want to try it with 1.893 you can find a download provided by AdamJohnso in this topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:26 pm 

hmm...still not working.
But what is the problem, then?

Thanks anyway, at least I know what is not the problem :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:47 pm 
Obduction Backer

Do you have a partitioned hard drive?
If so and you put the UruLauncher.exe somewhere on D:\ and double-click to start it up, what happens?
Particularly, what (progress) messages do you get?

I have installed to D:\Program Files (x86)\Uru Live.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:58 pm 

I can't access my partition from windows, since I put Linux on there. I can access my windows half from Linux, though. If i click the UruLauncher.exe I get the "Checking for patcher update" message. It's not exactly crashing (at least the Task Manager doesn't say it is) but there is no pregress and I sometimes have to kill the process.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:08 pm 
Obduction Backer

Have you tried killing the process, uninstalling, deleting MOULinstaller.exe, redownloading the aforementioned file (the Cyan Downloader link), and reinstalling (possibly in another location as mentioned).

Have you tried the link in this post?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:15 pm 

Yeah, I did that. I uninstalled, redownloaded, reinstalled in different places at least 20 times, since that seemed to be the answer for most people around here, but the result is always the same *sigh*.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next