It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:22 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:25 am 

Karkadann wrote:
Ju'lee D wrote:
Rusty_Russell wrote:
I think you have to make urulauncher.exe and / or uruexplorer.exe run as administrator. Those are the programs doing the work.

Hey, I think that did it!! Now I'm stuck on "checking for patcher update" just like everyone else. I feel MUCH better. :wink:

Thank you!!

There's donuts and coffee on the table next to the ...............HAY quit throwing snowballs I wasn't ready

LOL I don't feel so terrible now... *grabs a donut*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:56 pm 
Obduction Backer

An update to my "Starting URU, please wait..." problem:

I reinstalled the whole thing in hopes that it was a missing file, but alas, I am still having the same problem. I'm not even getting to the point where there's a black screen and a stack dump, like some people. I'm thinking now that it must be something to do with my anti-virus settings, but I don't really know how to use it beyond letting it scan automatically.

Does anyone have AVG anti-virus who has had a problem starting the game? If so, any hints as to how I could unblock access or something?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:57 pm 
Obduction Backer

I solved the black screen of death problem by installing on my old XP computer and using that one to get to the screen where I set up my account and defined my avatar. Now the new machine goes right to the sign in page with no problem.

I have AVG, which I don't have to disable, but I previously had to go into my Windows Firewall and allow Uru to communicate outside of my private settings, so that might be a fix for you to look into carlushka.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:24 pm 
Obduction Backer

Welp, I must have the ultra-rare case of this bug. I'm still not having any luck. I've completely uninstalled avg, completely disabled windows firewall, uninstalled and reinstalled MOUL, removed video drivers and tried several different versions, tweaked dxdiag settings, defraged hard drive, and my last attempt at getting in the game just through me over the top. I tried to install it on my vista machine (I'm currently running XP pro) and I couldn't even install the thing, double clicking MOULinstaller.exe would just hang the computer. I'm cursed and have now accepted it. Have fun everyone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

D'rummath wrote:
I solved the black screen of death problem by installing on my old XP computer and using that one to get to the screen where I set up my account and defined my avatar. Now the new machine goes right to the sign in page with no problem.

I have AVG, which I don't have to disable, but I previously had to go into my Windows Firewall and allow Uru to communicate outside of my private settings, so that might be a fix for you to look into carlushka.

Hmm, tried the firewall bit already. Maybe I'll do what you did and install on my old XP laptop. I hope the old girl can muster up the strength! She was able to run the Gametap version of Uru, but she was in much better shape then.

EDIT: The old girl pulled through and I played through the Cleft! I just wish I could figure out a way to play on my Win 7 computer because the graphics card is far superior and I worry about the old computer overheating (they're both laptops). I updated the NVIDIA drivers on the new one but it didn't help. But still, I'm finally in the Cavern after a solid week of hard work!

Last edited by carlushka on Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: "Failed to launch URU"
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:50 pm 

No matter what I have tried a pop up window still says "Failed to launch URU" happens after the update check and shuts itself off. No URU items in Task Manager afterward.

Had uninstalled completely, rebooted and reinstalled but now back to 1.866 with it not giving me either 1.868 or 1.870.

Anybody?

Windows XP

Out of the dark we came, into the dark we go. Like a storm-driven bird at night we fly out of the Nowhere; for a moment our wings are seen in the light of the fire, and, lo! we are gone again into the Nowhere. (King Solomon's Mines)

Post subject: Exception error
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:28 pm 

I have posted a problem about the exception error pop up that shows up after I click on the agree button. So has Amiwise and estari. I found still another post about this and deleted the tos.txt file. I still have the problem on my imac intel with OS 10.5.8 installed. My daughter has TIGER installed on her intel imac and it's the same.

Has anyone found the solution to this?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:42 am 

Hello,

I had the "Failed to delete old patcher executable"-problem and the solution mentioned in the second post didn't solve it. I got the message and tried to "run as administrator" after the first shut-down, but I couldn't even run the launcher/explorer again, it just poped the windows-failure-message, telling me that I'm perhaps not allowed to run the program and should ask my administrator (that's me *sigh*) for help. After trying to change the enable-status of the file and the folder, the file just *puff* disappeared. After uninstalling/reinstalling and trying again and again I asked a friend to mail me his urulancher.exe and copied it in the uru-folder, after my file vanished again. And voila ... 10 minutes later I arrived in my Relto.

I'm running Uru on a Laptop with Windows 7 64Bit.

Greetings
Mirelldwyn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:31 am 
Obduction Backer

"Network error5, Networn Connection Failed. protocol: Auth Server"

Anyone have some input on this one?

I suspect faulty internet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:23 pm 
Obduction Backer

lol i believe we crash them again only 59 minutes for llinking in lol

Greece Ki # 117119

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:59 pm 
Obduction Backer

Okay, so I run URU Live in Administrator, I go to the black loading screen with the purple book and the Updating thing. It updates the whole x minutes and seconds.

Then, it pops up with a message that says URU Live has had a serious error, and lists this:

UruLive.Live.1.870 - External.Release
Exception type: Access violation
Call stack (14 levels):
0x008BF8F8
0x0045723C
0x004571E3
0x0045633D
0x007F91C1
0x00506DEF
0x00553C74
0x00553336
0x004568D1
0x007F8994
0x007F8563
0x007F7FF0
0x7C350609
0x7C343305

And every time I try to log in, that's what I get every time. I am very discouraged.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:37 am 

Might I propose adding "Ahnonay's lever is missing" to the list? I've noticed a lot of people in a PotS mindset that forget or simply don't know that MOUL's Ahnonay doesn't have the control lever in sphere 1's tower. Just so they don't think it's a bug or anything.

Quote:
Water Ahnonay's control lever is missing!
It's not supposed to be there. Find a friend and use them to perform the same action the lever used to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:22 pm 

Mysteria, I had the same problem. Solved it by uninstalling the game and reinstalling. For the secand installation I used the complete download from Atomic gamer.
Took me nearly three hours to download but than everything worked perfectly.

I am in...I am in...I am in...:happydance:, :happydance:, :happydance:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:46 pm 
Obduction Backer

I apologize for not taking the time to update this post. The fact is that Cyan has released a new patcher version, 1.870, that fixes nearly all of the problems this thread was created to address. I have updated the list to include the latest workarounds and problems people are having, but note that these problems have become something of an endangered species. The list has also be re-organized using spoiler tags to group similar problems. By request I have also begun adding things that people think are problems that actually aren't (like the Ahnonay lever missing).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:59 pm 

Nice organizing! And thanks for including the bit about the shell cloth in the chair station; I was looking everywhere for it before someone told me it had been moved away.

Does everyone that knows Minkata has sparklie #6 already know it's missing? That's the only thing I can think of in the category "bug but not".

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next