It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:58 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:26 pm 

Thanks for the reply, Rusty. My firewall is the regular Windows firewall and I turned it off while installing and then turned it back on once the game was installed and gave URU full permissions to bypass it. I've never had Norton on this computer. My computer-saavy boyfriend now thinks it might be my anti-virus, NOD32. We're going to try disabling that tonight and see if that works. But any other replies with other ideas are welcome in case that's not the issue. I feel like I'm missing the party!

KI #6944894

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:36 pm 
Obduction Backer

You could try turning off your anti-virus software (temporarily) while you do a reinstall.
You can force a download check by deleting TOS.txt (whilst the av is off). (I don't know where TOS.txt is, but you can
search for that (or some kind soul will update this thread with its location)).
Turn the av back on after your download has finished and you've checked your connectivity.

Post subject: Re: Network Error
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:54 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Celtic Lark wrote:
The only thing I can find in this thread that might be my problem is that I downloaded onto my E drive instead of C.

As you've found, that isn't going to be a problem - I have MOULagain installed on drive G: in my PC.

Can you tell us anything about the spec of your PC and the speed of your network connection?

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:42 pm 

Thanks, again, guys! Will try some of these suggestions when I get home from work tonight. Here are my computer specs:

Network is a cable internet connection.
Windows XP SP3
2GB RAM
AMD 64 3200+
Video is an Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 with 64MB RAM. DX 9 is installed.

KI #6944894

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:24 am 
Obduction Backer

Hello. I was playing Uru today when I got this stack dump:

UruLive.Live.1.871 - External.Release
Exception type: Access violation
Call stack (14 levels):
0x00000000
0x00000000
0x00000000
0x00000000
0x00000000
0x77A3B3C8
0x77A3B3F5
0x77651194
0x008BF94A
0x7C34C456
0x04478534
0x00462697
0x0053DEE6
0x0053FB50

I was playing in Ahonohay and it hasn't happened since. my PC specs are as follows:

Toshiba Satellite Laptop L305 series
Windows 7 Home Premium
3GB RAM
Intel Pentium processor T4200
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family with 1341 MB of available graphics memory
Graphics Driver: Intel Graphics Accelerator Driver for Mobile (The driver is the current one)

I hope this helps resolve the issue. Shorah.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:23 am 

Well, here's an update: Tried running with disabled anti-virus and no firewall. No dice. Deleted the TOS.text file. That forced the download (once with AV on, once with AV off). Still getting the error. Uninstalled everything and downloaded from a different source - Fileplanet. Tried that one with AV both on and off. Error. I am at my wit's end. I played this game for a year on this exact same computer and the only problem I ever had was crashing in Ahonahay (sp?). The only thing that has changed since the last time I played is that I now have a faster internet connection. Don't see how that would be a problem. The only other thing my IT boyfriend can think of is to update my network drivers. I currently have NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller version 4.4.2.0. Are there any known issues with URU and that network driver? We're going to try this tomorrow. Thanks, guys!

KI #6944894

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:35 am 
Obduction Backer

We have a thread about the same problem, Celtic Lark. See if Whilyam's fix (deleting login.dat) works for you.

No response from server

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:59 am 

Thanks, Rusty. I tried deleting the file you suggested in your last post and that didn't work either. When we try to run an analysis on my computer to see if it's the network drivers, the whole thing freezes or I get a blue screen and Windows shuts down. I'm hesitant to try to make any major changes to it. It's five years old. I am getting a new computer in June so I might just have to wait until then to join you all in the game. I can't risk crashing my machine right now. :( Thanks, again, for all your help. I'll check the forums periodically to see if anyone has found any new solutions.

KI #6944894

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:17 am 
Obduction Backer

Hi there, so I was trying to get my grandpa to join in the fun (he loves Myst so I told him about the online version) and when he was setting his password he ran into the runtime error.

Is there any info I can pass along to him as to why the servers are down/closed?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:23 am 
Obduction Backer

Updated the main post to include more information about stack dumps. You can find the new information under the "Crashing Problems" heading.

tanshin wrote:
Hi there, so I was trying to get my grandpa to join in the fun (he loves Myst so I told him about the online version) and when he was setting his password he ran into the runtime error.

Is there any info I can pass along to him as to why the servers are down/closed?

As far as we know, a run-time error while creating an account is only caused by Cyan's auth server being offline. It could be because of a crash, or they could be doing something to it, we really don't know. The only thing we can do is wait until they bring it back up. Try again later and see if it works then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:40 pm 
Obduction Backer

Alright, that's what we were doing. We'll just keep trying (it's been a night so hopefully it's up now)

Post subject: struggling to get in
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:16 pm 

:lol: Am SOO excited that MOULa is back!! But try as I might, I can't get in :(
Have downloaded and installed twice - once with cyan, once with fileplanet. I have my firewall turned off, have given uru exceptions (for when it was on) and everything seems to go fine. I sign in, agree to the terms, see it updating... and then POOF it's gone. ? Nothing more. Nothing less. LOL No error messages to give me a clue as to what's the problem? No dumps. No nada!?
Can anyone shed any light on this for me? Am desperate to to finally have access to the cavern once again! LOL Been on the surface wayyy too long! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:37 pm 

Just posting an update on my issue - turns out that my hard drive was dying a slow death. It crashed on Wednesday night and a friend installed a new one for me yesterday. I was able to install MOULagain last night and got into the game! So exciting to finally be able to join in the fun. :)

KI #6944894

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:28 pm 

Hi! I'm new here, just found out Uru Live was back (yes, I'm out of date) and registered today.

Just downloaded from Cyan and the single player works fine, but whenever I try the multiplayer linking book it goes black and I have to use ctrl+alt+delete to get out of it. I changed my firewall settings so it's not that. Server issue?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:10 am 

Welp, looks like any link to D'Ni and any link on my shelf in Relto causes the program to become unresponsive as well.

Any suggestions? Anybody?

Echo....

*sigh*

Ah well... *sits down and sips tea*

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next