It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:06 am

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 1:22 pm 

Babylon wrote:
As I'm in Scotland and wont be accessing through Game tap (not sure through what yet) will I be paying the subscription as well and will it be $9.95 as well or will it be a different amount?

If you read the F.A.Q. that is under the "GAME INFO" header you'll read this
Quote:
Q.What if I'm not a GameTap subscriber?
A. Access to Uru Live will be available outside of GameTap for the same monthly fee but players who enter this way will not receive any of the extra benefits offered by GameTap.

Yes, you will pay $9.95/month. No you won't be a GameTap Subscriber. Lot's of arguements below this thread about why should we, as international players have to pay the same as GameTap people and not get the same stuff? Well, honestly, what games on Game Tap would you *REALLY* want to play? That's the breaks and I'm not going to cry about not getting access to Game Tap. URU Live is all I want, period.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 2:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'm with Toria on that one. I only want to play URU Live anyway, and I think $9.95 is cheap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 3:49 pm 

I'd only want into URU as well its just with different interest rates and when i've signed up on other things before I got an additional cost on my account as the payment was in dollars and they charged me for the exchange of the money. Just wondered if the subscription could be in your local currency such as $9.95 is about £6.

Babs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 3:58 pm 
Obduction Backer

I wouldn't have thought so, since GameTap is only US.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 4:07 pm 
Obduction Backer

Yeah, $9.95 is a pretty sweet deal. If I were in the US I'd get GameTap because it would be worthwhile to have access to all the other games (they have Zork!) but I'm more than willing to pay ten dollars a month for Uru only. That's actually less than I expected it would be.

Annacat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 5:09 pm 

I too am only interested in Uru Live, not the other games that GT has to offer. $9.95 is a good deal, but if I had the choice, I would pay Cyan directly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 5:38 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Just in case Cyan or Gametap is watching this discussion, I intend to pay annually if the choice is offered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 6:11 pm 

I'm hoping they will have a direct debit set up which will make payments a breeze. :D I don't have a credit or debit card.

Ayla in M.O.U.L. KI#00313358

My facebook page.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=566883777

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 6:22 pm 

Quote:
I would say right now Cyan doesn't have a way in place to accept Checks. If I remember right during Prologue it was said at that time when it went Live that they would be accepting only Credit/Debit Cards. So till the find a way to accept checks I would say those without Credit/Debit cards are probably out of luck.

To Cyan: Might I suggest Paypal.

With Paypal it can debit the users bank account (skipping the check writing process) and deposit it into a Cyan account at Paypal. Then Cyan can have Paypal wire the funds into whatever Bank they desire.

Even tiny Mom & Pop operations can get a direct debit and check cashing service from their local bank with a minimum of fuss. Cyan, while not a huge company, should easily be able to get such a payment system set up. I am more surprised that they might NOT have one.

For commercial business Paypal is really really amateur hour. I would be very leery of a major company that was using PayPal as one of their primary payment options.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 11:21 pm 

JWPlatt wrote:
I suspect you will be able to create as many characters as you want on the same computer, just as you can now in Uru. You would play one at a time.

I hope so. Because there's at least one other person in my family who would want to play Uru Live.
But, if that's the case then I doubt they would allow a player to access their account with a different IP.

I still don't know if I'll get GameTap. It's something that I wouldn't really use. But, if TBS is doing this to get the Myst fans into GameTap, then that might not be a good idea. If they don't see a big jump in GT subscriptions, or a lot of GT subscribers using Uru Live, they might just decide to pull the Uru plug.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 6:03 am 
Obduction Backer

I doubt that's their motivation... if it were, the game wouldn't be available outside of GameTap.