It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:03 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:22 am 
Obduction Backer

@Christian, can I ask if you are running Mavericks on your Mac? Co-incidentally with the MOULa database crash and scary reports re:the bash bug my less than a year old hd failed on Friday. I managed to get into MOUa yesterday using a bootable backup, but will be getting a new SSD this week. The guy who is going to install it thinks I should upgrade to Mavericks. I'm using Mountain Lion and the cider wrapper works just fine, with Ainia's fan prp solution.

On a separate note, being part of MystiTech it would really help if I could get the H'uru client working on my machine. After I get my new drive installed, would someone be willing to talk me through that installation on a Mac? I would really appreciate it.

Member of MystiTech Productions

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:53 am 
Obduction Backer

lteyn63 wrote:
@Christian, can I ask if you are running Mavericks on your Mac?

No, this is on 10.5 (Leopard) and 10.6 (Snow Leopard). I only have Mavericks in a virtual machine without OpenGL so I can’t test it there.

lteyn63 wrote:
On a separate note, being part of MystiTech it would really help if I could get the H'uru client working on my machine. After I get my new drive installed, would someone be willing to talk me through that installation on a Mac? I would really appreciate it.

Have you checked Korov'ev’s tutorials? They are pretty detailed.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:07 am 
Obduction Backer

Christian Walther wrote:
lteyn63 wrote:
@Christian, can I ask if you are running Mavericks on your Mac?

No, this is on 10.5 (Leopard) and 10.6 (Snow Leopard). I only have Mavericks in a virtual machine without OpenGL so I can’t test it there.

Hmm, this might explain why you and I are seeing such a difference with Cider then. Back when I upgraded to Mavericks, there was a bit of hiccuping after which Cider seemed to settle down. I will check my Cider install again in a week or so and see if the problem persists.

And I am assuming I'll be testing everything yet again after I upgrade to Yosemite... :? (But who knows when that might happen, what with the bash bug and all...)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:10 pm 
Obduction Backer

Christian Walther wrote:
lteyn63 wrote:

Have you checked Korov'ev’s tutorials? They are pretty detailed.

Thanks. I just noticed them. I will try it when I get my new SSD.

@Ainia, let me know how you get on. I've decided to upgrade to Mavericks (for security reasons) and keep my bootable Mountain Lion HD while we sort something out. :-)

Member of MystiTech Productions

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:07 am 
Obduction Backer

lteyn63 wrote:
@Ainia, let me know how you get on. I've decided to upgrade to Mavericks (for security reasons) and keep my bootable Mountain Lion HD while we sort something out. :-)

Shorah again,

Good news for Cider fans (which includes me!) :)

After a number of system reboots, my Cider wrapper is working again. Of course, the frustrating bit is having no information about what the true problem might have been... But all told, I still prefer my Cider version to the Wineskin. :D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:38 am 
Obduction Backer

Well then, I’ve edited the Cider-is-not-working part :)

KI #46116. Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
Want to know what’s going on in the Cavern? Visit the GoMe site.

MacOS wrappers, D’ni Lessons, DniTools, goodies.

Post subject: Linux known bugs
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:28 pm 

I just tried installing the current version ( build 918 -- is there any more detail on versions than that? Like a date? ) on Linux ( Debian GNU/Linux 7.x "Wheezy" x86_64 ) with Wine 1.4.1 (documented here: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager. ... &iId=31003 -- please submit your own tests! ), and ran into two problems:

1) Sounds are buzzy.

2) Avatar *skin* (not clothes, or eyes or teeth) is invisible.

PhysX installed fine.

Are there any known work-arounds for these issues that I could try?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

Note that I don’t personally have Uru on Linux, so I don’t have an actual answer, but #2 sounds like a video driver issue. Which card do you have?

Is the buzzing everywhere or just in some places? If it happens in Relto and near Zandi’s trailer, it might be related to this bug.

Build 918 was released on June 13, 2013.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:24 am 
Obduction Backer

Not much to add. Just thought I'd say... The cider works for me on Mavericks. It worked before the reset, if I delete those two fan files. It work the same now.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:26 pm 

korovev wrote:
Note that I don’t personally have Uru on Linux, so I don’t have an actual answer, but #2 sounds like a video driver issue. Which card do you have?

I have an Intel video card (details below).

korovev wrote:
Is the buzzing everywhere or just in some places? If it happens in Relto and near Zandi’s trailer, it might be related to this bug.

So far, I've just noticed it in Relto -- but I haven't played much farther. And in the current version of Wine, there's no sound at all.

korovev wrote:
Build 918 was released on June 13, 2013.

Thanks, I'll add that to the Wine AppDB entry.
Quote:
sudo lshw -C video
*-display
description: VGA compatible controller
product: 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller
vendor: Intel Corporation
physical id: 2
bus info: [email protected]:00:02.0
version: 09
width: 64 bits
clock: 33MHz
capabilities: msi pm vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom
configuration: driver=i915 latency=0
resources: irq:44 memory:c0000000-c03fffff memory:b0000000-bfffffff ioport:3000(size=64)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:31 pm 
Obduction Backer

So, I just got my first Mac from work. I've been avoiding this like the plague, but I figure now I should learn how to get Windows things running on here. I installed Wine and Wine Bottler. I installed MO:UL, launched it, installed PhysX, etc. When I launch URU it starts updating but when it gets to 1 second left it crashes. Every time. Anyone have any ideas?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:37 am 
Obduction Backer

Shorah OHB,

Can we assume you've already worked through korovev's excellent tutorial here? Have you tried any of the pre-made Wineskins or one of the Cider wrappers already? From your description, it sounds like you are trying to build your own (which is great! :) we can always use more savvy Mac folk here in the tech support forums!). However, if these symptoms are related to Wineskin settings/configuration, it might be simpler for you to see if any of these pre-made containers work better for you.

That said, it might help to know a bit more about your setup (hardware, OS version) so we can figure out some options for you to fiddle with in making your own wrapper. For instance, the Wine engine version can make a huge difference in how or whether the wrapper works properly.

When building/troubleshooting Wine wrappers, you can get diagnostic information by doing a test run from inside the Wine interface. The Test Run button is available on all three tabs in the Advanced option interface; you can select the View button to see the test run logs when you finish your running your test.

Also, there are a few gotchas I've encountered from time to time with my Cider wrapper. For instance, if something fails with the MOULa startup and it crashes or I quit, one of the two MOULa processes often is still running in the background. Until I go kill it, subsequent attempts to restart MOULa will invariably fail. I don't know if the Wine wrapper works the same way (i.e., starting two MOULa processes), but it might be worth checking on your end.

Plus, lately I've found that a number of system reboots can cure a variety of ills (with Cider at least). This wasn't the case before OSX Lion, but ever since Apple rolled out Lion and then Mavericks, reinstalling MOULa has triggered flakey behavior that was corrected only after rebooting my laptop a number of times.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:53 am 
Obduction Backer

If you need an actual Windows environment, you could install Bootcamp, but I gather you want to run Windows software under Mac OS.
Regarding MOULa, I tried the Wine app method with a few shards recently, but couldn’t make them work, though dgelessus apparently managed to. I think wrappers like Cider or Wineskin are currently the only practical options, it seems they add something to the basic Wine framework.

Ainia wrote:
reinstalling MOULa has triggered flakey behavior that was corrected only after rebooting my laptop a number of times.

Could it be because of rogue wine processes? It can happen if MOULa crashes. You can close all wine processes by launching any Wineskin program inside a wrapper and clicking Advanced > Tools > Kill Wineskin Processes. This will close every wine process, not just those from the wrapper itself.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:36 pm 
Obduction Backer

korovev wrote:
Ainia wrote:
reinstalling MOULa has triggered flakey behavior that was corrected only after rebooting my laptop a number of times.

Could it be because of rogue wine processes? It can happen if MOULa crashes. You can close all wine processes by launching any Wineskin program inside a wrapper and clicking Advanced > Tools > Kill Wineskin Processes. This will close every wine process, not just those from the wrapper itself.

I'll use this handy tip whenever I upgrade to Yosemite and see if it helps. :) I'd sure like to know more about what is causing that behavior.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:59 pm 

Shorah. :D

Just a question:
I'm playing on Linux Though Play On Linux using a Wine 1.5.30 prefix... And it goes almost perfect. with graphics at the top high, at fullscreen 1920x1080 and Sound... except the Voicechat. Every time i refresh the config window, it put me the microphone level at 0%.

Anyone solved this? :<

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next