It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:59 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:13 am 
Obduction Backer

Kilniath wrote:
Im another new player, and having recently finished Myst and Riven for the first time i'm very excited to play Uru Live, especially as Uru:Cc doesn't work for me :(
Luckily I have tons of patience and excitement to keep me checking this site every day so that I can join you all in Uru :3
Wow, within these two pages I see already 7 or 8 new names (for me) and thus new explorers with posts less than 5, awesome ... :P

So, a warm welcome everyone, to Uru/Moula, these forums and the Uru/Myst community, and yes, Kilniath, please keep up your patience and excitement, you really won't regret it, and over time you'll learn about the many varied options to occupy yourself with Uru related stuff (age creation, shards etc.), alone or with fellow explorers, in case Moula would be down again ... Yeah, for now I wish you happy explorations and lots of fun ... :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:46 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Welcome home, ekj111. Shorah and welcome to the community, ajgag57, Kilniath and other newcomers.

I'm sorry you all arrived just as we were evacuating due to the potential for flooding in the cavern (Parts of Carlsbad prepare for evacuation, Eddy Co. under flash flood watch; Carlsbad Caverns to stay closed due to flooding). Yes, it would be unlikely that there could be enough rain to actually flood the cavern, but just the possibility of water raging through the tunnels sent most of us linking back to our home age. :wink:

Hope to see you all in the cavern once the waters recede. :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:08 pm 

Browsed my archive and found a KI-pic dating back March 25th '11. Some may remember that the cavern had been vacant for a few days. When re-opened people were flooding the city.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:12 pm 

Welcome 'ajgag57', if you would like to see what's happend in MOULa in the past check out this site:
http://heritagenight.wordpress.com/.

I forgot to return to the thread.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:28 pm 

cpt-jericho wrote:
Browsed my archive and found a KI-pic dating back March 25th '11. Some may remember that the cavern had been vacant for a few days. When re-opened people were flooding the city.

Not only do I remember that, I was there (yes I am in the picture).
We almost maxed out Ae'gura ... 48 people out of 50 capacity, and 46 of them were in this circle. It was spontaneous and an amazing thing to happen.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:42 pm 

KathAveara wrote:
Shorah! (that means 'hello')

Yeah, it's a pity that we're having issues, since that'll cause many people who might otherwise have played to just give up, which is ultimately one of the biggest problems Uru faces.

I guess that another good aspect of the recent server troubles is that it reminds us of the importance of donating for the cause. As a new player, I was planning on donating -- eventually. The server problems helped to remind me how important it was. Maybe my personal motto should be donate early, and often, if you want to keep the system working well.

On the flip side, even though I have been a member for less than a month, I have already experienced two outages. For most of us, our free time is limited. We all understand that problems will happen, but there are limits to the amount of inconvenience we are willing to accept.

Shorah on.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:18 pm 

ajgag57 wrote:
I guess that another good aspect of the recent server troubles is that it reminds us of the importance of donating for the cause. As a new player, I was planning on donating -- eventually. The server problems helped to remind me how important it was. Maybe my personal motto should be donate early, and often, if you want to keep the system working well.

I haven't had a chance to play yet, but I can definitely understand how the more donations they receive the more likely they are to keep the service running and try to keep it running well. As soon as I'm able to play I'll be donating :) any online service that has been up for as long as this definitely deserves to be up for a lot longer I'd say!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:26 pm 
Obduction Backer

Kilniath wrote:
I haven't had a chance to play yet, but I can definitely understand how the more donations they receive the more likely they are to keep the service running and try to keep it running well. As soon as I'm able to play I'll be donating :) any online service that has been up for as long as this definitely deserves to be up for a lot longer I'd say!

This is the nicest post I have ever seen relating to MOUL(a)

Welcome everyone that are new and ready to explore and Shorah to all my friends

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:54 pm 

I had an experience last night on another game that was related to this that I thought I'd share. People in that game chat have been asking me all weekend about other games that I play when I'm not on there. So, Friday night, I mentioned MOULa. Before long, so many people were asking me questions about the game and how they could play. I lamented the server issues and how no one could play at the moment until the issue is fixed.

Well, last night I was on the same game chat talking to yet another person asking me about the game. I again lamented the server downage. Well, someone from the Friday chat who happened to be on made the comment that since I had told them about the game, they have been waiting patiently and eagerly for things to be resolved so that they can get on and play.

I have to admit, guys. I have not been so patient. lol But if the things I said contributed to making that one person so eager to play, than I'm forced to realize that we're pretty lucky to have this game and we should really appreciate it more. I know I'll be donating more often than I have, and taking a deeper interest in community.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:51 am 
Obduction Backer

Dare I ask...

Is it MOREa yet?

Well if you're really bored you can read the thread that Vidkid7 started soon after GameTap's version of MOUL went down and ended when MOULa started:
Is it MORE yet?
http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16404

Thanks again Vidkid7 for keeping up our hope for all 140 PAGES of your thread. I'm sure we won't have anything like that for this topic.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:14 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Hanging around with mermaids. And still looking for the elusive Funky Bahro.
Anora wrote:
I had an experience last night on another game that was related to this that I thought I'd share. People in that game chat have been asking me all weekend about other games that I play when I'm not on there. So, Friday night, I mentioned MOULa. Before long, so many people were asking me questions about the game and how they could play. I lamented the server issues and how no one could play at the moment until the issue is fixed.

Well, last night I was on the same game chat talking to yet another person asking me about the game. I again lamented the server downage. Well, someone from the Friday chat who happened to be on made the comment that since I had told them about the game, they have been waiting patiently and eagerly for things to be resolved so that they can get on and play.

I have to admit, guys. I have not been so patient. lol But if the things I said contributed to making that one person so eager to play, than I'm forced to realize that we're pretty lucky to have this game and we should really appreciate it more. I know I'll be donating more often than I have, and taking a deeper interest in community.

This is what I've been saying all along: there are plenty of people who'd love to play Myst Online, but don't even know it exists! Myst is still a popular (well, popular enough, anyways) franchise - I doubt that Cyan would have made a realMyst Masterpiece Edition if there wasn't a market for it.

It really does pay to advertise.

KI numbers:
TOOO 24657
Magical Mystery TOOO 643784
Institution TOOO 816645
Karaoke TOOO 816776

~and featuring~

Murinna (the mermaid) 2484723
Mallina (the other mermaid) 3015052

Second Life: TOOO Fall

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:40 pm 

Anora wrote:

That is great, Anora! I understand their patience. If they liked Myst and its sequels, it is normal.

As a matter of fact, I too was planning to start MOUL back in 2006/7, and when I finally found time and a good moment, I found it was discontiuned. Then I joined in 2010, when it was back. I didn't mind waiting 4 years at all.

Maybe you can interest your friends in starting on some alternative shard in the meanwhile, so they can at least make their first steps there and have their first impressions of the Uru worlds. The Open Cave is, unfortunately, down these days as well, but the Gehn Shard and the Deep Island are working fine.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:42 pm 

Quote:
Maybe you can interest your friends in starting on some alternative shard in the meanwhile, so they can at least make their first steps there and have their first impressions of the Uru worlds. The Open Cave is, unfortunately, down these days as well, but the Gehn Shard and the Deep Island are working fine.
Advise a novice to attend a shard does not seem like a good solution. Why?

The shards alter the original game and allow travel other than Moula.
When the player will return to Moula it will, in my opinion, baffled and will not locate himself.
This is like a novice who would start the game with the Magic Worlds of Magicbot. It would disturb him a lot.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:19 pm 

Mister Magic wrote:
When the player will return to Moula it will, in my opinion, baffled and will not locate himself.

Maybe on the Deep Island, with its many fan ages. Or on the Open Cave, with the fabulous City of Dimensions, after which everything else comes short.
But the Gehn shard is not so "dangerous" - a few extra things there (the Fenrir House, for instance) would not distort the experience at all. And the GoMe Pub can only strengthen and foster the community aspect.

Last edited by RockArdemar on Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:18 pm 

Sounds bad....almost vault wipe ish. :-(

KI #03313934

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next