It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:29 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:29 pm 

VBCoder wrote:
Well, I'm not trying to teach anyone anything here. If I was, I would have listed all of the reasons. I was just stating my opinion. Sorry if that rubbed you the wrong way. I still stand on my opinion.

It did not rub me in any way. I am sorry if you interpreted it that way, and thank you for your detailed reply.

Last time the MOUL was down, we did wait patiently for some 4 years for it to be back. But then, there were no alternative shards at that time. Should there have been some, I would have gone to play there.

I do agree with you here:
VBCoder wrote:
The shards, for the most part, expand on the original experience and are best suited for those that want to go beyond MOULa.

I agree that maybe The Open Cave, with its extended KI commands, is not the best option for someone who never played MOUL because these may alter the first-time experience. Or the DI, with plenty of fan ages, (and its complicated installation) - yes, someone could be overwhelmed there and lose the thread of the game.

But Gehn or Minkata shards do not have extended KI commands and do not require a complex installation process so they could perfectly welcome new gamers now that MOULa is unavailable.

Back to Anora's friends from other games, I think it is great to have people interested in coming to Uru and broaden the community. So instead of telling them "you can't play right now because the database is being fixed", maybe it is better to say "the database is being fixed, but you can try this alternative: [link to Gehn/Minkata] in the meanwhile". So they at least have another option to consider.

And of course, the decision is always of each and every person themselves.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:43 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
RockArdemar wrote:
Last time the MOUL was down, we did wait patiently for some 4 years for it to be back.
It only seemed like four years, but it was actually less than two; it was 20 months.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:46 pm 

Rock, you gave some good advice.
Use the other shards to meet up with friends
and new players. Why are people scared to mention them during this downtime?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5