It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:35 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Ki reset
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:31 pm 
Obduction Backer

just let you know the ki is not working properly right now needs a reset, having to log out and back in to bump up my hood, ki mail cant be seen unless log out and back in.

When you get you chance could you do a reset or maintenance here (don't know what to call it) thanks been this way all weekend.

Post subject: Re: Ki reset
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:56 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

It gets described as "maintenance" but what is usually needed is a server shut down and re-start. That makes sure all the servers are in sync and reloads the vault (which is usually where the KI problems lie).

It looks like it has maybe been eight weeks since the last restart, so perhaps one is about due.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:29 pm 

Next restart is expected at 10 AM PDT (11 KI) tomorrow (Tuesday). So Cyan are on top of it ;)

In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:57 am 

Hang on...Is that the reason the Cavcon was so unexpectedly high at the end last month?

If so, I'd be more than happy to endorse a more sporadic server reset if it would save the Cavcon some funds. (Say every 6 weeks, or so if the Ki-issues aren't too noticable...As eight seems a bit too long.)

Anys, just my own thoughts on the matter.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:13 am 

There was regular three week cycle established when MagiQuest Online was paying for support. MOULa restarts were tagged on the back of MQO restarts, so cost was minimised. The cycle continued after MQO closed down, but in recent months I think usage of MOULa has slackened off (which reduces the KI issues) and I've noticed the interval has looked more like six weeks. Maybe they're experimenting to see how long an interval can be tolerated instead of using some arbitrarily defined number of weeks.