It is currently Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: can not get URU online
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:18 pm 

cant get my game to start it gets to the sign on page and crashes before I get my name and password in. that being said yes I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, running as admin, and shutting down both windows firewall and AVG antivirus nothing helps please can someone help me? :cry:

well well somehow I got the game to open and started a new character > musicmom I forgot to look at my KI number but ill be on later :D 8)

ok cyan support said I should post that my game is working. ^^^^ saying again >> well well somehow I got the game to open and started a new character > musicmom I forgot to look at my KI number but ill be on later :D 8)

Last edited by tahcar on Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
tahcar, it might be helpful if you post some information about your operating system.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:01 am 
Former MystOnline Moderator

One question would be to ask if you've had the game working before this or is it the first time you've tried?

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

I have a question are you trying to go online using the Uru compete Chronicles Cds?
If so that not gonna work on the CC game, it a downloaded game meaning CC and the download here are completely separated games. You need the downloaded game to play online.

At least that the impression I'm getting that your trying to get online from the CC game. Correct me if I'm wrong.

here http://mystonline.com/en/play/ look at the system requirements and download from the Cyan Worlds downloader (That what I have).

try reading this if this helps also viewtopic.php?f=40&t=19424

I hope this helps. :)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:44 pm 

Tai'lahr wrote:
tahcar, it might be helpful if you post some information about your operating system.

windows 7, AMD Semperon(tm) processorLE-1300 230 GHz, RAM 7.75, 64-bit operating system what other info do you want?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:45 pm 

zeke3651 wrote:
I have a question are you trying to go online using the Uru compete Chronicles Cds?
If so that not gonna work on the CC game, it a downloaded game meaning CC and the download here are completely separated games. You need the downloaded game to play online.

At least that the impression I'm getting that your trying to get online from the CC game. Correct me if I'm wrong.

here http://mystonline.com/en/play/ look at the system requirements and download from the Cyan Worlds downloader (That what I have).

try reading this if this helps also viewtopic.php?f=40&t=19424

I hope this helps. :)

NO im not trying to play a CD I downloaded from the site mystonline.com/en/play/

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:48 pm 

Mac_Fife wrote:
One question would be to ask if you've had the game working before this or is it the first time you've tried?

I have had the game working on this computer before I had to do a complete reinstall of the windows 7 and never have been able to open the game sence :(

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:37 pm 

OK, good. So we know the PC can run the game OK, and its just that *something* isn't right since the re-installation.

You say the "game crashes" - in what way? Do you get any error message or does the login box simply disappear? I know it can be hard but the more you can describe what you do and what happens then the better chance we have of working out where it's going wrong.

If you've re-installed the OS, have you also re-installed both DirectX and PhysX?
If you go to the Start button and type dxdiag in the search box you should see the DirectX version shown near the bottom of the window that appears if DirectX is installed.
For PhysX, you also need to make sure you've installed the Legacy Driver: http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx-9.13 ... river.html

In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:50 pm 
Obduction Backer

tahcar wrote:
cant get my game to start it gets to the sign on page and crashes before I get my name and password in.

This sounds like the client is failing to contact Cyan's support server. Can you access http://support.cyan.com with your web browser?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:51 pm 

AdamJohnso wrote:
tahcar wrote:
cant get my game to start it gets to the sign on page and crashes before I get my name and password in.

This sounds like the client is failing to contact Cyan's support server. Can you access http://support.cyan.com with your web browser?

yes I just now submitted my problem there hopefully someone can help me :(

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:56 pm 

Mac_Fife wrote:
OK, good. So we know the PC can run the game OK, and its just that *something* isn't right since the re-installation.

You say the "game crashes" - in what way? Do you get any error message or does the login box simply disappear? I know it can be hard but the more you can describe what you do and what happens then the better chance we have of working out where it's going wrong.

If you've re-installed the OS, have you also re-installed both DirectX and PhysX?
If you go to the Start button and type dxdiag in the search box you should see the DirectX version shown near the bottom of the window that appears if DirectX is installed.
For PhysX, you also need to make sure you've installed the Legacy Driver: http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx-9.13 ... river.html

I get No error message the login box just disappears
I did reinstall Directx and PhysX when I was trying to open the game and it wouldn't work even tho it says I have them now

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:10 am 

tahcar wrote:
yes I just now submitted my problem there hopefully someone can help me :(

I don't expect you will get much help from there for MOULa unfortunately - you'll get more help from these forums. What Adam meant was that the client will often fail in the way you describe if it can't access the Support web site, so he was simply asking if you could open the website at all. The fact that you can suggests that this isn't the cause of your problem.