It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:32 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:27 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Hanging around with mermaids. And still looking for the elusive Funky Bahro.
From the PLAY tab:

Quote:
Sorry, but we are currently unable to process any account creation or password reset requests. Please try again later

We apologize for any inconvenience this causes, and hope to have service back online shortly.

(Italics mine.)

So, you see, they're planning to have account creation services returned... someday. I like to think there's an upgrade coming, but it's probably just a glitch that needs fixing. Cyan remains mum on the issue.

KI numbers:
TOOO 24657
Magical Mystery TOOO 643784
Institution TOOO 816645
Karaoke TOOO 816776

~and featuring~

Murinna (the mermaid) 2484723
Mallina (the other mermaid) 3015052

Second Life: TOOO Fall

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:49 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

The first sentence is exactly how the "account creation closed" message has looked since May 2013. The second sentence is a relatively new addition to the message.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:49 pm 

So no option to recover password either?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:38 pm 

That is likely to be a different kettle of fish, imho.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:17 am 

No, not really, Nev. Both services are linked since they work on the same database tables and there's not much difference between creating a new account and updating an existing one. Theoretically there could be different on/off switches for each service, but that's not how it works as this particular situation was never envisaged - it was always assumed that the services would only be closed when the database was out-of-use, meaning that neither function would be usable.
That said, manual password resets may be possible, depending on Cyan's willingness/ability to expend the time required.

In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:13 pm 

In spite of the account creation issues there are a few of us that are still silently working on the Gateway project. cuz it aint over till the fat Bahro sings,
or eats your homework

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:56 am 
Obduction Backer

Some of you may remember me as the creator of the "Goodies List." Those were happy days!

I just downloaded the game again after a few years and also cannot log into it. I have my old login info and it does not work. I really wanted to relive the experience but I guess I won't now :( It seems I waited too long to return.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:21 am 

Are you sure you're using the "right" login info, Texana? Even with all the things that have happened over the time MOULa has been open, no long-standing accounts have been lost, as far as I'm aware.

The most common mistake is forgetting that your username is actually the email address you used to register the account. Often people confuse that with either their primary avatar name or perhaps their forum login name.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:17 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thanks for the suggestion, it is a valid concern. However, I am using my email account as my user name. I even tried different email accounts and various combinations of passwords that I used for other Cyan related projects. As a last resort I tried using different capital letters to see if I had written down the info incorrectly. But sadly, no luck.

I am quite the packrat when it comes to account info. I keep an offline list of all my access codes. It is up to 12 pages now and growing every day :( I still have codes for all the accounts from closed betas and their related forums.

One thing I cannot find though is my receipt for the $5 fee we used to pay for access to MU:OL. In my dreams it has my account info written on it ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:47 pm 
Obduction Backer

Texana wrote:
One thing I cannot find though is my receipt for the $5 fee we used to pay for access to MU:OL. In my dreams it has my account info written on it ;)

That sounds suspiciously like a kagi key from the defunct Until URU... MOULa has no fee associated with it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:04 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Texana, the only accounts still valid are those created since MOULa returned in 2010. If you've created an account since then, it should be good, but if you're thinking of an account during the GameTap era or Until Uru, it's no longer active.

Edit: A search of your posts shows you were active here and in the cavern in 2010, so it seems you do have a current MOUL account. You seemed to have had some trouble with crashing and disappeared after March 2011. Maybe looking over some of your old posts will help jog your memory.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:36 pm 
Obduction Backer

You are correct about Until Uru and MU:OL again. I know I was in-cavern back then so at least once my password worked. I looked at my posts but most recent ones were from 'hidden' forums and not very relevant.

I recall an issue where there was a problem with the forums and I had to change my password, so I even tried using my various passwords from here. Still no luck. I am doomed it seems.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:40 pm 

Texana wrote:
I am doomed it seems.
Not doomed, just the victim of a particular set of circumstances ;). All resolved now, I understand :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:47 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Welcome home, Texana. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:18 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thank you! I am happily working my way through the ages again :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next