It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:36 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:36 am 

I am having great problems trying to get into the 'bucket': either I miss it or, I am standing on the railing ready to jump and nothing happens (no buckets arrive), once I actually got into it but the bucket stopped and did not move again... I wonder what I'm doing wrong?

I have only watched my daughter playing this game a few years ago... and I wonder whether there is problem with this section of the game? I do not remember seeing the barrier at the end of the walkway previously (when I watched only).

Thanks for any help!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:44 am 

It may not be a technical issue... the game was originally designed with the idea of TWO players--- one to operate the switch while the other one climbs in the bucket.

BUT... in order to allow a single player to operate the bucket, the timing of the movement has been changed to allow for a delay in its movement--- which makes it a little wonky... you throw the switch and then there's maybe a 5 to 10 second delay before the bucket responds.

This creates a delay when you activate it-- to allow you to jump in. So I guess a delay when you deactivate it, is a side-effect of that. You may just have to watch closely, and see exactly when the delays are worked in, so you can time it correctly.

OR, you can bring a buddy along... despite the delay, someone else can still activate the bucket once you're already in it.

I had tons of trouble with that bucket, the first time I did it. But it is possible.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:12 pm 

Thanks, I guess I'll just have to keep trying.....

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:07 pm 

:mrgreen:

[Reveal] Spoiler:
It takes longer to turn a full 180 then to backstep and turn 90

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:19 pm 

Also keep in mind that in order to do anything in the game you must send a request from the server and get a response. If you have a slower internet connection, you can have all sorts of issues. Use a wired connection if you have one. Satellite internet is not supported by Cyan since it has a slow upload speed.

I forgot to return to the thread.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:38 pm 

Does not seem like a bug . This bug could be called "the hazard of knowing beforehand what should be achieved" Makes one impatient. :-)