It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:39 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:41 am 

Hi

I have a Mac, and I use the Cider Wrapper for URU and it works just fine.
There is a problem though, that occurred some time ago. When I want to switch between desktops using cmd-tab to get to Finder it works to get out of URU, but when I try to switch back to URU again nothing happens.

Anyone who knows something about this issue?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:37 pm 

I tried plugging in a Windows keyboard on my Mac to see if that would help. Well, it didn't help with this very odd switching issue, but there was some advantage using it. I could type ?, wish I can't do on my Mac keyboard. My Mac didn't like this Windows keyboard though.

I have used the Cider Wrapper for years and never had any problem switching desktops before, this is something that occurred some time ago. Maybe it's due to updates on either Mac OS or URU.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:43 pm 
Obduction Backer

Never happened to me, but then again I don’t usually switch desktops when in the Cavern. Which keyboards do you have? (US, UK, etc.)

Cider can be a bit erratic, e.g. recently I’m having a problem with the window bar getting stuck under the menu bar; I can only move the window down by temporarily changing resolution. Others however don’t seem to have this problem.

KI #46116. Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
Want to know what’s going on in the Cavern? Visit the GoMe site.

MacOS wrappers, D’ni Lessons, DniTools, goodies.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:34 pm 

I have a Swedish keyboard, it's a bit awkward since that keyboard mapping is not supported in Cider. Some keys (like the Swedish keys å ä ö are replaced with something else), and some keys doesn't work at all, like the key with ?
I use the switching if I'm in URU and want to get a music stream and come back again. That can also be done by simply quit URU, go get the stream and log in again, but that's kind of a roundabout.

I Think I've found a solution now, thanks to what you wrote about windows korovev. I don't play URU in a window mode, but in full screen mode. I remembered some option in the graphics settings in URU saying windowed. I's greyed down for me but under I could read (For Mac users Command + return).
I tried that and URU moved as a window to the upper part of my desktop. I then just had to click on my desktop to get to Finder, then click on that URU window again to get to URU.

Fantastic

Thank you very much korovev