It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:04 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Hard hats
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:01 pm 

sorry for up this really old post
but the hard hat is also missing:
in uru cc on takotah roof there are lot of orange hat (hard hat with no drc logo and small diffrence with the drc hard hat) and 1 white hat: drc hard hat (white with drc logo)
both can be colored
in moula there are only the orange hat
but the orange hat give you the drc hard hat instead of the hard hat

Post subject: Re: Hard hats
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:46 am 
Obduction Backer

I think there has only ever been one hard hat in MOULa, the white one with the DRC logo on it. I've seen three in Uru, Orange generic hard hat, DRC hat and a blue Cynatist hat...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:44 am 

I remember seeing a hard hat with a light on it way back in the gametap MOUL
Kinda like a miners hard hat

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:07 am 
Obduction Backer

All three hard hats are in the game files, but only the DRC one (which can be recolored) is normally available (you can get them with Magic Bot). The one with the light is reserved to ResEng. Then again, one could wonder why a hard hat with a light is ResEng only, but anyone can go around with a DRC logo without being part of it.

By the way, all the clothings available in Uru were supposed to be available in MO:ULa, but still aren’t.

KI #46116. Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
Want to know what’s going on in the Cavern? Visit the GoMe site.

MacOS wrappers, D’ni Lessons, DniTools, goodies.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:55 pm 
Obduction Backer

The hard hat with the (very large) light on is available in offline Uru as the Cyantist hat.

The DRC logo was, as far as can work out, meant to be a signal of your affinity with the DRC, rather than those naughty rebellious types . . . :D

Last edited by AlanD on Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:23 pm 

You can see all the clothes and accessories of the game and that you can coat with MagicBot here:
http://magicworlds.actifforum.com/t83-body-parts-clothing-and-accessories-wear-unwear-colour
But beware! Some clothing and accessories can not be worn in public ages. This is clearly stated in this site.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:33 pm 

Any chance on getting the ResEng hard hat with light available in the online version for everyone?

There are several places where it would come in real handy

E=mc2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:22 am 
Obduction Backer

In MOULa, the hard hats can be colored, so there's no need for a separate orange one. You can make it orange, red, blue, pink or whatever in the character editor.

3 # 11308
The Lost Library of D'ni

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:46 am 
Former MystOnline Moderator

I think i the differences are really whether the hat has a DRC logo or not or whether it has a lamp or not. I suspect that because colour is under the user's control, the hat with the lamp was reserved to Res Engs as "evidence" of their authenticity - a physical difference that would differentiate them from a fraud masquerading as a Res Eng. That is not as meaningful now as it used to be but I think it is still worth respecting.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:15 am 
Obduction Backer

Of course, I was pointing out an IC inconsistency: hard hats with a lamp would be a good idea for visitors of a still-not-entirely-stable cavern, while DRC badges would make more sense to be reserved to actual DRC personnel.

On the other hand, a big hat is a more easily visible mark than a small badge on a vest, so it makes sense to use that. A bit like how movies took a long time to move from CDs (or cubes, in older TV series) as a visual symbol of data storage.

Then again, ResEngs could be wearing Maintainer suits: it makes sense from an IC point of view (being the best safety tool the DRC had around), and it would ‘certify’ a ResEng identity as well, as those suits are (were) not supposed to leave the Wall arena.

But also:
Rand in 2013 wrote:
"...We [RAWA and himself] thought that everything was enabled in MOULa, but we may have missed some things. So, That's one you'll actually have to help us with. We may have missed a couple-- we thought we had enabled all the clothing and goodies, If we've missed something, let us know."
Anyone who played with the bots knows that e.g. the Great Tree jacket, Sharper’s hat and Atrus’ tunic are in fact present but unavailable.

KI #46116. Donate to help the Cavern stay open!
Want to know what’s going on in the Cavern? Visit the GoMe site.

MacOS wrappers, D’ni Lessons, DniTools, goodies.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:54 pm 
Obduction Backer

korovev wrote:
But also:
Rand in 2013 wrote:
"...We [RAWA and himself] thought that everything was enabled in MOULa, but we may have missed some things. So, That's one you'll actually have to help us with. We may have missed a couple-- we thought we had enabled all the clothing and goodies, If we've missed something, let us know."
Anyone who played with the bots knows that e.g. the Great Tree jacket, Sharper’s hat and Atrus’ tunic are in fact present but unavailable.

I think you're misunderstanding Rand's quote. The items that were to be available in MOULa were to be the same items available in MOUL as it existed under GameTap. Not that existed throughout all versions of Uru, or even that exist within the gamefiles but only through bots. MOULa is to be a snapshot of MOUL when it closed. Meaning items that were not available when it closed, would still not be available today. That includes everything on your list, as well as the Maintainer's suit and Varsity Jacket.

Chloe Rhodes

DIRT - Uru Live

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:38 pm 

Mac_Fife wrote:
the hat with the lamp was reserved to Res Engs as "evidence" of their authenticity - a physical difference that would differentiate them from a fraud masquerading as a Res Eng. That is not as meaningful now as it used to be but I think it is still worth respecting.

Since there is no Res Eng and no need for there hat I wonder if Cyan would be willing to allow it (or a similar version of it) to be used as a possible substitute for one of the inventory items in the version of The Decent that Chloe was working on.

E=mc2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:55 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Karkadann wrote:
Since there is no Res Eng...
What do you mean? I've seen Res Engs in MOULa on many occasions (and know them to be genuine Cyan staffers), certainly on weekdays.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:24 pm 

Mac_Fife wrote:
Karkadann wrote:
Since there is no Res Eng...
What do you mean? I've seen Res Engs in MOULa on many occasions (and know them to be genuine Cyan staffers), certainly on weekdays.

I guess I wasn't paying attention, My mistake I have not been online often
what about the other part
Quote:
if Cyan would be willing to allow res eng hat (or a similar version of it) to be used as a possible substitute for one of the inventory items in the version of The Decent that Chloe was working on.

E=mc2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:52 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
if Cyan would be willing to allow res eng hat (or a similar version of it) to be used as a possible substitute for one of the inventory items in the version of The Decent that Chloe was working on.
[/quote]

The KI light was to be used for Descent, not a hat. No need for a hat, especially considering the ResEng one doesn't actually give off light and is merely decorative.

Chloe Rhodes

DIRT - Uru Live