It is currently Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:58 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:38 pm 

Good morning or good evening wherever you are from around the world, I am Niccolò and I just completed my Journey in Myst Online, having an impressive experience.

After playing all Myst Saga chapters, this title, with its unique multiplayer feature fed by you all, was probably the best one. Together with the yet acclaimed quality which characterises Cyan titles, there is an army of kind and experienced users that helps a lot during the first game steps, and that pushed myself to keep playing in order to spend time with them.

As always, complicated games such as a Massive Multiplayer Online - Puzzle Based game, there are, unfortunately, a few minor, and sometimes major, bugs, which I would like to resume in this thread, with the purpoise to help others in the identification of these problems and to maybe address developers to fix them.

- Black screen when crossing a portal
A common problem is, when going through a portal, to face off a black screen which force you to restart the game. Some people are able to solve it by putting down the game, with Alt+Tab or with Windows Key, but for some others this does not work. The bug occurs when linking to an other age, but it is more frequent when linking to a Bahro Cave (and so it is also know as "Black Bahro Cave" bug), it happens in particular when crossing the notorious Pod Portals and this may compel you to wait about fifteen more hours until the next portal comes. Someone noticed this problem too, and wrote this thread: http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26864.
A temporary solution to cross Pod Portals without having this problem is to open the game a few minutes before and to go through an other Journey Gate sucessfully. This does not work always since the bug comes randomly, but may help and reduces possibilities.

- Ahnonay chair fall bug
As previously reported in this thread, http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=28752, when approaching to the last stage of this difficult age, you may fall into the ground when exiting the Vogondola vehicle. This is probably the worst bug because it force you to re-rotate spheres to re-attempt, which means a lot of work. The final solution is to open the KI through F2 key, and this re sync character animation with chair one. The bug seems to do not occurs when returning with the Vogondola the the starting station.

- Kickable objects stuck in Relto and Devin
This is not a bug, but it causes problems too, and it is possible to loose fire marbles, rocks and logs by getting them stuck in the geometry. This, in Relto, prevent their position's reset, and, in Devin, leave these objects somewhere forever. Someone noticed too this issue, and wrote: http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=27577. A coder, called "Paladin Of Kaos", (a name that is not a program in this case), created this useful tool: http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=21615, but the download link does not work anymore.

About my computer...
I encountered all of these problems too, and I run a gaming PC, built with my hands, and configured in order to face off any incompatibility issue (I run the notorious Medal Of Honor Allied Assault too, which has the fame to be a difficult to run game). My operating system is Windows 7 but it looks like Windows 98 because I saved performances by disabling any visual effect. Drivers are up to date and no other programs except from games are installed. There are no more than 32 process in background, which are only system activities and device controllers.

I really hope that these information would be of help for you all, and I really hope too that a new updated link book to the great Moulfixer 1.1 will be written.

Shorah to all of my in-game friends!

KI Number: 06987220

"And the sea will grant each man new hopes, as sleep brings dreams." C.Colombo