It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:43 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:39 am 
Obduction Backer

Recently there was a major update to Windows 10, one that needed several restarts to install, I think it was around November 17. After this update, Uru's mouse controls have become incredibly mean person/people.* As far as I can tell when one runs or walks around with the mouse the cursor goes invisible and instead of staying perfectly centered, it moves as you move your view, then as it approaches the edge of the screen it warps back towards the middle over and over again.

So it would seem that this update to Windows 10 has essentially made it so that Uru now moves my direction back with the cursor as it warps, thus making it hard to turn, it takes some fighting to get it to keep me facing the new way I want, and it is really frustrating because I normally use only mouse control to move, which I think is rare for Uru players? This problem extends to all versions of Uru offline and online.

I'm guessing there isn't much hope, but maybe someone is an expert and knows a setting I can change or something? That's why I brought up the cursor's behavior for mouse movement, since I really think something was updated making Windows more sensitive to any perceived cursor movement.

If someone thinks maybe they can help but need more detail or for me to look up specs somewhere please tell me!

*EDIT: Huh? I can't use that word without it being changed to "mean person/people"! I don't know an alternate word that conveys this as well as this one and it's not a "bad" word. The controls have become incredibly Juliet Echo Romeo Kilo Yankee.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:40 am 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Ehren wrote:
I don't know an alternate word that conveys this as well as this one and it's not a "bad" word. The controls have become incredibly Juliet Echo Romeo Kilo Yankee.
Uncontrollable stuttering movements? Yeah, I hate that auto censor, too.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:47 pm 

I gave up on WIN 10, largely because I think that same update killed my machine. Luckily I have several machines, with OS's other than WIN 10.

if I were you I would first see if there are new mouse drivers available for your mouse. Or look at mouse properties via the control panel.

There are also game options for how the mouse works. Click the gear ingame.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:26 am 

Ehren, you are not alone. My husband is having the same mouse problem in Moula. It started right after the Win 10 update you described. It is so bad that he quit playing and has still not been able to find a solution. If you or anyone else figures out how to fix it, please post here.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:33 am 

Possible many fix at this link...
https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10 ... pdate.html

I suggest you print it and create a restoration point b4 start you try a fix.

I do not use windows updates anymore unless this is an emergency. Microsoft is not reliable these days.

I use windows 7 and so far I had to fix 328 MB of bugs(folders and files).
I.E.
Accessories missing shortcut bug
https://www.raymond.cc/blog/restore-or- ... tart-menu/

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:42 pm 
Obduction Backer

Any news about this problem?
(I had it too, so I returned under 1703 and disabled Windows update...)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:52 pm 
Obduction Backer

I have access to 3 machines all running Win 10 1709. The mouse problem noted in this topic is exhibited on all 3 machines. I did discover if I raise the Mouse Turn Sensitivity I can control my avatar a bit better. However raising sensitivity has its own set of issues. Precise control of my avatar when running is just about impossible. The keyboard arrow controls work fine. The problem is not limited to MOULa alone. I am seeing the issues in several other flavors of the URU software many of us play. Tried several of tips I have seen on the internet with no change in the mouse behavior with MOULa.

Unless this issue is resolved the future of MOULa is bleak as people move from the Win 7 platform to Win 10. Hoping we see a resolution to this issue soon.

KI # 00009577

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:47 am 
Former MystOnline Moderator

I don't *think* there's anything in the MOULa code per se that can be adjusted for this issue - it seems more like a Windows issue and appears to be an artefact of the Creators Update: While a number of people here are commenting on this problem, I'm not seeing widespread reporting of it, so I suspect that the effect is not universal across Win10 users. This article even suggests that machines with Nvidia motherboard drivers might be more prone to issues: http://windowsreport.com/mouse-bugs-win ... pdate-fix/

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:13 pm 
Obduction Backer

I currently have no graphic card (the previous one is O.O.O.);
I'll receive the new one in February (Nvidia),
so if there's no new Windows update until there,
I'll wait until I installed the new graphic card,
and then I'll try again to upgrade Windows 10 to 1709.

P.S.: All my other softwares are running fine with 1709,
only Uru (offline and online) have a (this) problem.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:33 am 
Obduction Backer

Keep in mind that major Windows Updates such as this one do not roll out to all at once. It's fairly common for large products such as Windows and even Facebook to release updates in stages. I myself have not received the 1709 update and am still on 1703 according to winver.exe. So, the lack of commentary about issues might be an artifact of a small initial rollout.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:59 am 

I did a Google search and found many people having this problem + possible fix(s) at ...
https://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&sour ... p9Q8dFMrVA

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:06 am 
Obduction Backer

Did you actually read those articles? They do not seem to match what is being reported here.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:44 am 
Former MystOnline Moderator

AdamJohnso wrote:
Keep in mind that major Windows Updates such as this one do not roll out to all at once. ... So, the lack of commentary about issues might be an artifact of a small initial rollout.
That's a fair point. My wife's laptop got 1709 a number of weeks ago (and a further biggish update to that yesterday) - FWIW she's not made any comment on mouse/trackpad issues so far. I'm not sure if my son's gaming laptop has received the Fall Creators Update yet.

I don't think we've got enough information on the OS versions of affected machines, their chipsets and driver versions to draw any conclusions. :?

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:55 pm 

AdamJohnso wrote:
Did you actually read those articles? They do not seem to match what is being reported here.

If the title of this thread is: Post subject: Re: Windows 10 Mouse Control Problem
then I believe that the link in my previous post is talking about that.

Quote:
If you’ve experienced various mouse problems after installing Windows 10 Creators Update, you’re not alone. — this is actually a recurring issue for many users, ranging from minor lag to general unresponsiveness.

http://windowsreport.com/mouse-bugs-win ... pdate-fix/

Last edited by Artic_Wagon on Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:16 pm 
Obduction Backer

Mac_Fife wrote:
AdamJohnso wrote:
Keep in mind that major Windows Updates such as this one do not roll out to all at once. ... So, the lack of commentary about issues might be an artifact of a small initial rollout.
That's a fair point. My wife's laptop got 1709 a number of weeks ago (and a further biggish update to that yesterday) - FWIW she's not made any comment on mouse/trackpad issues so far. I'm not sure if my son's gaming laptop has received the Fall Creators Update yet.

I don't think we've got enough information on the OS versions of affected machines, their chipsets and driver versions to draw any conclusions. :?

My laptop has had the update and all seems good....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next