It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:50 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:11 pm 
Cyan Employee

Dear Uru fans,

As you have no doubt heard by now, Uru Live will soon become a reality thanks to a new partnership between Cyan and GameTap. Many of you have questioned how you can sign up for GameTap and be certain that GameTap knows the primary reason you’re signing up for the service is to support Cyan and Uru Live. To make absolutely sure that your voices are heard, we’ve worked with GameTap to create a special registration link.
Join GameTap by clicking on the link below, and you’ll be letting GameTap know that you’re signing up because of Uru Live. The more people who sign up through this special link, the louder the Uru Live support message will be sent to GameTap, and the greater the possibility that additional marketing and development dollars will be funneled to make Uru Live even better. Plus, you can start enjoying exploring GameTap’s library of over 500 games (including some of the past Myst games) while you wait for the launch of Uru Live.

Please note that GameTap is not currently available for residents outside the United States, but that both Cyan and GameTap are working together to make sure that Uru Live will be available internationally.

Click here ( link ) to support Cyan and Uru Live by joining GameTap.

Thank you for your support,
Cyan Worlds

Last edited by greydragon on Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:50 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:20 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Awesome! You have my support. Great work!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:50 pm 

How long will this offer run for? Is there a set time limit we have to sign up with this link?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:59 pm 
Obduction Backer

I don´t know what you are talking about here. When I click on the link in the news-section, I get the message, that gametap is only for users in the USA. So, how can I show my support for Cyan and Uru-Live? Is there anything different from the days before the last town-hall meeting?

Kai-Uwe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:13 pm 

Okay. It's simpler for international customers: they don't have to do anything yet. Since GameTap isn't international yet, then you will automatically be counted for Cyan when you sign up for Uru Live, because there is no possibility of ambiguity (Uru is all you get)

Well, unless they're playing video games, in which case heros die a lot too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:14 pm 

:D *Does the happy happy dance*

I'm wondering how long this offer will be availiable, too.

Random Speculation!: Is it just me, or does that bahro totem look strange in that pic of Relto?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:26 pm 

www2 wrote:
Random Speculation!: Is it just me, or does that bahro totem look strange in that pic of Relto?

No, it isn't just you. But that doesn't mean they've changed it for the new Live. All it means is that there has been some change since the pic was taken and now. Since we don't know when that was, we could be looking at footage from Uru Live heta the first time around...

Well, unless they're playing video games, in which case heros die a lot too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:37 pm 
I to want to know if there is a time limit to this offer.

I want to show my support but I don't want to pay $10 a month for a service I won't use to Live goes well Live.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:09 pm 

i want to sign up, but i keep getting a missing page LOL

i hope that means it is too busy to sign up right now :P

-Calliope KI#00193315 (MO:UL)
-Pixel KI#00189718 (MO:UL)
-Pink KI#07856185 (MO:UL)

President of the ResEng fan club ;)
Bound by reasonable constraints, the Angel of Boundless Possibilities ponders escape.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:16 pm 
Obduction Backer

I think it's too busy, too. I guess I can wait one more day. :)

A story: De Landria

Ghaelen: Moula.2 KI #64299

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:22 pm 

All signed up! :D

Just to let folks know---when you setup your account info---donot forget to click on the URU promotion code on the left side of the screen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:37 pm 

Wow I get back from a little trip and find things have moved right along. I went ahead and signed up now so I won't end up waiting for it after URU-Live starts. I don't want to miss out if the sign-up servers are too busy.
I look at it like I just have to drink one less soda every two days or smoke three less packs a month. $10 is a very small amount when you look at how much things costs these days. I spent $80 just to drive down to southern Missouri for a canoe trip and back. THen there's the $44 for the canoe rental and the $14 for the camp site plus the food eating out. I just spent over an entire years subscription in three days. SO to me GameTAP is dirt cheap! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:54 pm 
Obduction Backer

pradfah wrote:
All signed up! :D

Just to let folks know---when you setup your account info---donot forget to click on the URU promotion code on the left side of the screen.

:shock:

Ooops. It didn't do that automatically when I followed GD's link? Any way to do that retroactively? I'm not worried so much about any free trial business, but I want to be sure my sign-up gets credited to Uru Live.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:05 am 

I clicked on it to make sure it was entered but I didn't notice any difference. I think if it had not been automatically things would have changed.

I'm guessing, but I think it's ready at the start. No need to click.
GD any offical word on that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:05 am 

If you didn't click on the URU code, and assuming that means you aren't in on the deal, you can just e-mail/PM Greydragon. That would work the same as being a current Gametap subscriber and letting him know.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next