It is currently Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:27 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Microphone help needed.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:17 pm 

This is an area I am new at. I have a mike and there is a port labeled mike in. How do I set it up, if possible, so that I can talk on Live? Please talk slowly as I am an old man and not puter literate.
BTW: I can't find any walkers in my wardrobe. :lol:
Bud

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:26 pm 
Obduction Backer

There is a batch of audio settings from your spanner (tools) icon in-game. One of them is 'enable voicechat'.

Once that's done you'll need to play around with Sound Priority, the various volumes, and the software / generic hardware / audigy 2 ZS slider.

There may be some ex-game windows sound settings, but I don't know those. The XP defaults work for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:32 pm 

A simpler answer is...

If you have Windows XP, the only real fiddling you'll need to do is with the volume to make sure you don't come through too loudly. And yes, make sure voice chat is enabled from your control panel in Uru: live.

Other than that... to actually talk make sure you hold down the tab key.

As far as volume is concerned, the safest way to start is to set all your volume settings to halfway, and then adjust from there as needed. There are two main ways to change the volume.

In Uru: live, you can change your own voice volume in the control panel. In windows XP its a little trickier.

Start > All Programs > Accessories > Volume Control > Options > Properties

Click the "Recording" bubble, then hit ok and that will bring up your mic volume control.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:01 pm 

You can also use the Sounds and Audio Devices applet in Control Panel to help make sure your settings are right. Open the applet and click on the Voice tab. Make sure your Voice Recording device is set to your sound card, then click the Test Hardware button. The testing dialog will show you how to test your mic and voice playback and adjust the volumes.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]