It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:34 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:17 pm 

I hope there will be other options or I won't be able to use the service, I don't have a credit or debit card :(

Ayla in M.O.U.L. KI#00313358

My facebook page.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=566883777

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:18 pm 

I can assure you that in Germany it's not easy to get a credit card. I for one would NEVER get one - I live on a small income, and there is not a chance in the world, I asked many times.

It's unbearable to think that there could be Uru fans who are willing to subscribe, but are unable to get over that hurdle.

Last edited by Dream of Myst on Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:25 pm 
Obduction Backer

zam wrote:
I live in France and nearly everybody there has a credit card. All the shops you go to, you can pay by credit card so I am surprised to hear that nearly nobody in Europe has a credit card .

hi, zam and all the others,

sure there is an epidemic going on everywhere in technical stuff, every two month new, and of creditcards as well. they are coming and in general you can pay by credit card everywhere since years; all i wanted to say is that it is not yet "common" everywhere as it is in the states e.g.
you can pay by ec-card everywhere, too. you don't understand what i wanted to express... maybe i've chosen the wrong words. see the difference: in a shop (most) german people pay by credit card if they have any (but this is not usual believe me, only the ones with a higher budget ;-)) or most of the time by ec-card or cash. in the internet they're very much looking for more save payments. you know...
all i wanted to express was the consideration by gametap of terms/conditions of payment that include more of the people around the world...
i didn't want to speak for everybody, sorry for that, i am the voice for a number of people that they should not underestimate... :wink:

jana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:15 pm 

could someone just point me out where the big worry is? Don't the standard MMORPGs work just as well with credit cards? and dont people buy stuff off amazon and other places with credit card?
or is this some problem because the servers and the company providing the Uru service is in the USA?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:46 pm 

The problem is that there are people out there - believe it or not - who do not have a credit card, and will never be able to get one, even if they would fall to their knees begging for one. Maybe it's mostly Germany (wouldn't be surprised), but fact is: If Cyan or Gametap don't provide an alternate payment-system, then Live won't be happening for me. And that's my big worry!

If I buy something at amazon.de, I pay via wire transfer. I cannot buy anything at amazon.co.uk or amazon.com or anyplace where the only option is a credit card.

And when I see the reactions here in this thread, I seriously begin to doubt that Cyan or GT will even think about offering paypal or whatever. 90% of the people here seem to have difficulties to even grasp the possibility that anyone could not have a credit card ... !

sorry, I'm getting emotional. Well, try to imagine how I feel.
I remember when I got my kagi-key for UntilUru. They offered every possibility you could think of to send the money - you could even send cash! They really wanted to make sure that no-one got left outside.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:02 pm 

right you are... what am i saying, i myself cant pay with credit card for WoW.
though Paypal doesnt seem the way to go. Better would be some type of game cards. Everyone could just go to the store, buy it input the code and start gaming.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:55 pm 

Maybe so called "Prepaid Credit Cards" can help. As far as I know you can have one without the need of a fixed income (even in germany). E.g. my younger brother uses one to pay for an MMORPG, so that might work for URU as well. Anyway additional payment options would be welcome as I don't have a credit card myself yet. (What about Click&Buy or as allready mentioned Paypal?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:58 pm 
Obduction Backer

I'm hoping that Direct Debit will be available. I don't have a credit card either and I don't intend getting one. I've bought lots of things this way online. I even pay my ISP via Direct Debit. It's just 'better'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:36 am 

Patrick L. wrote:
Maybe so called "Prepaid Credit Cards" can help. As far as I know you can have one without the need of a fixed income (even in germany).

That's exactly the kind of thing I asked my bank for several times. They say there is no such thing.

Has anybody from Germany further information on this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:44 am 
Obduction Backer

Those pre-paid game cards are like top-up cards for mobile phones (cellphones) in the UK. I've not seen them here though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:11 am 

Well do you have phones in germany?

If so why not use SMS - text messaging and cyan charge the bill to the cost of the text message!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:37 am 
Obduction Backer

TomahnaGuy wrote:
Well do you have phones in germany?

No, actually we use drums, smokesigns and homing pigeons in germany :lol:

Kai-Uwe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:18 am 

I never heard of this ...

How does it work, and can someone confirm that this service is available in Germany?

I mean, how does this SMS thing work, not the smokesigns. I know how those work, of course. Just ordered a pizza. yummy ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:17 am 

TG, do you mean like sending a very expensive sms message to cyan and they see, "ah good its that guys phone number. Hey, account-managing-guy add another month to that guys account"...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:37 am 

SMS would be a good idea as it's universal
the funds comes out of your phone account either a pre-paid one or standard mobile
Works same as all these ring tones/wallpapers/java games you can get for all types of phone you send the sms to the company and they send you the item and they deduct it out
of the phone
just remember to have enough money in your phone account to cover it. :D

Another idea here in Oz is Prepaid Visa and Master card cards not linked to a bank account
so what you put in is what you have to spend so you can budget better.
They can be used on the net same way as normal credit/debit cards.
Both company's are also universal so I would suspect they would be in Germany.
http://www.corporate.visa.com/pd/consumer_products/consumer_prepaid.jsp
http://www.visa.de/meine_visa_karte/kreditkarten_privatkunden.htm

PS I don't work for either company :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next