It is currently Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:57 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:24 am 

Just to avoid some confusion, I received the first email telling me to upgrade the account.

After following instructions, it said I'd receive another email. I did not receive that one.

By the way, people outside of US and Canada are said to receive the first email at a later date.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:47 am 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
If the subaccount claim turns out to be true on the paid account I'll get real p.....!

If I understand correctly, you feel entitled to a 2-for-1 deal??

I, as a US player, plan to use the sub-account feature so my wife (the Noble Robotte) and I can play together, but I totally recognize that the feature is an extreme luxury. I mean, what other MMOG allows this?? (I don't think any do, but someone can correct me if they know otherwise)

If you can have up to seven sub-accounts, and 5 avatars per account, that's a total of 35 people who can create unique avatars with their own saved progress on one payment plan! For international players, you can still share an account with 4 other people.

Of course only two can access the Cavern at a time (and, of course, only one for international players), but if you were to coordinate with people you know and treat it like a time-share, that's not a bad deal for $13/month, even for international players

Anyway, my point is that while, yes, this is a benefit for the US subscribers have that the international folks won't get, and that's maybe a little uncool, in this case it's a total luxury, good for Us/Canada subscribers, but not bad for others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:34 am 
Obduction Backer

I've seen your repeated efforts to get this info, Cyan_Husky, and that is why I was asking. I have never had a Beta account (signed up for GameTap in the summer) and I've never seen Beta anywhere....

So, just to help you, I have a GameTap icon on the desktop; I double-click it, it pops up the "Get Ready to Play" window, and it automatically refreshes, initiates, and logs me in (I set it up that way)... I never see the words Beta anywhere. Hope this helps, and I hope you get some feedback from a successful upgrader..

Good luck!

Dadguy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:38 am 

What I meant was to sign in on gametap.com to get the info, but since you got a full account a while back, you can't really help with that. :? Thanks anyway.

I kinda don't know what to do right now...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:40 am 
Obduction Backer

I was reading on another thread that they heard from Gametap customer support that your account will remain a beta account until the transition takes place. So hopefully around the 15th it'll switch over.

Have faith people. Don't panic until you have reason to. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:42 am 

That's good to hear... *wipes sweat off brow*

I don't want to lose my Avatar. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:03 am 
Obduction Backer

OK, CH, I did that and got a screen that showed my "Current Membership Plan":

"1 Year of GameTap for $59.40 recurring"

Which is the special "Birthday" Plan I signed up for by paying a year in advance.

Hope this helps.

Dadguy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:21 am 
Obduction Backer

What I'm going to post here is for educational use only. How you use it (for good or evil) is in your own hands.

Alright. If you set up the sub accounts on GameTap, it's true that you can only login with two of the accounts at a time.

HOWEVER.

Uru is a little more forgiving. If you make more than one sub-account, all of those accounts can be online in Uru at the same time, if you're logging in using the standalone launcher instead of through the GameTap launcher.

So if you can create up to seven sub-accounts, that means all seven of those accounts can technically be online at the same time, as long as the main account holder continues to pay the fee. But this only applies to Uru Live, nothing else in the GameTap client will really work in this method.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:37 am 

Could you also just copy the uru live folder into another computer, and then both log in that way? I think that is what people do when they need to have more than one of their avatars on at the same time.

KI# 45434

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:56 am 

I think I hear the word "hacking" between the lines? We are supposed to log on through the official GameTap login procedure, otherwise Cyan will get no credits, and URU might die once again in the end.

Though I feel provoked by The Noble Robot I will keep the breath until all users including internationals have converted to the final GameTap account during the week to come.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:37 am 
Obduction Backer

Veralun wrote:
To avoid confusion:
Only the US and Canada have the possibility for subaccounts.
The other 12 international countries do not have subaccounts and have to pay separate for each account.

why not ?
I would have liked that. I hope that will be solved !
Getting tiered of these "international can't do this, international can't do that".

Hey, maybe I can ask some help from some American friends of mine, sharing a subaccont until I can get my own. Gametap will wait for my money as long as I will have to wait for them to fully be opened in France.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:47 pm 
Obduction Backer

Dahn wrote:
We were supposed to have received the transition email by now?? :shock: When was this? Does this also apply to international players outside US and Canada as well?

No. Domestic users received the email last week, but us internationals will receive it sometime this week, before Thursday.

"Never put Dolby on snake detectors"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:21 pm 
Obduction Backer

Sadly, none of that helps with my problem, I log in to beta from a link with MystOnline icon... GameTap splash plays, then Cyan splash plays.. then I sign the agreement (every time) then I get to the screen where you can log in as your established avatar or set another one, and I just click Play Uru.

I do not have a paid GameTap account and have one which I got with the special code. I was expect instructions on how to subscribe to a paid account with GameTap based on the account I have (i.e. the transition so I don't lose everything I've done so far as a beta tester, and don't lose my ID)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:46 pm 
Obduction Backer

EowynCarter wrote:
I hope that will be solved !
Getting tiered of these "international can't do this, international can't do that".

As "international" myself with the need for mutiple accounts I too hope that this will be resolved.
I trust that GameTap is doiing their best for us to make sub-accounts possible. Let us see what offer there is when we get a message from them the coming week for making an account. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:22 pm 
Obduction Backer

Without the full GameTap service, I think you expect too much. It would be better not to think of sub-accounts yet, and hopefully be pleasantly surprised.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next