It is currently Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:05 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

Dotthorpe wrote:
From a purely personal point of view, I'm quite happy to pay for two accounts so that I can play with my grand-daughter. With the current £/$ exchange rate it will not be too expensive considering the fun we will have. :lol:
However, I do hope that I can pay an annual fee so that I don't have to donate too much to my bank :!:

I pay the same as the Americans (more actually) I except to have the same product than they. That sounds logic no ?
It's more that than a real need of a sub account.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:59 pm 
Cyan Employee

People who are paying for GameTap and never made a beta account separate from GameTap didn't get an email.

International users should be able to convert the accounts soon.

Last edited by greydragon on Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:18 pm 
Obduction Backer

It is logical, but that doesn't mean it's practical. Gametap has a large existing system for managing customer accounts. That means they can offer better and more flexible deals than Cyan can, right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:50 pm 

chucker, you certainly know that closed beta testers can't talk about that in public.. so what? (But I think it's safe to say there are a many among us)
And one is for sure: Last year, GD/Cyan wants all of us (and that counts in thousands) to join the closed beta to show support and help make Uru Live revive and grow again. And yes, many of them followed the call..

I personally know of a lot of fellow explorers that do exactly that - showing support, keeping the hope and true spirit alive - from 2004, since Uru has been put to bed, until now! I don't stand it anymore to see them go and leave forever, because of that.

Probably you'r right about that, Islander. But may I ask again: Why is this currently not legally possible for Gametap? If I have something to offer for free, there is no one that I need to ask for permission...

Anyway, it's time to pin point my question to Cyan/Gametap: Is there a deadline for the transition to rescue our beta accounts to a paid subscription with Gametap?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:05 pm 

Don't want to be a pain but just how soon is soon for international players. Its a quarter to ten in the evening in the UK. We are nearly two days from launch cutting it a bit fine i would suggest. If there are problems can i assume our current beta accounts will remain active until its sorted. I would really hate to have got this far and have to miss launch because of a snafu.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:20 pm 

Can I suggest you PM GreyDragon directly with this

Zen KI# 55764

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:03 pm 
Obduction Backer

Yes, the sub-account thing is something GameTap offers... not Cyan. It just so happens that GameTap sub-accounts have separate Uru Live "accounts" as well.

As soon as GameTap arrives in your country, you will be able to create sub-accounts too.

Last edited by Reverend Vader on Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:42 pm 

The Noble Robot wrote:
Anyway, my point is that while, yes, this is a benefit for the US subscribers have that the international folks won't get, and that's maybe a little uncool, in this case it's a total luxury, good for Us/Canada subscribers, but not bad for others.

I think the main problem is that we have to pay at least 30% more for far less. Gametap is treating players outside the US and Canada as second-class and I really blame them for that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:58 pm 
Obduction Backer

It hardly seems fair to sling mud this early, when you could probably PM one of the community managers to inquire about obtaining a second account if you are outside of the US and Canada.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:58 pm 

As posted by myself earlier in this thread, i was under the impression that the International players are being billed independantly of GameTap by Cyan hence the reason for us NOT to be able to utilise the sub-accounts. I believe this was specified in a post from GD titled "International Billing" where we were asked to email GD directly with our international details however as I think this billing arrangement was posted in a forum section no longer available I cannot provide a direct link.

It doesnt make much sense to me for us to be still billed by GameTap when GameTap isnt available in our specific countries which IMHO also points to the direct billing from Cyan and NOT GameTap although i guess this will (hopefully) be confirmed in the next day or two so we can continue to play.

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:34 am 
Obduction Backer

Quin wrote:
Anyway, it's time to pin point my question to Cyan/Gametap: Is there a deadline for the transition to rescue our beta accounts to a paid subscription with Gametap?

Clearly I am not Cyan or Gametap, so I could be completely and utterly wrong, but my gut reaction is that your progress will be lost fairly soon after the 15th - within a week, perhaps?

Gut reaction. I haven't read that anywhere...

"Never put Dolby on snake detectors"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:39 am 
Obduction Backer

Whitts, there's no access at all to URU Live without GameTap in the background in some form or another.

http://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=72443#72443

Randomos is GameTap, hence the orange. Section 3) applies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:57 am 

Thanks for that Rusty_Russell, i have actually read that post many times before and am aware of Randomos' affilliations being with GameTap. I guess i have just interpreted that post differently as to me it doesnt specifically state anything about who will be providing the international billing service as Randomos seems to be speaking on both Cyan and GameTap's behalf. Don't get me wrong, i'm not doubting your interpretation in any way shape or form just voicing my different interpretation of the message.

At this point, i'm happy to wait and see :wink:
Thanks for taking the time to respond!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:12 am 
Obduction Backer

greydragon wrote:
People who are paying for GameTap and never made a beta account separate from GameTap didn't get an email.

International users should be able to convert the accounts soon.

Erm... Unfortunately, other people have posted with other issues in this thread, obscuring my original plea. (yes, I understand there is confusion)

As I explained this when I began this thread:

*I came in on beta, and made a free beta account with GameTap using a code I received by email.
*I have never had a paid account with GameTap.
*I am located in the US.
*I have not received an email from GameTap instructing me how to proceed with transition from free beta account to a paid GameTap account.

I'd be grateful for any help with this... it would appear that I'm running out of time, and cannot expect to receive a letter later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:17 am 
Obduction Backer

http://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6164

Just the reassurance I needed :) Guess I can live a few hours without my avi before I'm able to transition.

Trent wrote:
Shorah Explorers,

I realize there have been some questions regarding the beta account transition process so I wanted to clarify the following items:
1) If you have an active GameTap "paying" account, you do not need to take any actions
2) If you are playing on a free beta code account and have transitioned your account, please note that your account status online will continue to appear as "beta" until the beta codes expire on the 14th. You will see your new "paying" account status thereafter.
3) If you are in the U.S. or Canada and did not receive the email, you can transition your account by signing in and selecting a payment plan via the following URL: https://account.gametap.com/storefront/ ... 2007000079
4) International transition instructions have not been sent out yet. Because of differences in the billing systems, international accounts can not transition until after the beta codes expire. Once the codes expire on the 14th, international account transition instructions will be sent out. Rest assured, you will be able to transition your account after the 15th if need be, but you will not be able to access your current avatars until your account has been transitioned.

Thank you,
Trent

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next