It is currently Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:04 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:23 am 

Yes once again let down by either GameTap or Cyan the date promised that internationals would receive their e-mail has past still people are waiting and the Launch date comes closer .

where are the E-Mails

Last edited by kelm on Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:44 am 
Obduction Backer

http://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewto ... 615#110615

Gametap wrote:
Shorah Explorers,

I realize there have been some questions regarding the beta account transition process so I wanted to clarify the following items:
1) If you have an active GameTap "paying" account, you do not need to take any actions
2) If you are playing on a free beta code account and have transitioned your account, please note that your account status online will continue to appear as "beta" until the beta codes expire on the 14th. You will see your new "paying" account status thereafter.
3) If you are in the U.S. or Canada and did not receive the email, you can transition your account by signing in and selecting a payment plan via the following URL: https://account.gametap.com/storefront/ ... 2007000079
4) International transition instructions have not been sent out yet. Because of differences in the billing systems, international accounts can not transition until after the beta codes expire. Once the codes expire on the 14th, international account transition instructions will be sent out. Rest assured, you will be able to transition your account after the 15th if need be, but you will not be able to access your current avatars until your account has been transitioned.

Thank you,
Trent

Bold added for emphasis.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:28 am 
Obduction Backer

Free Bird wrote:
I think the main problem is that we have to pay at least 30% more for far less. Gametap is treating players outside the US and Canada as second-class and I really blame them for that.

Exactly !

I think the reason they setted that price is that they mean to open the whole of gametap to us and want to avoid having to change to price.

What i still don't get is why we should pay more, but then.

I understand the whole "opening formalities" mean spending money, but once that is done, we won't cost them more than the US / Canadian user right ? Or maybe I miss something, don't know the whole of it, I admit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:01 am 
Obduction Backer

Whitts, this should remove any doubt.

http://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=110615#110615

Section 4) applies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:09 pm 
Obduction Backer

Yay! thank you very much for the info and link! ^_^

/dance ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:40 pm 

Marten wrote:
It hardly seems fair to sling mud this early, when you could probably PM one of the community managers to inquire about obtaining a second account if you are outside of the US and Canada.

And if you allready got an answer on that?
At this very moment it is still unknown if the internationals can benefit from the different pricings for subscriptions. The only price which is known at the moment is $12.95 and no subaccounts. It is still a very strange pricing compared to the US and Canada, when you take in account MO:UL is added free to the Gametap service and the internationals don't have access to that service and will only pay for MO:UL..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:08 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

Similar discussion taking place Here.

Topic Closed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:19 pm 

greydragon wrote:
People who are paying for GameTap and never made a beta account separate from GameTap didn't get an email.

International users should be able to convert the accounts soon.

GD, have you got any more info regarding what methods of payment will be available to us unfortunates who

1. Don't live in the US of A (or Canada) :P
2. Don't have Credit cards :cry:

For example, is Paypal going to be available - would suit me fine.

Just that there's been topics on this before, but which amounted to little more than speculation. I need to know ASAP so's I can make arrangements if necessary - nowhere does it state how long GT (or Cyan) will keep our avis after launch and before account transition.

I'm sure that there many who are concerned as I am.

Just a point: if GT insists on credit cards only :shock: , they (and/or Cyan) stand to lose a lot of customers :wink: IMHO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:40 pm 
Obduction Backer

That's a question for GameTap (Trent or Randomos), rather than GreyDragon.

Do you have a debit card?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:43 pm 
Obduction Backer

sarabonny wrote:
Just a point: if GT insists on credit cards only :shock: , they (and/or Cyan) stand to lose a lot of customers :wink: IMHO

I believe GD has stated before that internationals will be credit card only at this time. Sorry!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:00 pm 
Obduction Backer

Firstly, let me say .. wow .. amazing! I paid a year's subscription. Got it all done this morning (the longest part is the download of Uru - about 45 minutes (longer than the download and installation of GameTap) however, GT does its best to entertain you while you wait.. a nice feature. All the while I wondered if I'd really have my avvie and content... YES!! I do! 8) Went on in and met with friends as usual .. how very nice.

.. and.... a bunch of the other MYST games there too!! kewl ... now I don't have to worry so much about keeping my old windows going so that i can replay Riven, heh heh...

---
I paid with a visa card... (debit cards usually work as credit cards too) I did not see a paypal option (and it's my preferred method) - however.. if you have a paypal account, I think you can get a paypal credit card through them (a visa, I believe, which would be just fine for GT) so you might want to look into that, if the credit card thing is a problem.

Thank you Cyan for the great games.. thanks GT for putting them out there. ^_^

Also, thanks muchies to Dahn for bringing Trent's info and link to my attention. :D

Last edited by butterpaw on Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:10 pm 
Obduction Backer

butterpaw wrote:
I did not see a paypal option (and it's my preferred method) - however.. if you have a paypal account, I think you can get a paypal credit card through them (a visa, I believe, which would be just fine for GT) so you might want to look into that, if the credit card thing is a problem.

Just a side note.. Paypal offers a Mastercard, not Visa, and also while they offer it in the US/Canada/UK, I am not certain that they offer it in all countries. Just a warning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:12 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thanks for that clarification.. btw, I do believe I saw Mastercard as an option in GT... I really do hope it's going to work out for my friends (all our friends!) across the puddle ... ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:39 pm 
Obduction Backer

Quote:
I paid with a visa card... (debit cards usually work as credit cards too)
That's really good to know. Though I have both, Visa Debit is my preferred solution. (I hope it's true for the UK too). :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:59 pm 

Rusty_Russell wrote:
That's a question for GameTap (Trent or Randomos), rather than GreyDragon.

Do you have a debit card?

I do - its a Maestro.

Not sure if I can use that :?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next