It is currently Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:55 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:54 am 

I'm not seeing this "11th hour" stuff, darkstar. From what I remember, this stuff was out there for a long time..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:57 am 
Obduction Backer

Thank you for this explanation GD, but still there is the question of how long a users In-Game progress will be saved.

Or as Quin asked: "Is there a deadline for the transition to rescue our beta accounts to a paid subscription with Gametap?"

MO:ULagain KI# 657726

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:40 pm 

I am from the Uk and haven't had the e-mail detailing how to switch over to the paid game, has anyone from the uk had this e-mail yet?

I'm just worried that I haven't had it and the launch date is iminent(sp?) and I would like to keep my Avatar and game as it is (obviously).

am I worrying over nothing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:54 pm 
Obduction Backer

Nothing will be lost but we might have a day's gap in Live.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:02 pm 

Cheers Rusty, I was worried.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

Our progress is held on the vault (database) anyway. At the end of beta our explorers will become visitors until our subscription is up and running. Then it's as you were.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:10 pm 
Obduction Backer

I haven't gotten a mail yet either. But I'm so keen on giving my money away that I keep on checking the GameTap account page every day anyway. No luck yet :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:27 pm 
Obduction Backer

No-one's going to get an email until after tomorrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:54 pm 
Obduction Backer

From my understanding of it, your avatar data will be maintained indefinently until they decide to do another vault wipe which will probably not occur anytime soon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:50 pm 
Obduction Backer

Free Bird wrote:
The Noble Robot wrote:
Anyway, my point is that while, yes, this is a benefit for the US subscribers have that the international folks won't get, and that's maybe a little uncool, in this case it's a total luxury, good for Us/Canada subscribers, but not bad for others.

I think the main problem is that we have to pay at least 30% more for far less. Gametap is treating players outside the US and Canada as second-class and I really blame them for that.

Well, at least you're a citizen in this analogy, right?

And I can't access GameTap, either, I have to use the stand-alone client because my system runs a 64-bit OS, which is not supported by GameTap. I have to steal my wife's laptop if I want to play any GameTap games (or access any GameTap features), which is day-to-day impractical for me. Although I can still use the sub-accounts, and I do wish everyone else could too...

...but my point stands, sub-accounts are luxuries, and let's not forget that international support of any kind is something to be thankful for, and the extra cost (12.95 vs. 9.95) is to cover local taxes and because frankly, it's far more difficult to provide MOUL to international territories (bandwidth, foreign language support, international monetary laws, etc.)...

...so I still think the price is right, no matter where you are.

But you know that if you feel like you're getting hosed you can always refuse to pay and not play the game, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:55 pm 
Obduction Backer

I've always been playing the Myst games with my sister... I really hope I'll be able to make a sub-account for her to Explore together again.

It's a bit stupid (in my eyes) to buy 2 accounts (we're living in the same house)... and she doesn't have the money anyways.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:12 pm 

Oh please, this is still being argued over?

Free Bird wrote:
The Noble Robot wrote:
Anyway, my point is that while, yes, this is a benefit for the US subscribers have that the international folks won't get, and that's maybe a little uncool, in this case it's a total luxury, good for Us/Canada subscribers, but not bad for others.

I think the main problem is that we have to pay at least 30% more for far less.

30%… 19% of which are tax, and therefore outside GameTap's control. Several more percents are EU customs, which are equally outside GameTap's control. This leaves us with mere cents by which the actual price differs, and arguing over those is nothing short of ridiculous.

(Or something.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:20 pm 

I haven't gotten an email yet either? :o I'm from The Netherlands.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:31 pm 
Obduction Backer

I must agree with darkstar on this Whilyam, all my URU friends here in Europe with whom I have spoken have had, sadly, next to no information about transition and GT subscriptions yet.

TMP is the place to be, come visit The Meeting Place Hood.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:44 pm 
Obduction Backer

http://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewto ... 161#111161

Quote:
The beta codes will be active until the 15th and that international beta transition instructions will be provided at that time. The slight delay is due to the fact that GameTap is extending the 99 cent (USD) introductory month offer to international players as well as domestic player.

Thank you for your patience,

The Myst Online Team

I don't know how they can make it any clearer. You will get instructions tomorrow.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next