It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:43 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:36 am 

*looking at the thread*

So glad Canadians bypass GameTap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:57 am 
petitioning government politicians. Now thats a laugh. Our government don't give a rats behind about us. The U.S. government is corrupt. They only care about themselves which is why they keep giving themselves pay raises while those of us working for minimum wage keep getting stiffed year after year after year. If they did they would quit screwing around and finally get off their rear ends and they might actually pass a minimum wage increase.

When it comes to government if you don't have money your noone. Therefor the cable companies and phone companies who are lining our representatives pockets are the ones making the law on broadband. Shoot I read here recently that the cable and phone companies want broadband to become a two tier system. Low End Broadband, or the dirt road, for us. And the high end broadband for the those who can afford their rates which from what I was reading would be only the rich or large companies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:21 pm 
Obduction Backer

That controversy is not about the user's money but about the website's money. That means if someone wants the public to easily access their web site they have to pay the cable company extra money for the public to download them quickly, similar to paying more for ads in higher circulation publications.

The end result is that people won't look at personal blogs and personal opinion web sites because they will be so slow to download you will lose patience and move on to that high paying site owned by the president's cousin. Thus political expresssion is fictively retained while in reallity suppresssed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

Starfyre wrote:
If they did they would quit screwing around and finally get off their rear ends and they might actually pass a minimum wage increase. *snip*

You make it sound so easy...and beneficial. :lol:

At any rate, I'm sure gametap will continue to improve. I was just forced to update the client the other day, and it seems to run better than it did before (although that is mostly subjective). Many of these things will be worked out over time -- including the "broadband" issues many of you have raised. Gametap knows that their success depends upon your satisfaction (the customers', that is)...period.

So take heart, the forces of capitalism and the free market are in full swing and will result in an increasingly better product (or something else will come along and replace it). :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:07 pm 
Obduction Backer

Lego, you're next! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:18 pm 

Next, you'll want broadband to be free, you guys. Man, what whiners. Broadband isn't a "right," it is a commercial product, like telephones, microwaves, and a car. You aren't "owed" a good connection. If you want one, move to an area that has one. Likewise, if you don't like tornadoes, move out of Tornado Alley and stop blaming the government.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:47 am 
Creative Kingdoms

Starfyre wrote:
The U.S. government is corrupt. They only care about themselves...

This was Starfyre's most recent post here on UruLive.com before the ... maintenance. I don't know about you guys, but I'm wondering what's coming up next to break up the boredom. :shock:

Last edited by JWPlatt on Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:38 am 
Obduction Backer

Tim wrote:
Broadband isn't a "right," it is a commercial product, like telephones, microwaves, and a car. You aren't "owed" a good connection.

:idea: QFT...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:10 am 

I am not a fan of Myst.. nor have I played any of them. I stumbled upon this by over hearing a conversation in EQ2. So I will not comment on Myst or Uru Live as it would be pointless.

What I will however comment on is GameTap and how it has been great for me! I have had no issues installing, all of the games are quite speedy and run very well for me (I currently have almost 19gigs of game tap games on my machine, a lot from all walks of gaming, mostly windows games and they all run flawless for me. The only time i have had any issues is if i am currently downloading a game and try to play at the sametime.. then my games get a bit choppy and un respondsive. If i am not downloading any other games so far all of my games have run flawless. (current total of games on machine : 34)

I am on cable connection, and I am on a routered home network.
currently running a
P4 2.5ghz
ati x800 plat 256mb
1024mb ddr ram.
audigy 2 sound.
all drivers and direct x up-to date (except my audigy drivers are still manufacturer defaults as i have issues installing any drives for it but works flawless just ussing the drivers from the disk it came with)

Just my 2cents. I hope this Uru Live works out for all you fans.. and honestly look into to your pc specs and settings as well as your isp. It is a great service for 9.99 and i am very happy with it.

(PS: with 1 gametap membership you can have up to 7 sub accounts within it, i have given 5 friends of mine who live around the world a login and they too run it just fine being in europe canada and even 1 in south america)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

aVoided wrote:
(......i have given 5 friends of mine who live around the world a login and they too run it just fine being in europe canada and even 1 in south america)

Now that's interesting that it works out of the US. I figured they would have a way to recognize the location of the service provider. However, it appears that gametap accounts are solely based on the subscriber's physical address.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:58 pm 
Obduction Backer

I assume that the master account pays? If not, how do the international subscriptions work?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:22 pm 
Obduction Backer

That is my understanding. Technically, the sub-accounts are intended for house-hold members, but they can be accessed when away from home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:26 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Texana wrote:
Technically, the sub-accounts are intended for house-hold members

Of course they are. It's called Beating The System.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:09 pm 
Obduction Backer

JWPlatt wrote:
Texana wrote:
Technically, the sub-accounts are intended for house-hold members

Of course they are. It's called Beating The System.

True ;) , but the interesting part is that it works overseas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:54 pm 

Next question is, does it work for dialup? just really slow.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next