It is currently Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:23 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: trial code?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:42 pm 

So I go to sign up for the free visitors dealy (not the 99cents thing, the one that says I can play limited content for FREE. No prob, gametap asks me to register, which I do, then tells me I need a billing plan. Wait a sec, what part of the gametap agreement with no credit card required needs a billing plan? Then I look and see theres a space for a trial code, which is what I assume I need to play the demo. How do I get a code?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:25 am 
Obduction Backer

Doesn't GameTap itself have a free seven day trial that you can just sign up for?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:30 am 
Obduction Backer

I've seen a couple of messages on this - thanks for letting us know. We are looking into this.

Thanks again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:26 am 

No problem. Thank you for taking the time to read and reply to this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:39 am 

Hi Banert,

No billing information or promo code is needed to take advantage of the free experience.

1) Are you located in the US/Canada or an international country (if so, which one)?
2) Can you please respond or private message me with exactly what steps you took to get to the registration path?

I just tried the free path and it worked fine. I wonder if one of our links is crossed and sending you to the 99 cent path by accident.

Thanks,
Trent

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:17 am 

I've gotten a trial account, but I can't use it to play Uru. It is not one of the sample games, and when I select it from the vault, it will not let me download it without paying. I'd like to be a visitor until the summer at least, but I haven't been able to do that. I'm in the US, and I registered from the "Try now for Free" link at the Uru site. Is anybody here able to access Uru as a free visitor?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:44 am 
Obduction Backer

I also created a trial account, and found myself in the same situation as isomorphic. (I don't *need* a trial account -- I wanted to test the visitor setup for better FAQ information.)

I was able to log into the Gametap client using the trial name and password. But I couldn't select Uru.

(When I switched back to my paid account, it worked fine.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:39 am 

Same deal here. I signed up for the free account specifically with the free Uru visitor thing, not the 99 cent deal. I'm Canadian, so I certainly qualify.

Here is the link I used:

http://www.gametap.com/home/myst/signup ... estic.html

Everything looks good and I can play other games fine, but Uru is not in the free list, and if I select it from the game rings it tells me that I have to join to access this exclusive member content.

... and so ends day 1 of my 7 day trial. ;)

Sure... I could find out how Uru performs on my system for a mere 99 cents, but I was lured in with the promise that I could check this out without disclosing my credit card to yet another site. I'm sure you can appreciate that.

Long time Myst player... including the boxed Uru set.

So, is actually playing the game the first puzzle of Myst Online that I have to solve? ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:52 am 

I signed up for free trail for URU and it wont let me play. I called tech support and they said I have to pay for Gametap in order to play. Well this is BS because it clearly states.
"Your gametap limited trail includes a free Myst online visitor account. spend as much time as your wish exploring and meeting new friends. Please note that visitors are limited to a small area of the complete game"

I'm very upset the tech support guy told me I was wrong and was misreading the advertisement I don't appreciate tech support questioning my reading ability.

Last edited by customx on Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:53 pm 

customx wrote:
I'm very upset the tech support guy told me I was wrong and was misreading the advertisement I don't appreciate tech support questioning my reading ability.

Why the heck did you call tech support? You should have called customer support.

A quick howto for you:

* Go to http://www.mystonline.com/
* Click on "Play it now for free" This will redirect you to
http://www.gametap.com/home/myst/signup ... estic.html
* Click on "Try now for free!"
* Create an account
* Click on the download link to download the installer
* Use the account informations to login in
* Play as a visitor :)

[KI again #01792364]| Uru images | KI guide

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:46 pm 

Hi all,

I'm sorry if some of you are having problems utilizing the free playing experience. It is definitely available to you without a credit card. For those playing through GameTap, the free version of Myst Online should be automatically pre-populated in your "Free to Play" ring along with the other preselected games. The version of Myst Online you are trying to select is the full "paid" experience and can not be selected as one of your user selections.

I hope that clears up the issue and you enjoy your free experience.

Thanks,
Trent

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

It does not clear it up entirely. I logged in with my trial account userid and password, and looked through the "Free to play" ring. Uru was not present.

I will try it again this weekend and file a more specific bug. Should I use the support.urulive.com bug tracker, or a gametap address?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

I may have misread an earlier post, but don't you have URU Live selected automatically and have to select 4 other games from the ring (which would explain why you can't see it there)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:32 pm 

FYI, Uru has now appeared in the ring of "Free to Play" games. The download is now proceeding apace (actually, several times slower than what my ISP can provide, but that will do for now.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

This was an issue with GameTap, not Cyan, and these are Cyan's boards, ergo, the issue would probably have been better brought up with GameTap's customer support line.

However, it's good to hear that the issue has cleared up.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next