It is currently Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:28 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:15 pm 

I posted a topic at the Gametap forum and one of the sugestions was to try to change the link text in the adress bar but when GameTap changed there web interface thats not nessesary any more so here is a little step by step how to change billing info.

1 Head over to gametap
http://www.gametap.com/home/index.html

2 Log in with your TapID in the top left corner

3 After logging in you have quick links for your account in the top left corner.
"Select Profile"

4 at the profile page you have some buttons under your quicklinks
Select "Account Settings"

5 select "Modify billing info"

6 Now you see your current billing info and to change you have to press the "Edit PaymentInformation" text at the lower right corner

7 Edit your info/creditcard info and save

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:56 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thanks for posting this work around.
But still this way might give some confusion for the non US and Canada people.
It might work all but seen that we cannot enter our country in the billinginfo is this on this moment a way I would not recommand to the internationals.
Changing creditcardinfo in this way might work, but I do not find it a safe way if I cannot fill in all the right info. And this billingsite does not give me the possibility to fill in my country. Only US and Canada. And that is not the place I live and also not the place my creditcard comes from.
I hope this will be changed very soon. I think this must be not such a big problem for GameTap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:02 am 

Does anyone have any more info on this?

My credit card expires at the end of this month and I've not been able to change my details using any of the methods in this thread (I'm UK resident).

If I try pasting the urls suggest after logging into the gametap website i just get a 'connection to server was reset' message.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:43 am 
Obduction Backer

The old workaround for this was to login at https://account.gametap.com/storefront/ ... n/login.do (so not the Gametap homepage!) and then to replace the URL with https://account.gametap.com/storefront/ ... ingInfo.do

However, currently the first URL doesn't work (for me at least). It might be just a server issue, or the old workaround doesn't work any longer. If the latter is the case, I hope that Cyan and Gametap find a solution as soon as possible...

It's a shame we have to figure out things like these ourselves... :roll:

EDIT: It probably was a server issue, so the workaround still works. Just use the first URL to login and then copy the second URL into the adress bar. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:04 pm 

It's clearly stated at this website that myst online is supposed to be availabl for people in various countries outside the USA and Canada.

My country Denmark is included, but I CAN'T sign up from the gametab site!??

there must be a way, since I've seen a great bunch of danish players.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:27 pm 

This is a good link if you are international player and want to play Myst Online
http://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11045

The link from the Try it/buy it is broken so go directly to create a Myst Online Explorer Account with this link
https://account.gametap.com/storefront/ ... o?path=buy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

I don't know if anyone else are having problems upgrading to an explorers account than me but Im getting somewhat desperate. I've tried everything stated in this thread, contacted support with little success and followed the instructions available on the sticky regarding international subscription.

I know all my account and credit card info is correct, I have trippled checked that and I know my Mastercard is valid, active and working. I use it to pay for other online games such as ATITD and WoW.

My problem is that I get back to the enter credit card information page after I have checked the accept terms checkbox and clicked "I accept" in the Order review page. Happens over and over again. All it sais is:
Please confirm the billing information provided is correct.... not very helping. I can submit it without complaints but as soon as I hit "I accept" I get back to the previous page again..sigh.

Anyone else had this or similar problem? I tried to upgrade my international account during July 23rd 2007. I live in Sweden btw.

Appreciate any help I can get,

Cheers/ Gral

Last edited by Gral on Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:24 pm 

I've seen two others with this problem in the last few days. The first person got in after trying over and over again (Here), and the other one is still stuck and now thinks it's now a problem with his card. (More about that here)

This is beginning to sound like a serious problem on gametaps end. :?

*vinkar till Gral* Hej hej! :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:42 am 
Obduction Backer

Gral wrote:
I don't know if anyone else are having problems upgrading to an explorers account than me but Im getting somewhat desperate. I've tried everything stated in this thread, contacted support with little success and followed the instructions available on the sticky regarding international subscription.

I know all my account and credit card info is correct, I have trippled checked that and I know my Mastercard is valid, active and working. I use it to pay for other online games such as ATITD and WoW.

My problem is that I get back to the enter credit card information page after I have checked the accept terms checkbox and clicked "I accept" in the Order review page. Happens over and over again. All it sais is: Confirm your credit card information... not very helping. I can submit it without complaints but as soon as I hit "I accept" I get back to the previous page again..sigh.

Anyone else had this or similar problem? I tried to upgrade my international account during July 23rd 2007. I live in Sweden btw.

Appreciate any help I can get,

Cheers/ Gral

Yeah... the signup process is a bit weird...
After you've accepteced, you will always get the confirm page another time. But that doesn't matter. If you get the confirm page again, then you can close the page and your account has been registered.
So if you don't get any complaints when you accept, then it's okay.

Post subject: Creating Explorer
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:31 pm 

Hi!
I hope someone can help me.
I downloaded Uru to try it as a visitor. That went ok. But when I want to uppgrade to explorer, things got worse. It seems that it accepts my creditcard and all other informasjon. But it will not accept my Accept:-) Under the field Gametap agreement I click on the box I accept Then I click on the orange box stating I accept. I get this message: We unable to update your registration information. Please try again.
I turns out the I accept box is unchecked. I have done it over and over again. The same happends all the time. Chatted with support, but they couldn't help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:46 pm 
Obduction Backer

Did you use this form: https://account.gametap.com/storefront/ ... o?path=buy
From what I know is this the only way to subsribe as international.
Subscribing through the GameTap site will cause problems.

Last edited by veralun on Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:47 pm 

Yes I used that link.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:01 pm 
Obduction Backer

It seems there is something wrong in your account.
My advice is to make a complete new account and try it again.
The process will stop when the creditcardinformation is not right or if you are not in one of the 12 international countries.
Seen you are from Norway it must work.
I just checked the accountregistration and it works for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:03 pm 

The only problem is that to make a new account i also have to make a new e-mail. Because i have made an account with my current email as a visitor. And the current account will not be deleted befor there has been 6 months without use. (Accoring to support) And I have to change my name to:-( But I will give it a try.

Tried, same problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:17 pm 
Obduction Backer

I am not sure what support you used before, but for accountmatters you can use GameTap Customer Support
Here you can through Live chat talk about your problem.
Hope this helps.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next