It is currently Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:27 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:54 am 
Obduction Backer

LordEdmond

Maybe that technique worked at some point but it doesn't anymore. I've tried that multiple times in Firefox and IE and both give the same "We unable to update... blah blah blah" response.

If anyone else has gotten that to work recently I'd love to know how you did it. :) I guess we're just left waiting until this is sorted out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:41 am 

numinous wrote:
LordEdmond

Maybe that technique worked at some point but it doesn't anymore. I've tried that multiple times in Firefox and IE and both give the same "We unable to update... blah blah blah" response.

If anyone else has gotten that to work recently I'd love to know how you did it. :) I guess we're just left waiting until this is sorted out.

just tried it works perfectly , evan copied and pasted from my own post to be sure

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:22 am 
Obduction Backer

No, Lordedmond, it doesn't work for new players who want to sign-up. Take a look at the ticket replies, even GT acknowledges that there's a problem. ;)

I hope this will be fixed soon ... this shouldn't take that long.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:42 am 

I tried Lordedmons's suggestions just in case, but it did not help. But I am hopefull that the problem soon will be solved. I got this message yesterday from GameTap:

This is a problem we are aware of and looking into. Our web developers said it should be back up and running any time now. We thank you for your patience and understanding. I will let you know on this ticket as soon as I find out more.

Shaun
Gametap Tech Support

I just hope "anytime now" means to day :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:32 am 
Obduction Backer

the billing info page now get a "page not found". :shock:
maybe they are working on this at last !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:44 pm 
Obduction Backer

hmmm... or not. I just tried it again and got the same old result "We unable to update your registration information. Please try again."

I'm sure it will be working soon though **puts on RAWA's "cautious optimism" hat** :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:30 am 

Yeah I signed up as a UK memeber on the 13th and everything worked fine for me...Im international aswell though I think maybe only certain countrys may not be working or I just got lucky. This is weird but I wish you guys the best of luck...

Mankk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

It seems that Gametap resolved the problems with the account registration.
I heard from several people that the account registration is working.
I checked it myself and the message: "We unable to update your registration information. Please try again." did not pop up for me.
So I hope everything is ok now.

There was also an update on the GameTap Forum about the GameTap Gold membership for Internationals:

Quote:
UPDATE (August 14, 2007): GameTap Gold membership for countries outside of the US and Canada is not expected to be launched until 2008.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:35 pm 

Yes! It seems like its working. At least they accepted my mony now:-) Finaly. Next step is starting the game. Can't wait!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:19 pm 
Obduction Backer

Can't re-validate my infos. though the message now tells me to check my billing infos.

I think it don't like that "I'm living in Denmark and paying with a french visa card" anymore. And never mind it, gametap gets my money so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:56 pm 
Obduction Backer

YES!!! It is finally working. See you all in the cavern! :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:55 pm 

Hi all,

Some of the international players out there may have noticed that for some weeks now, its been impossible to upgrade to explorer status due to problems on the GameTap website. These problems have now been fixed! :D :D :D

To update your registration to explorer from visitor, login at the gametap page:

https://account.gametap.com/storefront/ ... n/login.do

And enter your card details on the page that follows. Confirm the details (remember to tick the 'accept the terms and conditions' check box, its at the bottom inside the scrollable text window which lists the T&Cs), click on the button and you're in!

As some of you will know, I've been trying to get to explorer status since late July, so 'whoopee' more or less says it all.

See you in the cavern.

CyclinGuy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:34 pm 
Obduction Backer

Merged topics.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5