It is currently Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:42 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:28 pm 

Hi,

Just a quick question from a newbie who's looking to play.
As I came across this game the other day & tryed to download it with no luck :cry:
It did take over 2hours to download only to find out it didn't work.

I was wondering if Myst Online URU Live is a world wide game?
Just I'm in Australia & thought maybe thats why it wont download for me.

I don't have any stand alone versons of Myst on my pc.
At http://www.gametap.com it seems that I can only Play in Deluxe Player as the Lite Player is grayed out.

Any tips/advice is most welcomed
Thanks in advance
Kat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:41 pm 

Australia is a supported country for MOUL. Stand-alone versions of other Myst games, including Uru, should not interfere with MOUL.

As I understand it, you do need the Deluxe Player to use MOUL, although once you have it installed you can play it without going through the GameTap player. (I'm a Mac user so I can't get the Deluxe player; there's a stand-alone version of MOUL for the Mac.)

What exactly happens when you try to play?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:59 pm 

Hi Tesseract,

I've just re-downloaded the Deluxe Player. As I had un-installed it since the game didn't download through GameTap for me when I tryed to get it.
Deluxe Player downloads fine.

I had a feeling that after I sent my post in that I would get asked what happens when I try to play. But thats the thing I haven't been able to get to play yet as Gametap seems to have a problem downloading it in the 1st place. I'm using a desktop PC with Windows XP Pro.

You said in your post that once Deluxe Player is installed you can play MOUL without going through GameTap player.

Ok how? Would I still need to download the game through GameTap since I don't have the game on my PC yet?

Cheers
Kat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:32 pm 

Kat_Purrr wrote:
You said in your post that once Deluxe Player is installed you can play MOUL without going through GameTap player.

Ok how? Would I still need to download the game through GameTap since I don't have the game on my PC yet?

Sorry, I meant once MOUL is installed.

So you have the Deluxe Player installed, yes? What happens when you click on the "Deluxe Player" button under "Play Now" on this page?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:51 pm 

It opens up GameTap & starts to download the game again. Well thats what it does now.
I had started to download the game & went to bed, but since I couldn't sleep got up to check if it finshed d/l looks like it had finshed but now no idea where it is. :?
So I'm guessing the game is downloaded now I just need to find it to start playing. If I can't find it I'm not d/l it again since its like 2gb & takes 2hrs to download even on bordband :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

Do a file search for urulauncher.exe. Once you find out where it is, just make a shortcut to it and put in on your desktop. Then just double click the shortcut and go directly to urulive outside of gametap.

Edit: Just to make sure before you do your search. In your folders options, make sure you can read hidden folders. There should be a hide hidden folders, make sure you uncheck it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:58 pm 

:cry: no luck :x I've done several searches & found nothing :cry:
Guess GameTap once again didn't download it for me.

Shame its not a game where you can buy it on CD/DVD & install it then play online like WOW or is it?

Thanks for your help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:12 am 
Obduction Backer

Kat_Purrr seen you are living in one of the supported countries I advice you to read THIS TOPIC
It gives you the information you need and it brings you to the right download.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:22 am 
Obduction Backer

Kat - I'm from Aus too and I've just had a terrible time trying to get Uru Live installed and to work - so here's some advice. DO NOT use the GameTap Deluxe Player to Download UruLive. This is entirely unnecessary, and it didn't work for me and probably won't work for you either. You NEED to download the Myst Online Setup exe from http://static.g.gametap.com/static/uru- ... _setup.exe and install it with that. If you have a free GameTap account you will then be able to access the free sections of UruLive.

Now, as for getting a paid account.... that's the difficult bit. The signup page onthe UruLive website doesn't seem to want to let any international people through. I contacted GameTap support and they just told me to contact Cyan. Currently I'm waiting for a response on my ticket to them. If I get any help with this I'll let you know.

If you have any more problems let me know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:42 am 

Hi numinous,

Thanks for that, I'm now downloading it from the link you posted.
Its going to take another 45mins or so to get it as its only at 16% as I'm typing this.
Hopefully this will work.
Oh, with the GameTap Deluxe Player thingy I d/l should I keep that or remove it from my PC? Just if its not needed to play the game then pointless in keeping it.

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:42 am 
Obduction Backer

Please see This Post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:46 am 

Hi Veralun,

Yes I had read that post just mins before I did my reply post.
At this stage I was just looking at getting the free account to give it a test run to see if I liked the game. As I'm not a big Gammer so figgered best to try it before paying for it.

Cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:17 am 

:) Hi again numinous,

Just wanted to say a BIG BIG thanks for your help as the link you posted
Quote:
You NEED to download the Myst Online Setup exe from http://static.g.gametap.com/static/uru- ... _setup.exe and install it with that.

Seems to of got this off the ground & once the URU Launcher finshes its installing updates I should be all set to get going.

Also a BIG Big thanks for everyone else who replyed with help.
If by chance I get stuck again (hopefully I wont) I'll be sure to yell out for help if needed.

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:20 am 
Obduction Backer

Glad you've got Uru installed. As for the GameTap Deluxe Player, unless you're wanting to try out any of the other free games I don't see any point in keeping it taking up room on your hard drive.

I hope you enjoy the free Uru and want to upgrade to the full version. Hopefully you'll be able to by then... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:43 am 

Hi numinous

Just wondering how I go about getting the full paid version?

Cheers

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next