It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:17 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:29 am 
Obduction Backer

Over the last few weeks I’ve been putting the final touched on a project I’ve been working on for some time; the D’ni D'ni Art Archive.

The Archive seeks to research, investigate, catalogue and preserve the various works of art created by the D’ni people, be it paintings, illustrations, sculpture, music or any other kind of creative endeavour. The Archive will also aim to catalogue art by cultures that have come into contact with the D’ni, such as the Bahro and Narayani.

If the study of D’ni and related cultures’ art is something of interest to you, please take a moment to check out the Archive’s website and be sure to click the “follow” button to stay up-to-date with our findings.

Shorah.

Ki #00324282
The D'ni Art Archive
Exploration Journal

Last edited by Lehnah on Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:43 pm 
Obduction Backer

I tried to set up a Guild of Artists long ago which sadly didn't happen due to some issues. So props for bringing it back. However, the way this is set out it seems very much a one person guild thing. How do others in the community get involved? How do they submit their own studies?

If it's restarting an old D'ni guild like the other guilds (Writers, Maintainers, Messengers etc) then perhaps opening it up for explorers to submit their own artwork relating to the D'ni verse would be a good idea?

Not trying to put you off, so please don't take it as such. I think that if you're going to restart the Guild of Artists then there is a lot more you can do with it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:46 am 

Lehnah wrote:
Over the last few weeks I’ve been putting the final touched on a project I’ve been working on for some time; a revival of the D’ni Guild of (Fine) Artists.

The new Guild seeks to research, investigate, catalogue and preserve the various works of art created by the D’ni people, be it paintings, illustrations, sculpture, music or any other kind of creative endeavour. The Guild will also aim to catalogue art by cultures that have come into contact with the D’ni, such as the Bahro and Narayani.

If the study of D’ni and related cultures’ art is something of interest to you, please take a moment to check out the Guild’s website and be sure to click the “follow” button to stay up-to-date with our findings.

Shorah.

Suggestion: It might be a good idea to use a free photo editor to enhance your images.
One of the free choices I have used in the past was....
"PhotoScape 3.4" for windows XP & 7"
Turorials: http://help.photoscape.org/help.php?id=intro
or "PhotoScape X" for windows 10 or Mac
Tutorial: http://x.photoscape.org/help.php

Salut, A.W.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:08 pm 
Obduction Backer

Lehnah, this is great, very nice work so far... but, just as Tweek has, I wonder where you want to go with this?

If it's indeed to be a functioning Guild, then others need to be able to participate.
If, as your site's present content indicates, it's intended as a catalog of existing D'ni art, then you might want to consider renaming the project?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:44 am 

I think of a guild as an organization for tradesfolk to promote their own skills and talents. What you describe might be called a museum or archive, i think?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:37 pm 
Obduction Backer

The idea is just to showcase the IC art that appears in the Myst games. I've run fan-submission "galleries" before so I kind of know what's involved (it was a while ago so new tech probably lets it function differently now) and, honestly, I don't really have the free time for it. This and my exploration journal are very much "when I have a spare moment" projects.

Thanks for the possitive feedback. I did kind of wonder if anyone would even be interested in this other than me. :lol:

I understand what you mean by the name, I guess I just got excited about revitalising the Guild. I'll change the name to Archive of D'ni Art or something similar.

If anyone does want to create an actual Guild of Artists though, please let me know! :mrgreen:

Ki #00324282
The D'ni Art Archive
Exploration Journal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:52 am 
Obduction Backer

Edited original post to reflect new name/ url.

Ki #00324282
The D'ni Art Archive
Exploration Journal