It is currently Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:32 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:45 am 

wow looks amazing... :shock:

Is it planned to work on Uru? or justa model?

BTW, the entrance you modeled is actually to the Great King Temple, not the the Guilds Hall. The entrance to the Guilds Hall is above the temple.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:58 pm 

Seriously impressed. :) Are you planning to make it inside and out i.e. full spread of interior coridoors textured etc.?

Looking very true to the concept images too structure-wise

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

You, sir, gave me renewed hope for the future of unreleased Cyan ages, if they ever let us continue work on them. That looks AMAZING.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:14 pm 

dragossh wrote:
You, sir, gave me renewed hope for the future of unreleased Cyan ages, if they ever let us continue work on them. That looks AMAZING.

I'm curious to see how detailed this file would be. It's quite possible that this may be of a high enough caliber that the only difference between this and "official" would be texture use.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:56 am 
Obduction Backer

Wow.

Seriously.

As for it being a seperate Age, I kinda assume it would need to be anyway. Too much work would need to be done to fit it into the existing city Age. Would just make more sense to be a Nexus-accessible smaller-area, somewhat like the BCO or the spyroom (only much bigger of course).

MOULa KI #32712
MOULa KI #23298
MOUL KI #35129
D'mala KI #74265
Gehn KI #10113

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:02 am 

*sitting in a corner wearing a black beret, shirt, and pants, chewing on a french cigarette*

yes it does look nice and all but i have one complaint so far... it is to... how do you say... perfect? lol not to insult your work because it IS amazing but this is supposed to be part of D'ni and there are very few spots remaining that are perfect. 'course you could just be saving the destruction for last which renders this whole thing kinda pointless.

KI #12987306

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:31 am 

It usually is better to render a 'perfect' and then 'damaged' model.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:04 am 
Creative Kingdoms

You need the perfect version for the flashbacks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:26 am 

JWPlatt wrote:
You need the perfect version for the flashbacks.

please for the love of god tell me MOULA isn't gonna be directed by Mr. J.J Abrams. Please tell me it isn't so... lol

KI #12987306

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:43 pm 
Obduction Backer

That's a very sexy looking model you are putting together! :) Very clean looking, and very close to the
May I ask what is the poly count currently at?

johnsojc wrote:
Certainly looks much more impressive than this from PoTS: (I think it was there in ABM but easier for me to get to in PoTS)[spoiler]
Image[/spoiler]

Right, the concept art is really nice, but also totally different from what ended in the game. I'm more inclined to think of what's in the game as the approved design and the Mysterium concept art as are rejected idea.
It would be interesting to hear from Cyan on this topic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:48 am 
Obduction Backer

aloys wrote:
Right, the concept art is really nice, but also totally different from what ended in the game. I'm more inclined to think of what's in the game as the approved design and the Mysterium concept art as are rejected idea.

I dunno, the in-game is missing the Crown, which seems to be a later addition (developmentally). I'm more inclined to think the in-game sprite is a placeholder from some older concept art and was simply never replaced with a proper representation.

But that's just blind speculation; mostly because I like the concept art version a whole lot better.

MOULa KI #32712
MOULa KI #23298
MOUL KI #35129
D'mala KI #74265
Gehn KI #10113

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

March 19th

Chugging along. Good bit of the upper section.

Quote:
Is it planned to work on Uru? or justa model?

BTW, the entrance you modeled is actually to the Great King Temple, not the the Guilds Hall. The entrance to the Guilds Hall is above the temple.

I hoping that one day it might end up in game somehow. Need a max 2010 plugin for that though...at least to do it properly anyway. Also the NEW entrance to the Guild Hall is above the temple, but that was added later when that level around the Hall was built. I believe the original entrances are the openings down on the feet. But that's a guess. Notes don't say.

Quote:
Are you planning to make it inside and out i.e. full spread of interior coridoors textured etc.?

Maybe...if Cyan were to release the concepts for them. Assuming they have those. For now it will be an exterior model.

Quote:
As for it being a seperate Age, I kinda assume it would need to be anyway. Too much work would need to be done to fit it into the existing city Age. Would just make more sense to be a Nexus-accessible smaller-area, somewhat like the BCO or the spyroom (only much bigger of course).

I was thinking the best way to allow access to it would be a bahro stone somewhere. Then once there, there would be a nexus terminal that you could register and then it would appear in the nexus. Doing that would require Cyan's help/permission. I don't know if they'd be up for that.

Quote:
yes it does look nice and all but i have one complaint so far... it is to... how do you say... perfect? lol not to insult your work because it IS amazing but this is supposed to be part of D'ni and there are very few spots remaining that are perfect. 'course you could just be saving the destruction for last which renders this whole thing kinda pointless.

Yes exactly as I said in my last post. It's easier to build it perfect then once happy cut it up. After you start breaking things its harder to go back if you decide you want to change something.

Quote:

Shrug. I built the version I liked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:40 pm 

I LOVE this model of the Guild Hall.

hey it could have a few differant versions of it too, and having it in the city is a MUST.
So I suggest making a version of it as a hollow shell BUT have a few portions of the bottom of it totaly finished,
so you could enter the GH and walk down a hallway to a KI machine room with 18 differant KI machines in it.
that will be the secruity scan for guild members. example; you are in the guild of maintainers so walk up to the KI machine
witht he guild symbol on it and stick your hand in and then be linked up into the maintainers guild in the guild hall.

Has anyone started on making the 'insides' of any of the buildings yet? Tunnels and walkways and a lot of the rooms
etc. are all built into the rock of the cavern, and most of the city is unseen because of this.

I would like to see more concept art and drawings of any of these 'unseen areas' of the city.
Please post them if anyone has any.

URU - KI - Atrus 03668735, Katran 00982487,
URUb - KI - 00356281

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:48 pm 

Quote:
I hoping that one day it might end up in game somehow. Need a max 2010 plugin for that though...at least to do it properly anyway. Also the NEW entrance to the Guild Hall is above the temple, but that was added later when that level around the Hall was built. I believe the original entrances are the openings down on the feet. But that's a guess. Notes don't say.

The concept (which you baised your model at) says the lower entrance (below the broken floor) is "the old temple", so I guessed that would be the "temple of the great king", since we know the Halls was built right above the temple.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:56 pm 
Obduction Backer

ThedStranger wrote:
Quote:

The concept (which you baised your model at) says the lower entrance (below the broken floor) is "the old temple", so I guessed that would be the "temple of the great king", since we know the Halls was built right above the temple.

I wasn't referring to the entrances directly below the new entrance...you're right that's the temple. Out on the "feet" on the very bottom there are openings. I believe these were the original entrances to the hall.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next