It is currently Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:20 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:08 am 
Obduction Backer

Very impressive Lehm! Keep up the good work. I like this version of the Guild Hall better too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:27 am 

Looking better and better, I hope to explore this in the future. Perhaps have some AI in there. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:15 am 

VoiZod wrote:
that will be the secruity scan for guild members. example; you are in the guild of maintainers so walk up to the KI machine witht he guild symbol on it and stick your hand in and then be linked up into the maintainers guild in the guild hall.

Has anyone started on making the 'insides' of any of the buildings yet? Tunnels and walkways and a lot of the rooms
etc. are all built into the rock of the cavern, and most of the city is unseen because of this.

I've been wondering if we haven't already seen part of the Guild Hall. The Guild Pubs, for example.

Eyen waxen
3: 7)$]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:14 pm 
Obduction Backer

IanWatson wrote:
I've been wondering if we haven't already seen part of the Guild Hall. The Guild Pubs, for example.

I don't believe they are. For one the pubs are at least 50' in diameter. The wings on this I measured to be 32' wide. Also the pubs have a hole at the top. There are no holes on the top of this structure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:03 am 

Quite impressive indeed!
Great work there! :)
(now to figure out how to create Ages myself. I already know how to use Blender, so the other parts shouldn't be too hard...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:03 pm 

Lehm wrote:
IanWatson wrote:

I don't believe they are. For one the pubs are at least 50' in diameter. The wings on this I measured to be 32' wide. Also the pubs have a hole at the top. There are no holes on the top of this structure.

Someone can correct me on this, but I think you're right Lehm. The "Watcher's Pub" is located in J'Taeri... so I'm wondering if the Guild Pubs are actually located either in that district as well or somewhere below the actual Guild Halls.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:15 am 
Obduction Backer

March 21st

Overall shot of the Hall. Only a few major bits left to do.

Now that its getting closer to completion. I'm starting to wonder about its surroundings. The notes say the government plaza was built around it. Probably means its surrounded by government buildings. I haven't seen any concepts on what those might look like. If I'm eventually going to make this into a proper age...kind of need to know. So if anyone wants to petition Cyan for any other concepts they have concerning the hall. Much appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:46 am 

Lehm wrote:
March 21st

Overall shot of the Hall. Only a few major bits left to do.

Now that its getting closer to completion. I'm starting to wonder about its surroundings. The notes say the government plaza was built around it. Probably means its surrounded by government buildings. I haven't seen any concepts on what those might look like. If I'm eventually going to make this into a proper age...kind of need to know. So if anyone wants to petition Cyan for any other concepts they have concerning the hall. Much appreciated.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. You sir, are my hero.

Concerning those buildings surrounding it... that would definitely be something interesting to talk about with Cyan staff. I suppose we could try shooting e-mails their way to at least know if there was ever any form of concept for the surrounding buildings, but even that would be hard to pull from the grips of Cyan's "super-secret" stash of goodies.

In the meantime mate, I'd be proud of what you've done so far. This is one of the most impressive pieces of user-work I've ever seen with Uru.

Bravo, mate!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:12 am 
Obduction Backer

:shock: I am in awe of you. I can't wait to see this with texturing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:56 am 

sideshow118 wrote:
with texturing.

Oh god...

This such an awesome thread!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:59 am 

This looks really awesome! I wish that one day (soon) we'll be able to walk up there from the Tokotah courtyard...

Simone - KI#1001138
Please avoid drinking the lake water.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:32 pm 
Obduction Backer

Simone wrote:
This looks really awesome! I wish that one day (soon) we'll be able to walk up there from the Tokotah courtyard...

Unfortunately, almost certainly not possible. It would require quite a few changes to the city, and I'd rather leave Cyan's stuff alone. IF this makes it in game it will have to be a separate section by itself that you link to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:54 pm 

Lehm wrote:
Simone wrote:

Unfortunately, almost certainly not possible. It would require quite a few changes to the city, and I'd rather leave Cyan's stuff alone. IF this makes it in game it will have to be a separate section by itself that you link to.

It could be like the Great Zero or Kirel... preferably more like Kirel so it'd be easy for everyone to congrigate

Thelonius "Prof" Higginsbottom

member of the Guild of Calamitous Intent

"I invented the term the Bevin Generation do I get a spot in Mystlore?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:04 pm 
Obduction Backer

Lehm wrote:

Unless Cyan happens to decide to ask if they can use your model! :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:00 pm 

I WISH TO DECLARE MY LOVE FOR THIS THREAD AND ALL IT'S PARTICIPANTS.

Seriously, Lehm, this is amazing stuff. I for one would love to see this ingame, and I do not think I am alone in this.

IC Journal | Reality on the Norm

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next