It is currently Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:00 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:55 am 

A Cycle has started again!
Yes, Starting it again! And i've fixed several issues from the previous version of this... though i know there will be dozens of new issues. lol

KI #12987306

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:13 am 
So that you guys don't need to experiment, there are six 'slots' in the URL that seem to accept any single character, plus the combination '10'. However, pictures only display for digits 0-9 and 10. Scrolling any of the 'slots' using the 'UP' button past 10 seems to reset all 'slots' to 0.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:17 pm 

DLordofTime wrote:
So that you guys don't need to experiment, there are six 'slots' in the URL that seem to accept any single character, plus the combination '10'. However, pictures only display for digits 0-9 and 10. Scrolling any of the 'slots' using the 'UP' button past 10 seems to reset all 'slots' to 0.

that's not entirely true. the pictures (or glyphs, i like glyphs better) display for more than just the numbers 0-10. however, you must figure out what they display for and how to get them to display it.

KI #12987306

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:48 pm 

Okay, here's what I've found out so far. These might just be bugs, but seemed worth noting.
  • If any parameter is set to a number smaller than 0 or greater than 10, the whole link gets reset.
  • If any parameter is set to something other than a number, it will link to "http://gmz1023.com/count/PARAMETER.png", where PARAMETER is what you entered. I haven't found any other files so far :| You can also change directories, by for example setting one parameter to "../test".
  • The links will always link to the next higher/lower number, even if they are out of range. This causes the display to reset if you go try to go over 10 or under 0.
  • Parameters other than numbers are treated as 0 when used for calculation.
  • I've peeked at the source. It's a PHP page, so not much to see. No comments or anything. But gmz, please learn to close your tags.

PS: Aaaah. Found something...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:19 pm 

dgelessus wrote:
gmz, please learn to close your tags.[/list]

I have open tags? must be a byproduct of how the sites designed... Fixed wasn't a byproduct. I just overlooked something. my bad.

Also, i would just like to say as a hint: you guys should learn a little bit about D'ni... It'll help out ;)

KI #12987306

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:20 pm 

Let's say that I found something regarding D'ni. Y'know, D'ni has a lot of meanings.
PS: Funny post times of this and the one before :D
PPS: You have no <body> tag. <title> tag goes in head tag. You never closed your <html>, <table> or <a> tags. Sorry for that rant... if you view your source in Firefox invalid tags are marked in bold bright red by the way. That's what's making me all nervous about it ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:48 pm 

dgelessus wrote:
PPS: You have no <body> tag. <title> tag goes in head tag. You never closed your <html>, <table> or <a> tags. Sorry for that rant... if you view your source in Firefox invalid tags are marked in bold bright red by the way. That's what's making me all nervous about it ;)

Jesum crow... Fixed your nitpicks! lol

KI #12987306

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:17 pm 

gmz1023 wrote:
dgelessus wrote:

Yeah, that's me being a bit over-perfectionistic about other people's stuff... Unfortunately, no further progress on the puzzle.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:43 pm 

dgelessus wrote:
gmz1023 wrote:
dgelessus wrote:

Yeah, that's me being a bit over-perfectionistic about other people's stuff... Unfortunately, no further progress on the puzzle.

How far into the puzzle are you so far? what 'Locks' have you accessed?

KI #12987306

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:53 pm 
Ok, 6 numbers. 0 to 10. Maybe a date of some sort? That would mean yyy/m/dd perhaps, which is the D'ni order.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:20 pm 

Okay, I seriously have no idea if I should spoil part of the puzzle or let you figure it out ;)

@DLord: I believe that D'ni years often had four, if not even more digits. Also I don't quite think that the nubers are to be interpreted in D'ni way, simply because they just go up to 10.

[Reveal] Spoiler: If you want to be spoiled.
You can enter D'ni letters in place of the numbers. They will actually be displayed correctly. Now I have no idea what to input. Here are a few things I've tried, none of them giving me any special result:
  • j-a-k-oo-t-h
  • j-a-k-o-o-th
  • g-m-z-10-2-3
  • a-e-g-u-r-a
  • r-e-z-ee-r-o
  • y-e-e-s-h-a
  • 1-2-3-4-5-6
  • s-h-o-m-a-t
  • k-a-t-r-a-n
I've also tried adding additional parameters, which however didn't change anything visual.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:11 am 
No, I checked before I posted, and D'ni years only need 3 digits, and that will suffice for another 6000 years.

If I remember correctly, the last time Gmz pulled something like this, it took forever to work out how to access the secrets. But the puzzle was fundamentally broken... Could this perhaps have a similar solution?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:15 am 

DLordofTime wrote:
No, I checked before I posted, and D'ni years only need 3 digits, and that will suffice for another 6000 years.

If I remember correctly, the last time Gmz pulled something like this, it took forever to work out how to access the secrets. But the puzzle was fundamentally broken... Could this perhaps have a similar solution?

that last puzzle was horribly broken... I tested this one for a week before i pushed it live so it should be much better. (not to mention my coding skills have trippled since the last version)

KI #12987306

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:34 am 

Just tried inputting incredibly high numbers... no result. :(
FYI, DLord, I think you should really check my spoiler a few posts ago. Maybe you'll have some ideas about it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:47 am 
I did look at it, which is why I thought about the last puzzle, which could also do the same thing.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next