It is currently Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:27 pm

All times are UTC




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:27 pm
Posts: 91
Location: Chicora, PA
This thread got me back into the Cavern. I went through the Cleft and now I am trying to Figure out the secrets of the D'ni City... these posts really seemed to help me find my way around... our KI's really need flashlights, you know that.

_________________
I am still alive, but work has come between me and my gaming life... Feel free to PM me, as I DO still check this site frequently, I just can't chat as much as I used to.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:42 pm 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:14 pm
Posts: 808
Zacron wrote:
our KI's really need flashlights, you know that.

They do have flashlights. If you've played the Descent, you'll know what I mean. :wink:

_________________
Lyrositor


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:19 pm 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:14 pm
Posts: 4250
Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Perhaps Zacron means flashlights that we can control. :wink:

_________________
Explorers Memorial * In Memoriam


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:22 pm
Posts: 560
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
And maybe somebody could also open up the DRC cafeteria, too? I'm sure it's only vending machine food, but the "standard issue" Messenger lunch for a Cavern Crier of PB&J sandwiches* is wearing kinda' thin.

(*Nevyns Note: Because accorrding to ResEng A. Biegalski, one always need to be prepared with a handy snack for that chance bahro encounter!)

_________________
KI# 00071084 | "The truth speaks for itself, I am just the messenger." -Lyta Alexander
Image
(Note: Any comments or opinions, taken whole or in part, are mine and do not reflect the stance of GoMe.)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:27 pm
Posts: 91
Location: Chicora, PA
Tai'lahr wrote:
Perhaps Zacron means flashlights that we can control. :wink:


Yeah, like the PipBoy in Fallout 3. Something we can toggle that lets us light the area around us. Maybe something that we have to find to activate it? Like how we to to Gahreesen to get the KI, go somewhere else, in the City, maybe, to allow us to use the light.

And, I don't believe I have ever been in Descent, can I get some more info on this? If not here, then maybe in a PM? That would be greatly appreciated.

_________________
I am still alive, but work has come between me and my gaming life... Feel free to PM me, as I DO still check this site frequently, I just can't chat as much as I used to.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:34 pm 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:14 pm
Posts: 808
Zacron wrote:
And, I don't believe I have ever been in Descent, can I get some more info on this? If not here, then maybe in a PM? That would be greatly appreciated.

I don't remember right now exactly how you get there (I think a Bahro stone was involved) but...
[Reveal] Spoiler:
In the Descent, a machine similar to the KI dispenser activates a purplish light on your KI which illuminates your surrounding environment for a small period of time, then fizzles out.

_________________
Lyrositor


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:27 pm
Posts: 91
Location: Chicora, PA
Lyrositor wrote:
Zacron wrote:
And, I don't believe I have ever been in Descent, can I get some more info on this? If not here, then maybe in a PM? That would be greatly appreciated.

I don't remember right now exactly how you get there (I think a Bahro stone was involved) but...
[Reveal] Spoiler:
In the Descent, a machine similar to the KI dispenser activates a purplish light on your KI which illuminates your surrounding environment for a small period of time, then fizzles out.


I see. Well, I need to check this out. I am very interested in going there, But as it has been so long since I delved down the cavern, I created a new Avvie and I am currently running through the Journey again.

_________________
I am still alive, but work has come between me and my gaming life... Feel free to PM me, as I DO still check this site frequently, I just can't chat as much as I used to.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:16 pm 
[Reveal] Spoiler:
In one particular instance of the City, I cannot remember which, there is a bah'ro stone in the rubble at the end of Takotah alley.


Top
  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:27 pm
Posts: 91
Location: Chicora, PA
DLordofTime wrote:
[Reveal] Spoiler:
In one particular instance of the City, I cannot remember which, there is a bah'ro stone in the rubble at the end of Takotah alley.

[Reveal] Spoiler:
But how do I move between "Instances"?

_________________
I am still alive, but work has come between me and my gaming life... Feel free to PM me, as I DO still check this site frequently, I just can't chat as much as I used to.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:09 pm 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:15 am
Posts: 587
Zacron wrote:
[Reveal] Spoiler:
But how do I move between "Instances"?

[Reveal] Spoiler:
The "public" instance of Ae'gura City is the one accessed through the Nexus. This does not have the Descent stone.
I believe the instance you can access from your Relto's City book and the one accessed via your Neighborhood's Book Room are the same - in any case, both of these generally contain the Descent stone.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:27 pm
Posts: 91
Location: Chicora, PA
Emor D'ni Lap wrote:
[Reveal] Spoiler:
The "public" instance of Ae'gura City is the one accessed through the Nexus. This does not have the Descent stone.
I believe the instance you can access from your Relto's City book and the one accessed via your Neighborhood's Book Room are the same - in any case, both of these generally contain the Descent stone.

Okay, I will look into this. Thank you very much. :)

_________________
I am still alive, but work has come between me and my gaming life... Feel free to PM me, as I DO still check this site frequently, I just can't chat as much as I used to.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:49 am 
Emor D'ni Lap wrote:
Zacron wrote:
[Reveal] Spoiler:
But how do I move between "Instances"?

[Reveal] Spoiler:
The "public" instance of Ae'gura City is the one accessed through the Nexus. This does not have the Descent stone.
I believe the instance you can access from your Relto's City book and the one accessed via your Neighborhood's Book Room are the same - in any case, both of these generally contain the Descent stone.


[Reveal] Spoiler:
Yes, they are the same. The book on your shelf is the 'Hood instance, not a private instance, though due to the high improbability that anyone from your 'Hood will be there at the same time as you, it's as close to private as you can get.


Top
  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: KI flashlight
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:50 pm 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:46 pm
Posts: 847
Location: The Cleft, New Mexico
Shorah all,

Yes, I agree with Tai above, that it would be nice if we could control the "flashlight". At least in my own experience, it flashes at about 1-second intervals and then quits after about 20 seconds. So the Tomahn KI machine apparently powers up a KI beacon that has a very short life cycle. It gets me about 1-1/2 circuits at a walk on the Shaft walkway before it dies. Bummer... :?

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: KI flashlight
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:39 pm 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:14 pm
Posts: 808
Ainia wrote:
Yes, I agree with Tai above, that it would be nice if we could control the "flashlight".

You should come into the Fun House one day... 8)

_________________
Lyrositor


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Hey Lyro!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:38 am 
Offline
Obduction Backer

Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:46 pm
Posts: 847
Location: The Cleft, New Mexico
Shorah Lyrositor!

Actually, I was there last night (for the first time quite by chance). I hung out way past the bitter end at your Cleft and got some nice pics of the floating cones, Yeesha and Zandi, as well as the several ferries half-buried in the desert.

Sounds like we may visit Descent in a future Fun House do? Count me in!

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: