It is currently Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:27 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:23 pm 

This thread got me back into the Cavern. I went through the Cleft and now I am trying to Figure out the secrets of the D'ni City... these posts really seemed to help me find my way around... our KI's really need flashlights, you know that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:42 pm 
Obduction Backer

Zacron wrote:
our KI's really need flashlights, you know that.

They do have flashlights. If you've played the Descent, you'll know what I mean. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:19 pm 
Obduction Backer

Location: Digging around in the dusty archives, uncovering Uru history.
Perhaps Zacron means flashlights that we can control. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:25 pm 

And maybe somebody could also open up the DRC cafeteria, too? I'm sure it's only vending machine food, but the "standard issue" Messenger lunch for a Cavern Crier of PB&J sandwiches* is wearing kinda' thin.

(*Nevyns Note: Because accorrding to ResEng A. Biegalski, one always need to be prepared with a handy snack for that chance bahro encounter!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:24 pm 

Tai'lahr wrote:
Perhaps Zacron means flashlights that we can control. :wink:

Yeah, like the PipBoy in Fallout 3. Something we can toggle that lets us light the area around us. Maybe something that we have to find to activate it? Like how we to to Gahreesen to get the KI, go somewhere else, in the City, maybe, to allow us to use the light.

And, I don't believe I have ever been in Descent, can I get some more info on this? If not here, then maybe in a PM? That would be greatly appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:34 pm 
Obduction Backer

Zacron wrote:
And, I don't believe I have ever been in Descent, can I get some more info on this? If not here, then maybe in a PM? That would be greatly appreciated.

I don't remember right now exactly how you get there (I think a Bahro stone was involved) but...
[Reveal] Spoiler:
In the Descent, a machine similar to the KI dispenser activates a purplish light on your KI which illuminates your surrounding environment for a small period of time, then fizzles out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:41 pm 

Lyrositor wrote:
Zacron wrote:

I don't remember right now exactly how you get there (I think a Bahro stone was involved) but...
[Reveal] Spoiler:
In the Descent, a machine similar to the KI dispenser activates a purplish light on your KI which illuminates your surrounding environment for a small period of time, then fizzles out.

I see. Well, I need to check this out. I am very interested in going there, But as it has been so long since I delved down the cavern, I created a new Avvie and I am currently running through the Journey again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:16 pm 
[Reveal] Spoiler:
In one particular instance of the City, I cannot remember which, there is a bah'ro stone in the rubble at the end of Takotah alley.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:19 pm 

DLordofTime wrote:
[Reveal] Spoiler:
In one particular instance of the City, I cannot remember which, there is a bah'ro stone in the rubble at the end of Takotah alley.

[Reveal] Spoiler:
But how do I move between "Instances"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:09 pm 
Obduction Backer

Zacron wrote:
[Reveal] Spoiler:

[Reveal] Spoiler:
The "public" instance of Ae'gura City is the one accessed through the Nexus. This does not have the Descent stone.
I believe the instance you can access from your Relto's City book and the one accessed via your Neighborhood's Book Room are the same - in any case, both of these generally contain the Descent stone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:46 pm 

Emor D'ni Lap wrote:
[Reveal] Spoiler:
The "public" instance of Ae'gura City is the one accessed through the Nexus. This does not have the Descent stone.
I believe the instance you can access from your Relto's City book and the one accessed via your Neighborhood's Book Room are the same - in any case, both of these generally contain the Descent stone.

Okay, I will look into this. Thank you very much. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:49 am 
Emor D'ni Lap wrote:
Zacron wrote:
[Reveal] Spoiler:

[Reveal] Spoiler:

[Reveal] Spoiler:
Yes, they are the same. The book on your shelf is the 'Hood instance, not a private instance, though due to the high improbability that anyone from your 'Hood will be there at the same time as you, it's as close to private as you can get.

Post subject: KI flashlight
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:50 pm 
Obduction Backer

Shorah all,

Yes, I agree with Tai above, that it would be nice if we could control the "flashlight". At least in my own experience, it flashes at about 1-second intervals and then quits after about 20 seconds. So the Tomahn KI machine apparently powers up a KI beacon that has a very short life cycle. It gets me about 1-1/2 circuits at a walk on the Shaft walkway before it dies. Bummer... :?

Post subject: Re: KI flashlight
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:39 pm 
Obduction Backer

Ainia wrote:
Yes, I agree with Tai above, that it would be nice if we could control the "flashlight".

You should come into the Fun House one day... 8)

Post subject: Hey Lyro!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:38 am 
Obduction Backer

Shorah Lyrositor!

Actually, I was there last night (for the first time quite by chance). I hung out way past the bitter end at your Cleft and got some nice pics of the floating cones, Yeesha and Zandi, as well as the several ferries half-buried in the desert.

Sounds like we may visit Descent in a future Fun House do? Count me in!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next