It is currently Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:05 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:50 am 
Obduction Backer

Just as an update, I'm collecting pictures now for an article about Teledahn. I've studied the Age, and am now pretty sure I know what all of the machinery there was made for. I can explain everything you find there, and it makes sense.

The only thing I don't know is just how they got the spores for baking bread out of the Age. It's obvious they used cargo boats or barges of some sort, which will be explained when I finish my article, but how did they get the barges to a Guild of Caterers Age or bakery to make the bread? That is the last remaining mystery.

Oh, and yes, I will be explaining the purpose of the Giant Hairdryer. :D

3 # 11308
The Lost Library of D'ni

Post subject: Teledahn
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:28 pm 
Obduction Backer

The Age of Teledahn is made up of two main islands surrounded by a sea. Between the islands is a warm water lagoon with several varieties of mushrooms growing in or around it. The lagoon is open to the sea at both ends. One end opens into clear water, and the other into a section of the sea filled with a plant that resembles Sargasso seaweed. Its "day" is about 65 seconds long, and the "sun" never sets. Instead, it rotates around the center of the Age a relatively short distance from its axis point. It is possible to see the “sun” pass in front of a distant ridge.

An overview of Teledahn. The haze is caused by the height of the remote controlled aircraft I used to take this picture. On the right-hand island, note the basin. It's not visible from the areas explorers can normally get to, and is covered in what appears to be volcanic flowstone. Clearly visible is the seaweed at the near end of the lagoon that blocks Shroomie from getting in from that side.
[Reveal] Spoiler:

There is a map that can be found which shows more of the world of Teledahn, but it is suspect because the known islands do not match the shapes of the ones shown on the map.

The spring-fed waterfall that empties into a cove behind the central tower:
[Reveal] Spoiler:

There are signs of volcanic activity on the islands. Here is a lava flow with two mountain peaks behind it:
[Reveal] Spoiler:

Teledahn was written in 8990 for the 250th birthday of Lord Hinahsh, Grandmaster of the Guild of Caterers, by his friend Grandmaster Mararon of the Guild of Writers. It was intended to be an eder Age (eder is D'ni for "rest", and often refers to Ages made specifically to offer a change of pace away from the Caverns), but Hinahsh spent little time there. However, he conducted cooking experiments with the mushroom spores and developed a recipe for flavoring bread which became popular among the D'ni elite. The spores were never all that plentiful due to the small size of the Age and were hand-harvested, which meant that they were considered an expensive luxury product.

After the death of Hinahsh, Teledahn passed into ownership of the Guild, and was industrialized by Guild Captain Ventus. This was a mistake that led to the exhaustion of the tiny Age's supply of the spores. Rather than wait for the mushrooms to recover and resume production, the Guild put the Age up for auction. Because of the abundant insect life, it was not sought after and rumor has it that the Descriptive Book was abandoned in a trash heap. Eventually, Teledahn fell into the hands of Manesmo, whose avowed purpose was to reinstate the spore harvesting operation. However, he was actually using spore harvesting as a front for an illegal slave trading operation that funneled nonhuman slaves to the Age of Rebek, and never actually produced much in the way of an export of the spores. The Council of D'ni ordered an investigation, but nothing was resolved before the Fall put an end to both the slave trade and the government.

The machinery:

Central to the Age is a collection of machines installed during the height of spore collection, and powered by the rotating “sun”. The “sun's” rays are collected by an antenna tower, which in turn drives a motor in the base. The motor turns gears that turn drive shafts. There are three drive shafts leading off from the solar collector tower.

The first drive shaft leads to a gate mechanism installed across the seaward entrance of the lagoon. This was installed to block the path used by giant arthropod creatures native to the Age. It was not necessary to install a gate at the other entrance to the lagoon, as the arthropods were unable to swim through the seaweed sea that covers that end.

The drive shaft to the gate:
[Reveal] Spoiler:

The barricade gate, closed and opened:
[Reveal] Spoiler:

[Reveal] Spoiler:

The second drive shaft leads to the mushroom that was last being harvested, and is linked up to a work platform to power a winch for a bucket hoist. Looking around, you will notice that the mushrooms have the remains of canopies spread around their lower stems. These were installed to catch spores that fell before the workers could harvest them.

The drive shaft to the hoist:
[Reveal] Spoiler:

The last drive shaft links to the central tower, which holds the water tank, hut room, control room, and the supervisor's office. This shaft turns a generator for the electrical power needed to operate the lights and devices in the tower, including the transfer buckets of the aerial tramway.

The drive shaft to the tower:
[Reveal] Spoiler:

The central tower:

The offices of the Age all have one thing in common. They were all carved into the remains of dead mushrooms. The central tower is a particularly large mushroom stem with its cap laying half-submerged in the water next to it. The tower is comprised of four primary levels.

The round windows of the control room, from the outside and from the inside:
[Reveal] Spoiler:

[Reveal] Spoiler:

Level 4, The tower office:

Located above the control room is the office. This is one of the locations where Douglas Sharper worked when in the Age. It features a desk with various papers and drawings on it, windows overlooking the Age, a fish tank containing a miniature Teledahn landscape, a Nexus book, and a hidden Linking Book to the Baron's Office in Ae'gura. The Baron's Office has a linking book directly to the tower office.

There is a telescope in the office has a view of the ridge the “sun” passes in front of, and if you watch, you can see the radiant part of the disc pass with the ridge clearly behind it. The view also has a clear shot of a spring-fed stream winding down the slope into a small waterfall. The Wooden Dock is not far from the waterfall.

The office walls are decorated with elaborate traceries carved into them:
[Reveal] Spoiler:

The "sun" passing in front of the far ridge:
[Reveal] Spoiler:

Level 3, The tower control room:

The third level of the tower, above the pumping tank room, the hut room, and below the office. The control room is where the transfer buckets pass through and drop their cargo of spores. There is a control panel for the tower which opens the hatch to the pumping tank, drains the tank, turns on the lights, and controls the transfer buckets.

Level 2, The tower hut room:

The primary link-in area for Teledahn. It is located on the second level of the central tower. The hut itself is used for storage, and has a hatch covering ladders down to the pumping tank. The hut is suspended on walkways in a bowl-shaped area normally filled with water.

The hut room with the water drained:
[Reveal] Spoiler:

Level 1, The pumping tank:

A fairly large cylindrical tank below the hut room, normally submerged well below the hut room's waterline. It has an intake hole in the ceiling and an outflow pipe on one side of the wall. A ladder leads up to the metal bowl at the base of the hut room through the intake hole.

Other notable features of the Age:

The prison cell:

This is a natural cave located in one of the islands. While originally it was probably used as access to inspect the transfer pipes, at the end it was used to hold slaves bound for blood sports in the Age of Rebek. Nick White has said that the slaves were not Bahro. They were a different nonhuman species entirely, and the bones there belong to unfortunate slaves that were trapped when the Age was abandoned.

The bones of the last prisoner:
[Reveal] Spoiler:

One of the mysteries of the room is the pressure plates in the cell itself that operate the doors in concert with the switches on the wall in the antechamber. No one has yet come up with a logical explanation as to why the D'ni slave traders would want to have such a feature in a prison.

The wooden dock:

The dock is a broken walkway farther up the channel from the exit of the slave caves. Its only notable feature are a pair of broken feeding machines. It is not accessible normally, but a Bahro Stone in the city links to it.

[Reveal] Spoiler:

The stump:

A mushroom stump is accessible through a Bahro stone in the Baron's Office. It has a view of the Sargasso sea on one side and the lagoon on the other.

The bay-side offices (AKA the warehouse):

These are two rooms on the main island in a mushroom stem next to a plateau. The lower office was used to oversee the bay where the spore slurry was loaded into ships for transport to Guild processing. The upper office was used in the slave trade as a secret meeting room, and was accessed by a hidden door. Slaves would be chained there for inspection by prospective buyers.

The lower office / warehouse:
[Reveal] Spoiler:

The upper office:
[Reveal] Spoiler:

The manacles in the upper office:
[Reveal] Spoiler:

This stem was open to the sky at the top, so an artificial cap was constructed out of fabric on a metal framework to ward off the weather. Because of the balmy climate, this was considered sufficient protection.

The frame supporting the fabric roof:
[Reveal] Spoiler:

The spore harvesting operation:

When Guild Captain Ventus tried to industrialize the Age, he set up a process to make gathering the spores more efficient, and succeeded too well. His team harvested too many spores too quickly, and the business collapsed when they ran out of product.

First, a work platform was build just below the cap of a mushroom, anchored to the stem. A drive shaft was run out to the mushroom to power a hoist. Workers would then fill a hoist bucket with spores gathered from the bottom of the mushroom cap.

The hoist bucket:
[Reveal] Spoiler:

The hoist was powered mechanically. The drive shaft turned a gear that turned a ring built into the circumference of the work platform. The ring turned a gear attached to a drum that wound and unwound the rope of the hoist bucket:
[Reveal] Spoiler:

The hoist bucket was lowered to other workers, who would dump the spores into the transfer buckets to be carried to and dumped in the tower control room. The spores landed on a grating with a fan below it, and the fan would spin up to draw in the spores and blow them into a series of pipes that led down to the hut room's ceiling. The spores fell into the room, and drifted down to the water below the hut.

When there were enough spores in the water, the giant pump in the bay (which has been nicknamed the “Giant Hairdryer” due to its appearance) would draw the spore-laden water through a long underground pipe that terminated in the pumping tank. When the spore slurry reached the pump, the spores were filtered out and dumped into a transport which was tied to the dock next to the pump. The filtered water would probably have been dumped into the bay.

The bay-side area, including the tower with its fabric cap, the "Hairdryer", and the dock with the feeder and air cannon. Note the pipe from the central tower pumping tank emerging from underground and terminating in the "Hairdryer" pump.

[Reveal] Spoiler:

Other features:

The loading dock next to the giant pump holds a feeder device and an air cannon. The feeders and air cannon were installed by Guild Captain Ventus to protect his profits.

There is a species of giant arthropod that somewhat resembles an oversized lobster in the seas of Teledahn. At least one of them has a territory around the islands, and supplements its diet with two of its favorite snacks: flappers and mushrooms. Douglas Sharper spotted one and dubbed it "Shroomie". The arthropods were a problem for the Guild of Caterers, since they eat the mushrooms from which the Guild was harvesting spores.

They installed the feeders to lure the arthropods close to the dock, where they could be shot at with the cannon. The arthropods do not eat the spores spread by the feeder devices. Instead, the spores excite the flappers, which do feed on them. The increased flapper activity is what lures the arthropods.

3 # 11308
The Lost Library of D'ni

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:09 pm 
Obduction Backer

Fascinating discovery about Teledahn's "sun." The speed of that age's "day" always unsettled me. Years ago, I did some calculations regarding the planet's spin assuming a size based on its gravity and likely density. The speed Teledahn would have had to have been turning would have torn the planet apart and flung anything on its surface out into space. So, do you have any speculations as to what the "sun" is? I don't get the impression this was an attempt at deception, ala Ahnonay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:46 pm 
Obduction Backer

You can chalk that up as another of the mysteries of the Age. If you look at my photograph of the "sun" passing in front of the ridge, you may notice that it's actually a flat disc, not an orb. I have no idea when it was written into the Age. I would venture to guess that it was part of the Age originally, and Ventus just took advantage of it. I'm advancing that theory because it would be a pretty silly way to do the job if the Guild had deliberately created it as a power source. The chances are, Mararon wrote it into the age to moderate the temperature and as a conversation piece.

Another theory that I have no proof for is that the hut was the original structure of the Age. It's design is different from everything else and it's the primary link-in point. The spore collection structures were probably built around it later. Since the "sun" uses the spot the solar collector tower is in as its axis, when the Age was just an eder, you could probably walk out to that spot on a walkway and boast that the sun revolved around you.

3 # 11308
The Lost Library of D'ni

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:53 pm 

I have found this thread to be extremely informative and educational to boot! Sometimes I find myself getting lost in time looking at all the pics and the descriptions. It certainly adds a lot to the game and all that surrounds it.
Thanks for sharing :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:16 pm 
Former MystOnline Moderator

I have created a new thread, A commentary on "Uru Photography", and split off the posts that originally followed this point into the new thread (I've possibly moved too many posts in that but I can deal with that later if necessary). My intent was that if anyone wanted to continue an IC critique of larryf58's work they could do so there without disrupting this thread; it can reference this thread but the two remain largely independant works of Fan Fiction. I see this as a way to make the best of an unfortunate situation.

Image Mac - MOULagain KI#00004826 00004289
In the interests of the environment, this post has been constructed entirely from recycled electrons.

Post subject: Teledahn solar disc
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:20 am 
Obduction Backer

Sent via KI#00133129 04/19/12 5:20

Shorah everyone,

Perhaps I can breathe a bit of new life into this thread! :)

I finally had a chance to revisit Teledahn to check out the solar disc phenomenon (snuck out from Eder Gira during the relatively brief night there while the rest of the team was resting up--though Deck 15 seemed to be out stargazing when I left). The D'ni Museum of Arts and Sciences Age survey work has left me with little time to pursue these other matters, so I was only able to devote a few hours to Teledahn. :( But I took a ton of photographs and will be including a good number of them here, including some full-sized versions (so be forewarned!).

First of all, I want to thank larryf58 for all his in-depth research in Teledahn and for inspiring me (as always) to follow in his footsteps (at least to a degree :wink:). Since I'm finding the whole solar disc issue of particular interest, I will be focusing on that exclusively here, though I by no means wish to brush aside all the rest of the research larryf58 has presented.

I started out my Teledahn re-exploration by retracing DimensionTravelerCalum's footsteps in viewing the solar disc from the various easily accessible vantage points in the Age. Now that both larryf58 and Cal have pointed things out, I find myself wondering how I managed to miss this phenomenon for so many years! Particularly in viewing the solar disc through the upper office viewer, I found myself wondering for the very first time why in the world that viewer had been installed in that particular location gazing upon that particular view. On the next floor down, the two viewers there are dedicated to overseeing the mechanical works of the spore harvesting operation and the general workings of the Age machinery. That part had always made sense to me since that floor houses the control console and so is pretty much dedicated to managing all the Age's mechanical workings. I'd always assumed that the top floor office was used by upper management, but I'd never really understood what that third viewer was for.

All three viewers clearly are identical models and very likely were installed at the same time in the past. Yet if their intended purpose was to oversee the business of the Age, the top floor one was ...enigmatic... Clue #1 that I'd completely missed all along: the placement and view of the third viewer.

It turns out that this direction is the only location in the Age where the solar disc can be observed in its telling idiosyncratic pattern; this is the only location where the solar disc passes in front of a land mass. The evidence is subtle but very clear; if only I'd had the wit to notice it before! As it turns out, after all my recent observations and hiking about, the only geographic location where one can get a clearer view of this phenomenon is across the lagoon atop the hills in question. So this upper office viewer was installed in the most optimal location for keeping an eye on the solar disc.

[Reveal] Spoiler: Solar disc passing behind a land mass, seen from the solar tower viewer
[[ full image ]]

[Reveal] Spoiler: Solar disc passing just above a land mass, seen from the solar tower viewer
[[ full image ]]

[Reveal] Spoiler: Solar disc passing in front of a land mass, seen from the solar tower viewer
[[ full image ]]

[Reveal] Spoiler: Solar disc glow passing through a land mass, seen from the solar tower viewer
[[ full image ]]

In the first two images above, a solar glow can be seen surrounding the disc and is partially hidden from view by the nearby land masses. In the third image, the solar glow is visible in front of the nearby land mass. In the fourth image, the solar glow is cut off by the nearby land mass (this phenomenon will be most easily viewed in the full image). Since all these images are seen through the same device, the idiosyncratic behavior cannot be attributed to flaws in the solar tower viewer.

[Reveal] Spoiler: Solar disc passing in front of a land mass, seen from the upper office viewer
[[ full image ]]

[Reveal] Spoiler: Solar disc passing in front of a land mass, seen from the upper office desktop
[[ full image ]]

[Reveal] Spoiler: Solar disc nearing a land mass, seen from the landing behind the slave caves
[[ full image ]]

[Reveal] Spoiler: Solar disc glow passing through a land mass, seen from the landing behind the slave caves
[[ full image ]]

The first two images above are viewed from the same location, the upper office. The first image is through the viewer there, the second is through the window. Both show the same glow phenomenon observed from the solar tower viewer. All images up to this point are seen through glass of some kind, either the lens of a viewer or through a window. The second two images above are viewed first-hand, by the naked eye. If there was any concern that the glass was somehow distorting or creating the phenomenon, this is now dispelled since the same observations hold true from this last vantage point.

At this point, I decided it was time to hike off the beaten path. My first destination was the roof of the upper office.

[Reveal] Spoiler: Standing at the roof edge atop the mushroom--nice view!
[[ full image ]]

[Reveal] Spoiler: Solar disc passing behind a land mass, seen from the rooftop
[[ full image ]]

[Reveal] Spoiler: Solar disc passing in front of a land mass, seen from the rooftop
[[ full image ]]

[Reveal] Spoiler: Solar glow passing through a land mass, seen from the rooftop
[[ full image ]]

The first image above is just to orient the following images, showing where I stood when I took the other three photos. The view here is nearly identical to that from the upper office (and indeed, I'm not standing that far above the office, as the office ceiling is the rooftop). The second image above provides contrast for the third, demonstrating that the solar glow is hidden behind the hills to the right but passes in front of the hills directly ahead. The same phenomenon of the solar glow passing through a hillside is also observed here.

More adventurous hiking was clearly called for, so I clambered back down from the rooftop and headed across the lagoon toward the river source and mysterious hillsides themselves.

[Reveal] Spoiler: Atop the waterfall cliffs, looking back toward the slave cave landing in the distance
[[ full image ]]

[Reveal] Spoiler: Standing atop a nearby boulder, looking toward the hills in question
[[ full image ]]

[Reveal] Spoiler: Solar glow passing through a land mass, seen from the boulder
[[ full image ]]

In the first image above, I have just reached the top of the cliffs and am looking back toward the slave caves. The second image shows the handy boulder I climbed to get a good vantage point of the solar disc. The third image shows a new view of the solar glow passing through a nearby hill. Next stop: the hilltop in the third image!

[Reveal] Spoiler: Standing atop the hill which the solar disc glow passes through
[[ full image ]]

[Reveal] Spoiler: Solar glow passing through nearby hill, seen from hilltop
[[ full image ]]

[Reveal] Spoiler: Approaching solar disc, seen from hilltop
[[ full image ]]

[Reveal] Spoiler: Approaching solar disc, seen from hilltop
[[ full image ]]

[Reveal] Spoiler: Passing solar disc, seen from hilltop
[[ full image ]]

In the first image above, my vantage point is shown. The next three images show the solar disc approaching my position. The disc clearly is quite flat. The last image shows the disc after it has passed by.

So what in the world is this? I have a working theory about that...

As Cal has pointed out--along with a number of other scientists--the rapid orbit of this disc defies all the known laws of physics for the behavior of a true sun in relation to a viable planet or moon. Such a rapid cycle would tear Teledahn to pieces in short order.

When we view the Teledahn map that Sharper keeps in the Baron's office in Ae'gura, it appears that the parts of Teledahn we are familiar with are within the pink area, yet the sun drawn for the Age clearly has a much wider path than that of the solar disc. Since there is such a constant state of cloud cover and haze in the familiar/known areas of Teledahn, perhaps the D'ni needed to provide a more reliable source of solar power than the natural sun, which may be too weak, too distant or may have too slow a day/night cycle to power their machinery. So I'm theorizing that they have installed a fast orbiting reflective dish/disc to gather and concentrate the Teledahn sun's rays. Since we can see no evidence of additional technology beyond the solar disc itself, the rest of this setup would likely be somewhere above the cloud cover in a stable orbit (e.g. gathering the solar energy and re-directing it to the solar disc).

Anyhow, that's as far as I've been able to get in the limited time away from Gira I've had. Gotta get back there and rejoin my team--I've got a big weekend coming up (gonna hike down and survey the abandoned settlement). Hope this has provided food for thought! I'll be interested to hear what the rest of you think.

End of KI message

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:32 pm 

I just had to go see for myself, :shock: Indeed the "sun" does behave as described. Now I'm thinking that what we are seeing is not a sun but some sort of solar reflector that is floating around by some unknown mechanism we haven't discovered. I'm beginning to think that the reflector is stationary and the Age itself is rotating. This could only be true if Teledahn is located at a spin pole and the axis of spin is on the tagent to the planet's orbit around a true sun. That way, the reflector would always be pointed at the true sun which is just below the observable horizon. The only theory I have at this point is the the reflector is also a concentrator to make the area both warm enough to live in and bright enough to see.

Umm... I'm having trouble imaging how a planet could keep it's spin axis always on the tangent to the orbit... It would have to have another rotation pole to pole equal to the length of a year... tidal lock like the moon? Any astrophysicists out there?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:52 pm 
Well, this isn't the first time we've seen D'ni tech floating. Just think about Kemo and Delin, and their rotating weather devices.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:30 pm 
Obduction Backer

Some more strange solar behaviour, with apologies if this has already been noted elsewhere: looking out of the leftmost window of Sharper's room, the "sun" suddenly disappears from view, just before vanishing behind a landmass. Perhaps something blocks the real sun, causing the hypothetical reflector to go dark, or invisible.

Video footage: The disappearing sun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:23 am 
Wow. And that is a likely theory.

Post subject: Awesome
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 10:19 pm 

I need to browse through the forums more often. This tour of the city's architecture is totally amazing. With my love for the ancient, I will view the buildings i climb around with a more critical eye from here on in.
ty.
luv angelmyst

KI #03313934

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 5:15 am 
Obduction Backer

Dear Ainia –

A sentence in your recent post
Quote:
When we view the Teledahn map that Sharper keeps in the Baron's office in Ae'gura, it appears that the parts of Teledahn we are familiar with are within the pink area, yet the sun drawn for the Age clearly has a much wider path than that of the solar disc.
piqued the interest of a D’ni Research Association member since, like Mr. LeDeay, our organization has long felt the Teledahn map from the City office to be inaccurate.
Larryf58 wrote:
There is a map that can be found which shows more of the world of Teledahn, but it is suspect because the known islands do not match the shapes of the ones shown on the map.

Her DRA team decided to send a camera up above Teledahn in a weather balloon. Neither the balloon nor the camera were seen again.
This was one of the last shots relayed to us before the signal was lost:
[Reveal] Spoiler:

To orient yourself in this shot: the bayside walkway and spore-hopper/dispenser (“giant hairdryer”) can be seen in the upper left.

We tried to align this image with the pink targeted area of the Teledahn map, but found it to be a very poor fit.
However, the landmass area to its left proved to be an amazingly good fit.
With a little correction for the perspective from the balloon camera (it was never pointing straight down!), this is what we see:
[Reveal] Spoiler:

Based on this alignment, we have to conclude that the Teledahn map is in fact very reasonably accurate.

This assessment also forces us to rethink our previous theory that the vast expanse of water seen from the walkway near the bucket hoist was a very large closed body of fresh water. If we now must trust the map as an accurate one, that area is clearly open to seawater. This in turn may mean that at some point, the green mass seen in that open water may transition from the freshwater algae we’ve posited in the Teledahn lagoons, to the saltwater seaweed Mr. LeDeay has stated.

Research continues, though slowly. Our organization cannot afford further losses like that camera.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 9:54 pm 

A really good and informative thread thanx 8)

Post subject: Exciting development
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 11:09 pm 
Obduction Backer

Shorah Emor D'ni Lap,

Many thanks to you and the DRA for that marvelous aerial view. And my deepest condolences on the loss of a valuable piece of equipment. If it takes any of the sting from the loss, I do indeed think the sacrifice was not in vain as this provides an important bit of data regarding Teledahn.

Not having the resources to deploy my own flying camera, I had only been able to pace out the landforms and make my best guess as to where on the Teledahn map the known area was located. Now that question is answered with finality (and my initial best guess is proved to be erroneous).

I still am curious about all the colored markings on the map, so there still is much research left on the table. Now that I know that the pink area still is unknown to us, it makes me all the more curious to know the meaning of the blue areas as opposed to the pink; and the many apparent travel routes (red dashed lines) between the blue pentagons (apparently other harvesting operations or worker communities?).

It is immensely helpful to know that the map is accurate as it stands (at least as far as we can verify thus far).

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next