It is currently Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:05 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:44 pm 
Obduction Backer

Dear ZestyOfXeniphers and all, don't forget that there's a "MOULagain KI Directory"
available in OHB's magical repository, and it can also be accessed here on
these forums stickied in the 'Spoiler-free Discussion' section ... Have fun ... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:37 pm 

Hmm I received an PM from Mouski on this forum asking me to send the quest to Zesty anyway.

I can do it, I didn't say I wouldn't log in anymore, I could send it to you from my repository avatar, you gave your KI number in your signature.

@ Zesty: if you want it, just say so, I will manage to enter the game and send it to you :)

always @ Zesty: I will provide you with a list of Jahmen's avatars' KI numbers in PM shortly, I have to look up in WhoM which I can't do for now :?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:22 am 

WOW I checked this thread like just a couple days ago and it had no posts after mine. Pleasant surprize!
Ok First, I want to say right up front that some out of normal play Quests have been made with amazingly great instructions that guide you through the series of difficult jumps reemarkably well and that some of the places they take you offer views of the game that make me smile like a cheeshire cat! As I watch the pions below me pass by. . .
OK sorry I get carried away some times.
I don't like the Quests that are difficult marker jumps that don't tell you anything
of what to do or how to get them. They are made for elites to other elites.

Second, Mouski's Games are very well conceived and I find them very very hard to play. But as with most hard Quests, you feel really great when you work them out. P. S. Mouski, I havn't given up on figuring out your Quests.

Third, My bad, I thought I had posted that Quests Bevin/ Neighborhood (when Public) hosts the Quest Series and that the imager there has all the information about it and how to start playing. Simon Templer has the first Quest to start you off. He is usually found in the public city from time to time or you can get his Ki# off the Bevin Imager and Ki message him for his Quest and he will send it to you. Like Annabelle posted, while she has the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Clue Quests, they won't do you any good to solve them because the Series is Interactive with safe guards to prevent cheating.
Cheating in the sense of playing out of order.
Interactive in that each clue Quest reveals the next explorer you must find to get the reward of each Journal Story Quest and to recieve the Next Clue Quest from the next explorer.
There is a Q&A (Questions and Answers) session for each Quest with each explorer who often made that Clue Quest.
The answers are found for each Q&A session within the marker text of each Clue Quest.

I hope this has helped to get those interested started. Once you reach a level to get into the TeamSpeak channel set up for playing together, you may find others to help or join with you. At least that was how I set it all up to work.
Let me know if you have troubles and I will try to help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:26 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thank you all for the games that you sent to us and for all your kind response and help.
We loved your first Quest game Jahmen. Looking forward to playing the next one.
We loved Mouski's games too and we didn't find them too difficult.
We also enjoyed Simon's (AOEC) games very much.
Stay inspired and keep them coming please.
P.S. Kirk and I are in the process of creating our 3rd Quest......... Thank you all for playing our 1st and 2nd quests. I hope you enjoy them :)
P.S. 2 @ Annabelle: hope you reconsider... There is a lot that newbies can learn from AN experienced player like you.

Last edited by ZestyOfXeniphers on Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Thanx & still Hopeful
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:30 am 

Glad you and Kirk are getting off to a good start. I fear you will be challenged sooner than you had expected though with the Original Elite Clue Quest "Vault Secrets". Of which Annabelle has since improved upon with additional markers.
Some places I knew and others I did not. When Asked why I didn't use more of the harder marker locations, I explained my Clue Quest Puzzle themes have only so many markers to them. Basically, the puzzles I created only have so many clues and data text for markers.

Annabelle is my all time Hero of Quest making for out of normal play places.
She has reluctantly played my Quest Series to help other explorers unable to get the hard markers.
I thought I was clever and even though I believe I was the first to reach tip top of Phils Relto Mountain top back in GameTap Uru, Annabelle and others alike have long passed me by.
The things I have seen Annabelle and others like her achieve are beyond Inmpressivly Cool!

Jahmen's Quest Series has been a work in progress for many years along side my Planet Dragonia Project.

I have all the text data done to put into the last Clue Quest "City Lights" markers.
All 10 Jahmen Journal Story Quests have been made for almost a year now. Although I recently had gotted a wicked Idea for a Twist on the Story ending I'm thinking of doing if I can find the time and explorers don't reach the end before then.
Farthest explorer teams have gotten is to the 5 Journal Story and Clue Quest "Jalak Gems".
I have given out Clue Quests "ROCKS" and "Kirel Lights" to a few to try and test play through. Though haven't heard anything from them since. So not sure if they made it through or gave up.

Last edited by Jahmen on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:51 pm 

@Zesty: :wink: I will come back... I'm just unable to do so right now. I have access to Internet as you can see, I tested my URU online shards connections on October 1st to see if I was still "there" and see that my accounts haven't been hijacked. It will rise the shards statistic of visitors even though I spent a grand total of 5 secs on each of them.

I began to play offline sparsly. I'm just waiting for the "call". There's something that tells me I'm not ready yet, the little voice inside me telling... "If you go back online, you will only stay a week or so and go offline for a long long time."

I left the community with a lot of suspended projects, they might be all well-received if I'm coming back, I just need time. Thing that works for an URU come back is that hate violent games and I feel that every MMO out there is violent or revolves around manipulating weapons and stuffs. I don't like to play 1st pers game anymore, apart from Riven because of its qualities, I'm "stuck" to URU for gaming. I have many areas of interest outside URU and that's what I'm up to as well as personal changes in life making harder to come online.

For now, enjoy Jahmen's quests. Everytime, I'm telling in my quests that it was Jahmen's discoveries, that was because he made me discover areas with his quests.

Jahmen fed me and I fed him (fed meaning giving food... I hope it's the right verb see I don't have dictionary right now :lol: ), thing that I've done with everyone who helped me down the way BTW.

The Phil's relto mountain top was known in Gametap Era and maybe before that. Thing is that for me, the discovery goes to the first "documented" route to a place XYZ which implies a marker quest because a video can be tricked. I always respected that and I never took credit of a discovery if I knew someone else went there normally (without magic) and had documented with quests. There's only 1 exception to this rule because the explorer was officially banned from the server so when you are banned you don't have any legacy left after that. You don't exist even if you still persist to come back online... anyway that's another matter :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:14 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thanks for all the great games, many more to come i hope !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:49 pm 
Obduction Backer

Successfully finished the "Vault secrets" but again waiting for the sequel... The CrashOverride is nowhere to be found... eh well...

P.S. As we said before, any game is welcome, especially quests, mysteries, story based ones... skydiving is not something that we avoid either but prefer it combined with clues...

Last edited by ZestyOfXeniphers on Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:29 pm 
Obduction Backer

Hello Jahmen, hope you'll see this. Kirk and I successfully finished the "Journey's Journey" and "Vault secrets" too, added 2 players as recommended but again waiting and waiting and waiting for the sequel, already for 2 weeks... The CrashOveride who is supposed to send us the next one is not responding... Please help. Thank you.
BTW Jahmen, to reply on your message, new buddies wouldn't show on our buddy list if we got their KI # wrong. So that's out of question. They were SUCCESSFULLY ADDED and the message to them were sent (3 times already). Really don't know what else to do eh...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:44 pm 
Obduction Backer

Shorah, fellow explorers! I really wonder if anyone has created or is in the process of creating a new marker game? Mouski, Simon we played yours with great enthusiasm and are really looking forward to new ones... and we are really running out of games... :( hope you'll surprise us with something nice, intriguing or mysterious quite soon...
Zesty and Kirk of Xeniphers

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:23 am 

Zesty & Kirk of Xeniphers,
We can only offer our apologies as to why CrashOveride never responded when you Ki-mail messaged him. :oops:
We have seen it before and know from time to time there are Ki glitch messages that don't get received, as well as buddy text that can be received, but you can't respond back because they don't appear anywhere on your Ki. :shock: Ki Glitches! :shock:

Every Explorer that Simon Templer gives the first Clue Quest to, gets their Ki # entered into the Tracker System.
This means every Explorer involved in Hosting the Quest Series gets it and buddies them. 8)
They all know who to look for and expect when it's time.
CrashOveride knew Zesty & Kirk of Xeniphers was coming and had them buddied.

Truth be said, Crash was puzzled as to why you hadn't contacted him, especially after Jack Flash had gotten a Ki-mail message from you and told CrashOveride to expect your contact message.
:roll: He waited and waited, checked his Ki's incoming ever few days looking for the message. :roll:
He also watched for you in-game on his buddies list, but never caught up with either of you.

Eventually after couple weeks it showed up with the date you sent it of 2 plus weeks prior and so he responded.
However, by then you and Kirk understandably tired of waiting, moved on to another Quest game.
So CrashOveride sent you by Ki-mail the Q&A for you to respond back with to get the first Story Journal Quest with.
Then on to Jack Flash for his Q&A, whenever you decide to start up playing again.

I probably should have posted about the Quest Series being an on-going project intermittently monitored, since explorer's have no time limit or requirements to play it. Basically play and stop for a week, month or whatever and then pick it up again. Explorers hosting the Quest Series monitor their Ki every few days.

Hope this helps Explorers to better understand how the Quest Series plays.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:20 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thank you for the explanation Jahmen :). As you said we did move on to other quests but we are planning to go back to yours eventually. The thing is, by now, we forgot where we were, meaning the story, which is understandable, but we have the notes and will probably be able to catch up with it.
I hope the next game in the series does not require any comboing or difficult skydiving because I am the only one doing combo jumps in our team (Kirk does skydiving here and there). I remember you mentioning that the key markers do not require comboing or complex skydiving. I hope that's so...
P.S. Kirk and I found 'Vault Secrets' very enjoyable... with reasonable (skydiving) difficulty to make all the experience challenging but not overwhelmingly so...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:34 am 

Xeniphers, the idea behind the Series of Quests, was that as a multi-explorer player game series it was intended to grow in difficulty to meet the challenges to what we expected every team to grow in numbers as they progressed onward in the series. So we made each Clue Quest just a bit more harder than the last one or that was at least our intentions.

The Quest Series Theme was based upon sifting through the Community of Explorers to eliminate the prideful, like those of the fallen D'ni Civilization.
Simply put, it was never meant to be played alone!
It's a Series Quest challenge to and for the Uru Community. :shock:

My marker placement rule of thumb was basic, if I can't get there myself with out it taking me more than 10 tries, I usually left off placing it.
Later on I realized (others telling me) that the average explorer couldn't get all of my harder markers.

Most ignore the warning given them they will need help! That it is a Multi-Explorer Quest Series! 8)

(I don't know with any certainty, but I think that is why 95% of the explorers that started playing it, quit before finishing "Vault Secrets".) So most failed the first puzzle test of pride and quit! Oh well! :roll:

The other part that stops most explorers is they stop with the idea to start again later, but lose their notes and forget what they had already learned.
They fall victim to the 2nd greatest puzzle test challenge, discouragement!

There is a reason behind the design and theme of the Quest Series that is tied into the over Open Source Age I have written and been developing since 2008.
It is to prepare those explorers who complete the Series to play The Planet Dragonia Ages!

The Quest Series Story line eventually reveals something of what they will be faced with and why they became those chosen and sifted for the journey quest at hand. Oh did I mention that Ages of Planet Dragonia is a multi-explorer game?
:evil: So obviously, explorers that can't work with others, probably wouldn't be very helpful to have along.

So I remade some Clue Quests, not all of them though, with all the required markers easier to get and harder markers made into confirmation markers. Confirmation markers became the reward for extra efforts made by explorers to get the really hard and really really hard markers. Yet, you didn't need them all to solve the puzzles, they just made it more expedient.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:38 am 
Obduction Backer

Thank you again for the explanation... we had no problems solving the puzzles so far but stopped playing since we got no reply from CrashOveride for a long time and simply had to move on to some other quests. In the meantime Kirk lost his only avatar of one year :( and we are still in the process of rebuilding it (getting there though).
However, we do have our notes and hope to continue with your quests at some point. There is 2 of us in the team but, as I have mentioned in one of my previous posts, we will team up with Elva, zftm and Colon if/when necessary. So it is 5 of us playing together :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:43 pm 
Obduction Backer

Kirk and I are still looking for new quest games, spiced with a few difficult jumps (but not too many). Jumps are ok if placed here in the game but we actually found out that hiding a marker makes a game more interesting than mere jumping...

Thank you Simon for the great new game and also thank you Michel (Mr Magic) for your magic game #7. We really enjoy playing your games. Keep them coming... And Mr Mouski... hope you find your muse soon... We love your games too.

Also, if someone is interested in Kirks' and mine Quest 1 and 2 please let us know. Quest #3 is on its way :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next