It is currently Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:32 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: The Cavern Post 2.0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:17 pm 
Obduction Backer

The Guild of Messengers is pleased to announce a new format for its magazine, The Cavern Post, known as The Cavern Post 2.0! Due to a lack of human resources and that precious thing called "time", we have decided to go for a lighter, web-based format to which anyone signed into the Guild of Messengers website can contribute as easily as writing a News post. This will hopefully get the content out to everyone faster...and nobody's article gets left in limbo.

Each Article is then examined by the magazine team, tweaked if necessary, then the final approval is given by the magazine editor (with Guild Masters as assistant editors for now) before it is published for all to read. We already have one article ready thank to Ahlisendar, so be sure to read it and leave comments!

NOTE: A print (PDF) version of the magazine may still be put out by the Guild if there is enough interest and enough articles down the line; it would just be more sporadic.

The magazine can now be viewed here or by clicking on the "Magazine" link at the top of our website. We at the Guild of Messengers hope you enjoy the new format and please tell us what you think!

Last edited by Lyrositor on Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:39 pm 

We look forward to hear your impressions on the layout! Do you have suggestions? Like, don't like?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:03 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

Great idea. Crowd-sourcing is in, time intensive assembly and distribution is out. With limited resources, this makes it more accessible for everyone with more efficient management and lower barriers.

My only question is how does one decide whether to make a news submission versus a magazine submission? They are now handled similarly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:13 pm 
Obduction Backer

Very cool; good interview!

Is it just the one article for now? I look forward to seeing more. I really appreciate this new format.

The visuals could use a bit of polish, but for a launch I don't see anything problematic. Nice work, everyone!

MOULa KI #32712
MOULa KI #23298
MOUL KI #35129
D'mala KI #74265
Gehn KI #10113

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:14 pm 

True. I am writing some submitting suggestions right now.
Basically, what goes on the front page is News and usually they are short articles that speak only about things related to the particular moment in time in which they are published. Like events, parties, new activities announcements, etc.

What goes on the Magazine pages are usually longer articles that have a proper "article structure", they don't necessarily have to talk about what's going on in this moment. They can be stories, interviews, letters, in-depth reports than what would go on the news side, etc.
They are more artistical, while simple News are purely functional to their purpose (screaming the news to the world)

EDIT: Deledrius, yes for now we are launching with one article, but for sure we will publish more! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:33 pm 

I am definitely a fan of the website, I even found the amazing Myst: BoA Comic as a result, so thank you for your post here. I will be checking the site regularly for updates.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:37 pm 
Obduction Backer

There it is ... I've said it already at one of the AGMs (AllGuildsMeetings) that I liked the idea
of a web-based magazine and sharing not only the treasures but also the responsibility and
continuity content-wise ... It is great in layout and style, it has a decent look and is pleasing
to the eye, very nice for clearly structured and neatly arranged and illustrated news contents ... :P

Kudos and thank you, Ahlisendar and dear Heather for this great and informative interview ...
What a wonderful and superb debut for this great new 'Cavern Post' appearance ... /thumbsup ... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:44 pm 
Obduction Backer

Wow, 56 reads already! Thanks, everyone!

To add an article, sign in to the main website, click the "Submit" button and choose "Article".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

To be honest I was very skeptical when the announcement of this went out at the AGM; but now that I've seen it on the site, there really isn't a difference between the versions. Aside from the less work involved, it's almost exactly the same (Well... minus D'ni-doku). :) Excellent work guys. *pulls out pen to ready another magazine article* :D

TOC#60089 DI#132103 MOULa is Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:19 pm 
Obduction Backer

Our latest article by our newest Messenger, NoorMax, is online! It's a new, IC type of article about Zandi and the beginning of Uri. Enjoy and comment (disclaimer: enjoyment of the aforementioned article is mandatory for all ages; no exceptions). :D

Link: http://www.guildofmessengers.com/en/mag ... ll-started

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:38 pm 
Obduction Backer

Awesome job, NoorMax, and invaluable introductory information and insights for
all 'newly called' explorers ... I'm looking forward to the sequels ... Thank you ... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:23 pm 
Obduction Backer

NoorMax has brought us the conclusion to his three-part series: http://www.guildofmessengers.com/en/magazine/journey-without-ending-part-3-ending-has-not-yet-been-written
Enjoy! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:43 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thanks, Lyros ... :P

Excellent job, Noormax, how you very creatively mastered to 'put together' a coherent narrative of so
many facts and facets of all of the events and along the chronological sequences in the history of the
Myst series and Uru ... You did that in a very eloquent, short and nevertheless all-encompassing way ...
What a treasure to have for all explorers, old and new ... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:27 pm 

Well Thank You most kindly Janaba! [blushes slightly] ... I really do appreciate that ...

But the credit must ALSO go to Doobes, Lyrositor & all at GoMe'z. Their editing
and additions [especially to the concluding part 3] made it all so much better.
So a Big Thank You, guys!

/ max /

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

Max's latest article is out! It recaps events of the past few weeks and details the Water Polo match; you can read it here.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next