It is currently Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:27 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Ragupki's Riddle Hunt
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:41 pm 
Obduction Backer

I created a short puzzle marker game. If you are interested, send me a message on KI 05227280 or ask some people around.
Here's a link where you should submit your answers: http://calluin.wz.cz/RRH.html
Post your feedback here, I would be happy to read it.

Last edited by Ragupki on Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:08 pm 
Obduction Backer

I am interested, thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:48 pm 
Obduction Backer

Since there appears to be some confusion about solving the riddles, here's how it works. You find a marker (or markers), it gives you a puzzle and you submit the answer to the website above (except the Relto introduction, which serves as pre-start instructions). The site will give you a clue where the next location is. So if you, for example, run across a marker saying "A box without hinges, key, or lid, / yet golden treasure inside is hid.", you go to the website and submit "egg". The website then tells you "go where the blue and red pages used to be" and you go to Myst island for the next puzzle.

There are not many marker locations, so there is no point in mindless searching, the clues should always lead you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:02 pm 
Obduction Backer

Thank you for the game but the link above doesn't work - blank page :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:12 pm 
Obduction Backer

ZestyOfXeniphers wrote:
Thank you for the game but the link above doesn't work - blank page :(

What browser are you using? It works for me and some other folks too. What does the source code say? Maybe you haven't noticed the small text field and the button?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:37 pm 
Obduction Backer

It is working now.
Please clarify - when we find a first marker we post its text into the text field and then click on the button? is that how it works?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:46 pm 
Obduction Backer

No, you don't post the marker text, just an answer to it. First you go to Relto, read the markers and go where they send you. Then, upon getting each marker puzzle, you figure out the answer, post it in the text field and click on the button :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:06 pm 
Obduction Backer

hm that sounds difficult since we have to be precise right? but we will try :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:29 pm 
Obduction Backer

ZestyOfXeniphers wrote:
hm that sounds difficult since we have to be precise right? but we will try :)

Answers are case-insensitive. Don't worry, the challenge is not about presenting the right input, it's about finding the correct answer :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:45 pm 

Hi everyone,

2 days ago, Christine and I were wandering in Ae'gura. All of a sudden, a player whom i don't even know, pm'ed me this: 'Hello to the Musicologists'. Of course, it caught my attention and i stopped right away.

We chatted for a moment and he asked if i was interested in playing his riddle game.
I immediately replied: 'Send it please, i will play it with Christine'.

Marker quest was dated july 29th, so it was brand new.
The adventure begins in Relto. The first markers give us a clue in order to get the next one(s). Markers also mentions a URL to go to to submit our answer in order to get the location of other markers. I thought that it was a great idea, something i haven't encountered yet. Very refreshing and something out of the box, exactly the kind of quest i would most certainly enjoy.

So, we went to a place to collect the next marker(s). When we read the text, we were litterally amazed and speechless ! The riddle was presented in such a beautiful way. Phrasing used was poetic and metaphoric at the same time. At this very moment, we knew we had just embarked on a journey of pure delight for the eyes (reading the text) and for the brain (figuring out the answer).

And it went on and on. We just couldn't stop playing it.
Ragupki went a step further with a certain clue given to locate the next marker(s). When we saw the text after submitting our answer, we just laughed outloud. This guy has a sense of humor and, in my book, is a real genius !

If you haven't yet had the chance to play his game, we STRONGLY suggest you give it a shot. You will simply LOVE it !
We haven't yet finished the game but we know for a fact that we will enjoy every word written from this guy as we go further.

Ragupki, BRAVO !!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:35 pm 
Obduction Backer

With this much praise coming from MrMouski, I am flattered beyond perfection :-) Thank you and I am delighted that you enjoy it this much. It is certainly a motivation to make something bigger and more polished.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:03 pm 
Obduction Backer

Looking forward to play your game Ragupki. Need to finish the game I am playing and then I will start playing yours. :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:38 pm 

OK Ragupki, we have been on the 4th riddle for about 3 days now, have had numerous people helping us and have input close to 200 words that we feel may connect with the riddle with absolutely no results. We've also searched the net for anything that we may feel would connect, but of course, that is no help thus far. Is there any further hint you can give us because we are going bonkers? I'm about ready to give up. Sure I can run around the ages to find the other markers and TRY to move on but then this one will always be hanging out there.

Heart

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:49 pm 
Obduction Backer

Okay, I don't want to keep all of the solvers stuck because of some possible wrong linguistics or vague metaphors. I just wonder what words have you tried, can you give me some examples? Often I see people desperately trying anything they think vaguely connects with the riddle, but when you think about these solutions and, for a little while, consider them right, they don't make much sense. Also try to put yourself in my place. Reflecting on the previous riddles, would you really expect this solution to be some weird half-reference to some blur in a hidden Myst journal? :-) This game has a certain philosophy or direction if you will, try not to drift away by trying to see what's not there.
[spoiler]Now, let's look at those metaphors. The first verse suggests that there are several objects and they are hardy, sturdy, which means they are either difficult to move/destroy or their purpose is to endure something. The second verse suggests that they are fixed to some underlayment. The third verse suggests that this underlayment is a "giant mast". Vertical at least... The fourth verse does not need much explanation. Try to imagine what looks like a "narrow noose". It's nothing obscure. [/spoiler]
Maybe you feel that answers like "branches of a tree" could be correct. But why should they have their heads bound, that does not make sense. If you keep guessing with more and more vague interpretations, you can't get to the solution, because you obviously missed it early and you'll only keep drifting away. Anyway, I'm sorry about not evaluating the riddles' difficulty properly. Obviously the early ones were easy and this one is very difficult. Hopefully it will get more consistent next time :-)

I hope the hint will nudge you in the right direction :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:44 pm 
PM me the riddle and I'll reply with some suggestions.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next