It is currently Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:28 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:44 pm 

LOL Ragupki....Obviously you are seeing the answers that I am entering in order to say to me the "branch" reference or that some of them are just words thrown in there. In the beginning it was well thought out possible solutions. When it seemed that your riddle's solution was REACHING a bit, THEN I started throwing in others suggestions, ridiculous or not. We've certainly had a lot of people evaluating this from many sides and have not come up with a solution for this riddle. So keep in mind that by the second or third day and many hours spent pondering it we start using anything and everything in hopes to hit on the correct answer so that we can move on.

P.S. on the 'branches, trees, forest' reference .....it was easy to conclude that the close connections of trees and intertwining of leaves, branches, foliage, etc could be construed as "heads with narrow nooses bound."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:00 am 

These are the words tried by Heart's group:
acorn(s), apple(s), army/ies, bacteria, banana(s), bat(s), beard(s), beech(es), beech nut(s), berry/ies, bone(s), brig(s), bush(es), cable(s), christmas tree(s), cob web(s), coconut(s), column(s), corpse(s), crop(s), dead, descendant(s), dog(s), electric line(s), electricity, electricity line(s), executioner(s), fence(s), fense(s), fire(s), flag(s), flower(s), forest(s), fruit(s), fur, gaia, gaea, gallow(s), garden(s), grape(s), grape vine(s), grass, grass blade(s), green grape(s), grove(s), hair(s), hanging(s), hangman/en, hemp, hemp rope(s), idea(s), leaf/ves, line(s), lettuce(s), mandragora, mandrake, marionette(s), mellon(s), mondragora, mountain(s), orchard(s), pennant(s), pinecone(s), plant(s), pole(s), power cable(s), power line(s), power wire(s), prisoner(s), raisin(s), rigging, root(s), rope(s), sail(s), sailor(s), seaman/en, ship(s), shrub(s), slave(s), spider web(s), telephone line(s), telephone pole(s), telephone wire(s), tent(s), tent pole(s), tomato(s), tomatoe(s), transformer(s), tree(s), trellis, vegetable(s), vine(s), vin(e)yard, virus(es), web(s), weed(s), wife/ves, wine(s), wire(s), wood(s), yard(s), yardarm(s)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:11 pm 
Obduction Backer

I am not seeing the answers nor am I in any way collecting them.

Also, the answers by Heart's group do not make much sense to me. Focus on their heads bound with narrow nooses first, these are, in my opinion, most important. It's not about guessing an obscure object or finding something in the cavern or searching Myst lore, the object(s) are pretty common and there's a good chance you have them very close right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:28 pm 

Ok, after trying 342 answers, and not having any idea what looks like a narrow noose, I am done with this riddle. Good luck and abandon all hope, ye who try to answer this riddle.

Last edited by PeterC on Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:32 pm 
Guys, PM me the riddle and I'll have a crack at answering it.

Post subject: Riddle
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:59 pm 

Sorry. I removed my post. Will send a PM to Dlord.

Post subject: Uglygog Has the answer !
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:44 am 

We are pleased to announce that after a few days and hours of intense suffering UGLYDOG found the answer to riddle number 4 :D

Bravissimo Ugly you advanced the schmilblick !.....

UGLY DESERVES Applause from everyone !

Cheers to you ! :!: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:57 pm 

hi after two days of banging mine and my buddies against a brick wall (ouch!) WE Colon, Elva, zftm have got the dreaded 4th clue! Whoopee!! Good luck guys. We are so happy. Phew! Thanks Ragupki for stretching our imaginations with your puzzle please keep them coming, it is so refreshing and challenging.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

Congratulations to all solvers, was it luck, wits or the last hint? :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:07 pm 

Hi it was wits, brainstorming and headbanging! Take care.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:59 pm 
I'm still stumped. Then again, I haven't had the convenience of the other riddles, so I don't know how to think about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:40 am 
Obduction Backer

There seems to be no progress, what's the problem, folks?

Post subject: Stuck on riddle #5
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:20 pm 

Hi, how about a hint for riddle number 5. Sent you PM, but not sure it went through.
Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:07 pm 
Obduction Backer

Sorry, I was away for a week. I almost lost hope that someone is still working on it :-) Here's a clue.

The cannon fired downwards. The D'ni didn't know of any consequences, so there must have been no visible damage or effects. Try searching deeper, you may have to travel ALL the way down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:01 pm 
Obduction Backer

Alright, a big clue :-) Sorry for straining you for so long, you're almost at the end!

Since the cannon wielded destructive force, you should look for some bad consequences, right? Maybe some kind of damage or disturbance. In the line of fire, of course, which was more or less precisely down. Imagine the D'ni cave and travel downwards, to the ground. Unfortunately, no one has been that deep and you have virtually no clue of finding out what has happened along that line. Except for one place. But it is important that you go ALL the way down. Okay, I don't mean to the end of the universe, but as I said, there is one place along that line that is not beyond reach. As I said, more or less down from the D'ni. You know where the D'ni is, right?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next