It is currently Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:37 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:05 am 
Obduction Backer

Shorah,

As promised, here is the low-down for custom cursor functionality with Mac browsers:

Mac Safari: default custom cursor works :); standard link rollover custom cursor works :); imagemap rollover custom cursor doesn't work :(; sound on/off rollover custom cursor works :)
    Mac Firefox: default custom cursor works :); standard link rollover custom cursor works :); imagemap rollover custom cursor works :); sound on/off rollover custom cursor works :)
    Mac Chrome: default custom cursor doesn't work :(; standard link rollover custom cursor works :); imagemap rollover custom cursor doesn't work :(; sound on/off rollover custom cursor works :)
    Mac Opera: no custom cursors work :( :( :( :(

Bottom line: as with Windows, Firefox for Mac will let you use the familiar Uru cursors pretty much everywhere (so is the browser of choice if this is important for your Relto Library experience).**

**Note: The newest versions of Mac Firefox automatically start in 64-bit mode, which is very buggy. You will want to change this to automatically start up in 32-bit mode
[spoiler=Here is how:]
Go to Applications -> Firefox -> highlight Firefox -> click File -> Get Info -> tick the Open in 32-bit mode checkbox, restart Firefox[/spoiler]

Last edited by Ainia on Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:48 am 
And this proves definitively that Firefox is the best browser in the world. :D

Post subject: Relto Library updated
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:35 pm 
Obduction Backer

Shorah everyone,

Just a quick post to let you know that I've finally finished updating the fourth library bookshelf in the Relto hut. So now all the DRC journals and material are available for your enjoyment!

Inspired by Tweek's recent artwork, I am in the process of working up an art gallery for displaying his works. Stay tuned for progress (though it likely will take a little while as I have a number of other activities and projects vying for my attention too).

In the meanwhile, feedback and suggestions are always welcome. Enjoy!!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:05 pm 
Obduction Backer

Shorah again,

This is just a heads-up that I've added a new journal (Hidden History of D'ni) to the library and have updated a few other minor things (including fixing a broken link). Heather's Book of Atrus and my Cleft Location Journal have also been updated (which I do from time to time as new material is available/added).

The art gallery is still in the works. I will post here when a link to it has been added to the library.

Enjoy!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:33 am 
Obduction Backer

Shorah again,

I've added several new books to the library, with at least a dozen more in the works.

Let me know if I broke anything with this update (I've already found and fixed a few broken links but may have missed some too).

Enjoy!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:01 pm 
Obduction Backer

Hello, Ainia, everything works fine for me so far ... It is always a pleasure again to explore your Relto and the extensive library ... Today, I also finally found 'Breldur' ... I have to admit that I don't remember if I've seen it the last time (a couple of weeks ago) already though ... :P

There is only one link that didn't work for me, it is the link from the 'Relto clock' back to the 'Relto link in' point ... I wonder if we already or at some point in the future are supposed to walk to that clock and onto the islands platform and if you intend to present some more relics or ancient D'ni artifacts over there someday ... However, thanks Ainia, what a fantastic job... :D

Edit: I'd like to add that I'm using Firefox on a Win7 64bit OS, which might be an important information for you as a webmaster and for your statistics ... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:05 pm 
Obduction Backer

Ainia, the last time I visited there were still a few glitches on the home page - but now it's clean, and much faster (for me at least - maybe it's always been fast for others).

The collection of information, the presentation and attention to detail are all quite outstanding. Greatest respect. (And I'll get that Teledahn report to you as soon as real life stops getting in the way) :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:29 pm 

Ainia,
Where is your website you have mentioned about All Things URU

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:06 am 
Obduction Backer

Just click on Ainia's signature, Nicole ... :D

Post subject: Thanks for the feedback!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:32 am 
Obduction Backer

Shorah janaba1!

Thanks for finding that linking bug--I will fix it tonight or tomorrow morning. :)

You are correct, I didn't leave the Breldur journal on my Relto desk until yesterday, when I added the other books to the shelves. But I'm glad you found it again!

Yes, I have *big* plans for the outdoor areas in my Relto. I added the board flooring to the islands so I could display larger artifacts there. And yes, I hope to have the walkways out to the clock working some day... in all my spare time!! :D

Artifact contributions are welcome; if any of you find something rare or interesting in the Cavern or Ages, keep me in mind! If all goes well, this will be both a library and a museum some day!

And the Nexus *still* is broken... so much to do!!

Post subject: Thanks for the feedback!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:54 am 
Obduction Backer

Shorah Muttley and Nicoleleigh,

AlanD, I'm not sure what might have been glitching for you on the home page as I haven't made changes there in quite a while. But there's a redirect pointing to it that I've noticed can sometimes be a bit slow--perhaps the server on a bad day??

Nicoleleigh, I do hope you've found your way to the Relto library. Visitor comments and feedback are always welcome!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:24 am 
Obduction Backer

On further investigation the issue is still present, but slow to manifest. I don't have Quicktime installed, and the home page needs it. The plugin warning pushes the graphics out of the way and makes it difficult for me to hit the right button.

Post subject: More library updates
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:40 am 
Obduction Backer

Shorah AlanD,

Hmm, I'm not sure what about the home page requires QuickTime as it's a pretty simple page (but there are a few javascripts that are called, so perhaps it's one of them...). Would you be able to gather a bit more information so I can troubleshoot this? A screenshot or two of the behavior and the pop-up/warning would be helpful.

Also, what browser/version/platform are you using? I haven't been able to test all the numerous combinations for functionality, but thus far, Firefox has scored the best (see earlier posts here) in both Windows and OSX (don't know about Linux...). If you are using an older browser, this could be contributing to the behavior you are seeing.

---

And on a cheerier note, there are more books added in the Relto hut! Enjoy!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:47 am 
Obduction Backer

Windows XP Pro 2002 SP3
Firefox 19.0.2
javascript is enabled

On the home page, when I mouseover the All Things Uru banner, Relto book or Music on/off button the plugin warning comes up. Now I find I can't repeat the steps that got me the warning about Quicktime: all I get is the plugin warning and a prompt to "Manage Plugins".

The plugins that are disabled are shown below.

I've a feeling it is to do with sound: I'm certainly not getting any sound from the home page or anywhere else

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:08 am 
Obduction Backer

Yes, it is the QuickTime plugin, that was very simple to detect ... I just deactivated it and everything went silent with showing me the same 'This plugin is disabled' hint ... then I enabled it again and everything is immediately back ... :P

There are two mp3 files embedded which you can see in your context menue entry 'Show page information' and then under 'Media' (in FF), but that isn't important here ... I now wonder where the problem for you might be, Muttley ... Why don't you just install the QuickTime plugin and you'd be set to enjoy all the sounds and bells and whistles around the internet ? ... :)

But in general he's right, the missing plugin affects the graphics on the first page in a way that they're being pushed around with the mouse movement ... when you arrive on Relto everything's ok again ... I don't know if you could do sth about that for those that don't want to hear sounds on the internet and thus missing the plugins for a correct usage and interaction of the contents ... Maybe someone else knows, because there must be a solution like anchoring the graphics in a special way or with a special Java Script or so ... Ok, you are the webmaster ... Good luck, Ainia ... :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next