It is currently Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:21 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:06 pm 
Obduction Backer

Other sites must be using something different to play mp3's because I've not had this warning before. I try not to proliferate plugin installations, they can interact oddly, so would only install Quicktime if needed. Ainia wanted me to demonstrate the problem so I've left things as they are.

It's curious that it shows the plugin as disabled rather than missing. There is no separate plugin - I'd need to install QuickTime, which I have no other use for at present.

Post subject: Home page redone
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:32 am 
Obduction Backer

Shorah AlanD,

I haven't had time to track down the sound conflict/issue you seem to be experiencing (maybe some time this weekend...??), but I did rearrange the visuals on the home page. Please test it for me and see if things still rearrange themselves or if it appears more stable.

(It's always *soooo* much fun trying to troubleshoot these things... :evil: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:40 am 
Obduction Backer

The home page is now easier to view as the plugin warning appears on the right and doesn't disturb the other graphics. (click on image to expand)

The warning now appears when I mouse over almost any part of the home page. It flickers off and back on as the cursor moves between regions, but there is no region where the warning does not pop up. There is still no sound for me on the home page, or anywhere else in ATU. The plugin warning does not show up on any other page though. I do get a warning when trying to use the bahro stones, but in this case it says there is no plugin , not that it's disabled.

The home page is the one place where the toolbar does not pop up when I mouse down to the bottom of the screen. I don't know if that's connected to the problem or not.

Unfortunately I will be away from the net and indeed from electricity over the Easter weekend. Taking my wife to a LARP - her usual transport and business partner is away. I don't LARP and will be a poor sort of camp-follower, not allowed on the field of play as I have no costume. I'm taking lots of books :)

Post subject: Wildlife updates!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:49 am 
Obduction Backer

Shorah all,

I have been working on the museum part of my Relto and we now have several new zoological and botanical specimens added. I have been collecting D'ni artifacts as well, though they are taking much longer to restore for display.

Enjoy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:20 am 
Obduction Backer

Wow!!! 'AllthingsUru' is becoming more and more alive and beautiful, an absolute delight and fun to explore, Ainia ... :P

The links are all working correctly all around Relto ... now one can really take a whole tour, inside and outside, and what an amazing historical and cultural treasure chest you're preserving there for us all to dig into while being surrounded by an authentical and familiar ambience and atmosphere ... Awesome job, thanks, Ainia ... :D

In case you're interested, I've Java deactivated in my FF and everything's working perfectly well and smooth ... :)

Post subject: Thanks!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:10 pm 
Obduction Backer

Shorah janaba1,

Thanks for the information about Java, it's always helpful to get feedback about how things are working for others.

And I'm glad you enjoy the new additions!! :D

(P.S. Now you can pet them!! :D :D )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:35 pm 
Obduction Backer

Haha ... lovely ... :D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:16 am 
Obduction Backer

Shorah everyone,

Excellent news, the D'ni artifacts have been restored and are on display in the museum! Suggestions for additional artifacts are always welcome. :D

As always, please let me know if anything doesn't work.

Enjoy!! :) :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:20 pm 
Obduction Backer

Congatulations, Ainia!!! This is just the awesomeness ... that this is even possible to explore Relto on the surface through a browser, but to even have it completely explorable that way and being so substantially extended in such a wide-ranging and astonishing way as it could or might have been intended in the first place as the real home for the D'ni descendants to relax and contemplate between extensive explorations ... This is a 'must-see-and-explore' for every Myst and Uru explorer and enthusiast ... :P

As for the functionality, I believe I've used all the links available and did it successfully, and this also comprises the hotspots for the artifacts in the museum and the islands, the wildlife as well as the library contents ... For me, everything is working absolutely smooth, stable and perfect as it should, as far as I can tell by now ... Fantastic job, Ainia, thank you very much ... :D

Post subject: Thanks janaba1!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:46 pm 
Obduction Backer

Shorah and many thanks janaba1! You are now the official beta tester for my Relto library and museum!! :D Such testing is enormously helpful as it's quite easy to break things during an update (and although I try to test thoroughly, it's always possible I'll miss something).

:D :D

Post subject: Watson's laptop!
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 6:15 am 
Obduction Backer

Shorah again,

With the kind cooperation of T-Squared, I have borrowed the Watson laptop he acquired this past December. I have begun examining it in my Relto Library; I hope to clone the hard drive and then find someone to analyze the contents (I am *not* a computer geek, unfortunately). T has already mentioned that he found some email archives and a couple of old computer games there. I am hoping there might be some old DRC restoration records there as well.

Very exciting indeed! (and Help Wanted!--any volunteers??)

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:28 am 
Obduction Backer

Shorah everyone,

Just a quick note to say the library bookshelves are even more full! Happy reading! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:14 pm 
Obduction Backer

It is almost unbelievable ... I think you must've covered them all now, almost if not all journals available through the Myst series and many Uru jounals and historical treasures provided by Cyan as well as by explorers ... All those beautiful, shiny books are stacked up in there into the shelves vertically and horizontally on top of the others ... What a splendid view to look at ... :P

I just read Sirrus' Journal ... Oh my, poor guy ... Yeah, it's so sad somehow, how he's desperately trying to persevere and to get out of there, and his pondering and wondering why and how this all came about etc. ...

And there's the 'Myst Code Book' ... I don't remember this one ... Did anybody ever gave all those codes on 302 pages into the plate in the fireplace? ... :shock:

When I turned around I was surprised by another awesomeness ... The infamous DRC notebook was brightly laughing at me, almost inviting me to look into it and browse its contents, but that isn't possible yet ... :)

What I'd like to ask is if it was intended to remove the Relto book and KI pop-up at the bottom of the page ... I mean it isn't needed atm as the Nexus is still under contruction anyways, so, just asking ... Everything else is still working perfectly well ...

It is however again and again absolutely great to have all this beautifully put together in one place ... Thanks Ainia, what an awesome job, contribution and legacy ... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:33 pm 
Obduction Backer

Hi Ainia:

In reply to Watson's laptop - I'd be happy to help, just as soon as I've finished the first stage of the Teledahn report. At least it won't involve me climbing the crumbling rock faces and slogging damp and muddy through overgrown 'shroom plantations.

As far as All Things Uru goes: excellent additions to an already unmatched collection. Your library is an essential reference source for all interested in the history of the cavern and the events that have lead us there and draw us back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 6:01 pm 

Thanks Ainia,

This is really Great! What a treasure of information, super job!
I would be honored if you would consider my poetry (on this forum)
worthy enough to be included beside that of Anglemyst.
There are two posts; one is the Story Poem "the Gift" (multiple sections) from story night in Kirel, the second is "Poems from the Cavern". Both by yours truly :D
Thank you

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next