It is currently Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:16 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1059 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 71  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fan Content
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:54 pm 

Quote:
Karkadann may have gotten the impression that I've dropped out of the fanbase lately, that I've got so much else I have to do that I cannot continue work on Sevkor. I am sorry if our messages gave that impression

Naw I just meant I would understand if you did, things are getting a little bit weird here lately .
You hafta weight out the pro's and con's and decide what is best for you.
Just like the rest of us.

E=mc2
Energy = Milk x Coffee Squared

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:56 pm 
Obduction Backer

Oh no, the Uru video at Mysterium had some sort of a Maintainer's nexus in it for fan ages... hopefully Sevkor isn't ruled out for MOULa inclusion??

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:13 pm 

Sevcor is still a possibility however its Cyan's call to make

In the mean time I'm working on a Max file with all the useful Avatar animations used in Age writing.
Im trying to set it up with the AV animations synchronized with the object animation, so all you have to do for an example is merge all the FloorLever mesh and component into your Max file. You can export to test and you will have a working floor lever, from their you can go back into Max and customize it accordingly add animation and your own unique style. Its an alternative to setting everything up from scratch every time.

it includes the button or lever mesh and its animation, the oneshot Avatar animation and its dummy, region and region sensor, and the responder, for about a dozen different avatar animations, everything you need just merge, add your animation, and your own personal touches

if there is any one out their using Max and is interested let me know

E=mc2

Last edited by Karkadann on Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:00 pm 
Creative Kingdoms

There are several possibilities, which may be a nice position to be in. I'm sure you'll hear more from the artists involved. Then finally Cyan will have a preference for how to structure the implementation into MOULa.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:39 pm 

as far as the Max file from my previous post I found a few more Avatar animations then I originally knew about and a better way to set up the animated objects associated, The way I was using worked, but it uses delay in the responders, instead of including the delay in the actual animation. So Im gonna redo the all the animations. :shock:

or perhaps editing them would be easier :?

E=mc2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:06 am 

So...

Did we ever hear any more about whether or not Sevkor is still a thing that's happening?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:32 pm 

Things have been pretty quite for a while, I personally have not heard anything as far as a "yes or no" is concerned so its still (I assume) a possibility. Although Im still waiting to do my part with Sevcor and have not heard from Matt for a while. All I do have is the first draft of the age, its his work and I don't wanna violate his trust by publishing or altering it with out him being directly involved.

Im sure he'll let us know when he's ready

E=mc2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:51 am 

Cool. Good enough for me. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:43 am 

..totally self-serving bump. Having been a part of the initial concept of this Age, I am still hoping the anti-establishment clubhouse I once envisioned as 'the doghouse' is a contender for inclusion... so I thought I'd bump this thread to ask....

Now that there's a 'pipeline' in place with the intent to include some fan-content.. what's the likelihood that this concept of Sevkor, as a fan-nexus, is still in the running?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:32 am 

HarveyMidnight wrote:
..totally self-serving bump. Having been a part of the initial concept of this Age, I am still hoping the anti-establishment clubhouse I once envisioned as 'the doghouse' is a contender for inclusion... so I thought I'd bump this thread to ask....

Now that there's a 'pipeline' in place with the intent to include some fan-content.. what's the likelihood that this concept of Sevkor, as a fan-nexus, is still in the running?

No one that I know of has heard from Matt since his last post in this thread, im still waiting for Sevcor, although their are two other Nexus in the running they have both hit a few stumbling blocks with the coding, Sevcor was simply gonna have book stands something we could have done by now.

He has not said any thing one way or another, I believe Sevcor is still in the running and although its much larger then it needs to be, the coding involved is easily doable unlike the fan nexus which no one seems to be able to figure out.

realistically speaking if fan age do happen here it aint gonna be for a long time, and this time Cyan is not at fault for the delay

E=mc2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:41 am 
Obduction Backer

Personally I don't see Sevkor in the picture anymore, Matt hasn't been heard of in ages and focus on the gateway project has been on the Maintainter Nexus access point. Now in the future Matt could pop up and finish Sevkor and it could be added in with the other fan Ages but it most likely wouldn't be as the place to access fan content.

As for the Maintainer Nexus access point. It's not a case of no one can figure out the "fan nexus" figuring it out isn't the problem at all. It's having a enough free time to get the coding done that is the issue.

As I've said before the only thing holding us up at the moment is the scripting for the Maintainer Nexus access point. Once that's in place there is already a few places that are MOUL compatible that can be released along side it (Vorthol Gallery, Fehnir's House, Doobes' GoMe Pub).

The content like Rebek, Kalamee, Pento, Kahlo, and so forth...that is content that's a fair way off and will take time. Not just because some of the Ages are huge and require a lot of building but also because we have to build new features for the game engine or find away around (Kalamee requires an inventory of sorts for example, which doesn't exist in the MOUL engine).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:35 pm 

So the new Ages comes in few months or weeks? :roll:

Code:
A3'9UR4

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:00 pm 

At this point there is no set date, it could be days, weeks, months, or years.
Keep in mind its being done by volunteers.

Personally I would have preferred to be working on the library which was the original concept for fan age's but most of the team preferred the maintainers nexus over a fan age library, but no one said life was fair. I find my self scrambling around trying to find something I can do in the mean time and feeling like im being a general nuisance because my part originally might not even happen :?

So as it stands it looks like we might end up getting the Maintainers nexus and some fan ages up first, hopefully that will encourage more people to submit there ages for inclusion and then if where lucky and we have enough people willing to volunteer their time we might get some of the Cyan ages finished.

Murphy law
the short cut is always a mine field

E=mc2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:11 pm 

Where I can play the beta of Dirt: Uru Live?

Code:
A3'9UR4

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:53 pm 
Obduction Backer

TGMChrist. wrote:
So the new Ages comes in few months or weeks? :roll:

Pushy...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1059 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 71  Next