It is currently Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:43 am

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Jalak Gems
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:21 pm 

Well after many months and much exploring, I have completed Gems!!
The most demanding quest so far. I am jumping for joy and crazy impatient for the next quest!
Thank you, face in puddle man, for teaching me how to do combo jumps.
Thank you, Annabelle for the teaching and marker quests that got me through this.
Thank you, Goren for the unending hours of questing partnership!
And, of course, to Jahmen, my grandest hurrah's! for the best challenge I have so far enjoyed!!
You insane, wonderfully devious Avvie.

Lyyne
marker maniac in training.

Post subject: Feedback
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:11 pm 

Lyneesa aka Lyyne, Thank you for playing, as well as posting here.

We felt you should know that you are the first explorer in a long time to have broken through the "Jalak Gems" Clue Quest on into the "ROCKS" Clue Quest. We believe the Journal Quest Reward Story starts to get good at about this point.

We felt we should post to the effect that Jalak Gems is and was the hardest of all the CLue Quests, because during the Real Time Live running of the Quest Series, explorers were in pairs and teams progressing faster than we had expected them to. So we made Jalak Gems hard or with more puzzles and content to slow them down to allow us more time to create and build the next Clue Quests.

Note: We decided to put back up the "ROCKS" Clue Quest's Helper page at the www.PlanetDragonia.com website with the warning HERE that it is a SPOILER Quest help. We intend eventually to build and use Spoiler & Hints Buttons on the websites help Page, but that might never be gotten to anytime soon and so . . .
Simply explained, the Website help page will have ALL the content pages contained within the Watcher Pubs Notebooks labeled out according to that "ROCKS" game Puzzle.

Post subject: Rocks!!!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:49 pm 

YaHOOOOOOOOO
Onward to Kirel Lights
Bring it on!
Lyyne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:49 pm 

Jahmen's Quest Series of Story and Puzzle Clue Quests has been completed.
Completed Date: April 18, 2013 and is now in Review by Explorers Playing through it.
The Quest Series has been a 2 year project to create and make the Story line and Clue Quest Puzzle content.

The Clue Quests are being refined and improved according the Explorer Feedback being received.
The general nature of the Multi-player Quest Series experience and original interactive theme is being reworked
over time into a more stream line playing experience to be less difficult for explorers.

The Quest Series noted difficulties with players disconnect due to Ki messaging delays not being received by the NP (Named Player) Hosts designated for the Q&A / puzzle answer sessions for receiving explorer submissions .
The loss of explorers playing through the Quest from this has created great disappointment with explorers and myself..
We endeavor to fix the Series playability through better interactivity though.
I want to thank all explorers for playing, even thouse who tried and gave up or was a victim of the Ki glitch troubles.

~Jahmen Myst~

Post subject: City Lights!
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:44 am 

Wow!
Many, many markers!
Not as much magic needed as I expected!
Thank You Magicbot!
waiting for reply for Q&A
This Quest Series is A GREAT TIME!
Jahmans Journal Quests are the best time I have had in Uru.
Lyneesa aka Lyyne

PS: No matter how hard you try, you will need quest buddy(s)
But it is icing on the cake y'all!

My Quest buddies: Mysty Waterlilly and froglet
Thanks guys!

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:40 pm 

Lyyne aka Lyneesa aka Taadpole, we received the Ki request today for the Q & A.
We sent it back for you with Questions. :D

Also, froglet sent us his excel file review of City Lights. :shock: Our preliminary review indicates everything appeared correct, but we will need some time to go over everything to check everything is right for certain. A minor formality.
Then we will send the last of Jahmen's Story Journals 10, 11 & 12. 8) I-Spy edited versions.
Additionally, :roll: if you got enough of the Spy code markers right, we will send you the original journals un-edited by Spy.
Then you will have all of the Story Journals to read unencumbered.

Thank you and all those who played along with you to help you get through the entire Jahmen's Quest Series of Clue and Story Quests. You and froglet have been great about helping to find typos and errors for us to fix to make all the Clue Quest better for those who will follow.

P. S. We are still trying to figure out a better way to host the Series to make it easier for those playing to get from one clue Quest to the next faster with less hassle or waiting.

P. P. S. We were apprehensive when the marker count reached 300 markers and realized there happen to be a lot of lights in the City!

Best Regards, Jahmen Myst

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:31 pm 

Jahmen,

Well, thank you for a great challenging series.
I think Lyyne and I are the first to complete the series?
Many months of FUN!! Thanks Again!
BUT, I am of the opinion that;
the ending has not yet been written..........
the journals? Really?
Not to give anything away, but.........................ROTFL!!
Your friend Goren (and froglet) :P

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:38 am 

My Thank You! To Lyrositor for creating and making the Marker Editor Available to me, even if it has since stopped working with the new client update 1.918. Hopefully in time I can get a working copy again to do the final editing of my Quest Series to fix errors and improve it.

When I started out building my Quest Series, it took 40 to 60 hours or more to create a single Quest. This didn't include the time spent finding and testing out cool places to put the markers as a challenge factor or thinking up and writing story or puzzles. Just to build a Quest took that long.

Entering in all the marker text into the markers by way of the Ki edit screen was a nightmare!
I worked out the math for how many mouse clicks it took to make a Quest. A Quest could take around 10,000 mouse clicks to reach each marker to enter in all the text! Counting any redo for text mistakes or edit corrections!
Basically, with each marker you had to click past all previous markers to reach the next. Text marker 24 took 23 clicks, plus 1 to reach, so with each increased marker number the clicks required to reach the next marker was exponential.
I quickly realized too Build my Quest Series would require a scroll Ki edit Screen solution.
Enter the scroll hot key to scroll the Ki Quest edit mode screen. Took me a few weeks to figure out how to get a scroll hot key to work. Even so, it was still very time consuming to build my Quests!

It wasn't until the advent of the Marker Editor that made possible the ability to edit and build marker text with my Quests more straight forward to do. Simply put, when marker Quests average 100 plus or more markers, entering marker text into the markers through the in-game Ki edit screen is insanely labor intensive in both time and physical mouse clicks required.
The Marker Editor is what made making Quests of any sophistication possible. Period!
With out it, I doubt I would have completed my Quest Series!

Just a hats off to you Lyrositor for an indispensable Quest making tool.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2