It is currently Sun Sep 20, 2020 5:43 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:11 pm 

angelmyst wrote:
sorry I do not know the connection so your comment is lost on me.

That's fine. :) I made the statement that listening to She Wolf and reading a thread was a bad idea since it made me cry. The same effect occurred here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:12 pm 

Well sorry that you cried...but not. It is showing me that the story is evoking feeling...and that is good news for a writer.

KI #03313934

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:16 am 

Don't be, good writers do that to the reader. :)
I often amount writers and the books they have written as age writers and descriptive books; their imagination and storytelling strikes me as the requirement for age writing, it is the reader's imagination that links us to their Ages.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:48 am 

16/11/10
I am heading back to the orchard today. I need to do something about what happened over there if I can. I have to make a few plans for safety. I only saw one animal, but that does not mean there are not more. I wish I had a weapon of sorts, but there are some things in the hut's kitchen that I can use.
I have figured that the Jalak book must be behind the gate that led to the hives, but how to get the gate open? It must be triggered by something but at this point I have no idea what.
I hope to only stay there for the morning....if nothing goes wrong I will update when I return, for I dare not take the time over there to be messing on my KI.

I re-read through the journal I had found. The animal is definitely a threat. The people who were here had encountered it before but had managed to kill the one that had made it into the age. A small rug on the floor by one of the beds is the skin! Since I see no weapons, I am assuming that my knife/spear may be sufficient. There is mention in the last entry of the rain and a 'stranger'. Did they leave on the 11th? How did they manage to move about without my seeing or hearing them? Where did they go? When will they return? Too many questions, I must find answers.

KI #03313934

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:59 pm 

17/11/10

After some thought I decided to face the problem head on. I am most certain that the animal I encountered came from the age to the West, the one that looked very wild. I was able to make a spear of sorts with a knife from the kitchen and the handle of a broom. It feels quite heavy and I have been practicing throwing it and swinging it. I also tucked a couple other smaller knives into a holder that I made with a leather-like apron I found. I am not at all looking forward to this but if these ages are going to be safe for others I have to do it.
I am packing some vegetables to keep me for three days. I hope to not be that long but I have no idea what I am going to face. Will fill you in as soon as I can.

18/11/10
I am still alive. I found out much about what happened but also confirmed my fears. The death of those two people was my fault. The animals of this age probably can not get out of the age through the Jalak linking book, but it would seem that if just one of the four doors is open, the other three doors can be opened from the inside. For this age it would seem it was a safety measure of sorts, in case you could not get to the Jalak book in time to link in face of danger.
The Wild West...so true to the old nick name.....for indeed I did find this place to be as I suspected...very wild. I am writing this from the safety of a tree fort I discovered quite by accident. It is quite the elaborate fort..my kids would love it! I did not need the safety as much as I figured, for it would seem the animals are mostly tamed...except for the one ...the one I let loose. Even it, however has limits. The route to the door has several traps and safety mechanisms. They were all triggered, and in each trap was an animal....dead.
Due to the fact that the people who would have normally come to this age to hunt, or observe were scared off...by me, the traps were not reset. This led to the one remaining wild animal to make its way through the door....and through to the orchard to the south and the farm to the east. This I discovered on my first sight of the age. I was able to reset the traps, but I believe the animal is still back in the orchard. I left this age door open when I came in, on purpose, for the animal in the orchard certainly came from here, and I want it back here. Hopefully...can not believe I am saying this...it will follow me.
With the traps reset I feel I have a measure of safety but I am being cautious.
To the tree fort I found.....After I set the traps I did some wandering through the age. As I wandered around I could hear noises, and I saw glimpses of things moving, but never anything clearly. I saw gun-like devices, that I could shoot at targets. When I would shoot, I would hear the rustling of brush and scurrying of feet. The animals were afraid of these guns, but they could not be moved, just aimed at targets.
I came into this age, expecting the worse. I thought I was going to die.......all indications led me to believe there were wild beasts. I was sure...this would be the end.
I found nothing at all dangerous. The few wild things, are terribly shy...just peeking at me through the leaves. The gun devices are fun to mess with, after I figured out how they work,and I have shot at targets to give me some activity. It would seem that the hunting has led to the total extinction of the more dangerous beasts....with one exception.
I was wandering along a trail observing the beauty, and making my way through some dense growth, when all of the sudden I found myself in a small room. The door behind me closed and I was drawn upward. The door opened to this fort. Reminds me of a hut out of a tarzan movie.....but a little better built.
From here I can see the whole of the jungle, for that is what it truly is. For miles around all can see are trees, brush, weeds and one small river running through it. Each direction has a gun set up, loaded, ready to fire...and each gun can be moved to aim in any spot. A blind??? I was no sooner up here that I heard that grrrmoo sound. I have never been so glad to find something by accident!! I could see the brush moving in the direction of the door.....then I heard the clang of the trap! I held my breath....but somehow the creature avoided the trap.Had it learned, was it intelligent enough to do that? If it was ...was it smart enough to get up here?? I put those fears to rest. For this fort was obviously made for safety. I found more arrows for the gun, and familiarized myself with its working. It is drawing to night fall, not sure how much sleep I will get. This hut is well supplied with food, I should be fine here until I find the Jalak book for this age. Good night.

KI #03313934

Last edited by angelmyst on Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:30 am, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:40 pm 

20/11/10

I have spent the last three days making short excursions down to the forest floor to see if I can find the Jalak book for this age.
A few times I have made a mad dash for the hut, as I heard the animal, or thought I did. One night was fitful, as the animal decided to circle below like a vulture. It knows I am here. I had it in the sights of the gun one afternoon, but it scooted behind a rock just as I took the shot. It makes no sense why I can not locate the Jalak book. Has it been removed? My excursion today was nearly as hopeless as the the rest. I do not want to have to close off the door to this age, for it would be a great place to come and explore. One good that came out of the day. I made a friend. A cute bunny sized animal followed me back to the elevator today. It came into the elevator with me. She is so soft. She has short round ears, and a tail three times her length. Her fur is burnt orange...and she is very curious. Her sound is like that of a cricket, a soft chirp. She comes to attention when she hears the animal, she may come in handy as a look out as I explore tomorrow. I have named her Guardian.
If I do not find the Jalak book tomorrow I will have to make my way back to the door,and hope the animal is in here when I close the door.

21/11/10

What a day!!!! I found the Jalak book. Ever hear the expression,' if it was any closer it would bite'? Guardian actually found it. She was racing around the room, playing with her tail, and she knocked over a small table that had a framed picture of all four ages on it. The table top shifted in the fall and I saw it had a secret compartment. I managed to fix it and found, when I laid the picture down the compartment opened to reveal the book. Makes sense.....I should have figured the book was in this place of safety instead of risking my neck looking below.
Guardian would not unwrap her tail from my arm. I had to prepare for my link, I gathered my homemade weapons, and a bit of food ...for me and Guardian since she will not leave me. I prepared to stay in the Jalak room for a bit while I gathered my nerve to go back to the farm to see if the animal was there. I had not heard it here last night or this morning. I at least know it can only be here or at the farm, for the other doors were closed. I linked through the book to the Jalak room and quickly lowered all of the pillars thus shutting all of the doors. I was only going to stay for an hour. I thought I was well rested.
The animal could now be in one of two places. West, in its native area, or East, on the farm, for they were the only two doors open.
I think though I am going to leave it for a bit and go back to the orchard to see if I can find the Jalak book. To this point I have found an animal in each age to be a help. The farm has dear little Gordon, the jungle I had found Guardian, and I saw bees in the orchard. Maybe they are my link to finding the Jalak book. But..Guardian is asleep..and I am more tired than I had anticipated. Tomorrow......always tomorrow.

KI #03313934

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:47 pm 

OK, I'm confused. :?
angelmyst wrote:
21/11/10
What a day!!!! I found the Jalak book. Makes sense.....I should have figured the book was in this place of safety instead of risking my neck looking below.

I linked through the book to the Jalak room and quickly lowered all of the pillars thus shutting all of the doors. I think though I am going to leave it for a bit and go back to the orchard to see if I can find the Jalak book. I saw bees in the orchard. Maybe they are my link to finding the Jalak book.

Day 21, You found the Jalak book and later you linked there. Then in the last paragraph you are looking for the Jalek book again? :?

Not trying to be at all critical as I am now a follower and look forward to new installments of this adventure. Just seeking clarification.
So far, I have enjoyed your adventure and hope it keeps going. I find it interesting. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:10 pm 

Found the Jalak book in this age....other instances of the Jalak book have been in other ages. Each age has a hidden Jalak book that links to the original Jalak-like room..
Story has to be followed carefully asit is written as I transcribe portions of my diary from this excursion.

KI #03313934

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:43 pm 

Thank you for the explaination, angelmyst. :D
I will certainly pay closer attention in the future. Looking forward to further postings. :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:50 pm 

23/11/10

Okay, I came back to the orchard yesterday. I spent most of the time dealing with the trees that had been destroyed. I used a bit of my gardening skills to repair some other damage.
I tried an experiment. I grafted some of the broken tree branches into some of the living trees. Do not know if I will be here long enough to see any results.
I wandered around the trees and tried to figure out a pattern to when and why the bees follow me.
I made myself a fruit salad with some of the various fruits in the orchard. I found a very strange fruit.
It has a taste I can not compare. I caught another little fish. I was better at cleaning it this time. They are elusive. Wonder if there are any other kinds.
I fell asleep reading through the journal I had found in the house of the farms caretakers. It was fall, and they were getting ready for harvest. The ease of getting into the room that the conveyor led to was because the system was ready to be turned on. They were set to harvest...until I interrupted them, and let the animal loose, and oh my...I have done such damage. I hope to set some things right.
I am going to take some time and work at using the conveyor. I see that the barn has storage areas. Maybe they have a cold storage? They obviously have a set amount they can transport...... have I will have to check it all out....but I will solve the bee problem here in the orchard first.

I caught some more fish, and found some berries growing along the edge of the water. I took a break in the berry field, and ended up having a nap..lol.

KI #03313934

Last edited by angelmyst on Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:33 am, edited 7 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:31 am 

24/11/10

I spent the day...again...wandering around the orchard.
I have located 5 different fruit, and was able to pick some and get them prepared to store. I found the fixings to can them in the hut. I am going to plan to stay here for the winter if possible..if they get a winter that is. There is warmer clothing, but not what I would refer to as winter clothing, so I am hopeful.
I also found some books on the fish of the age. They are written in conjunction with recipes, and some have canning instructions. My d'ni is not the best, and some of the language does not seem to be d'ni, but I managed to figure out the basics, and I know how to can anyway so I have that set up to keep me busy. This is going to be my home for a while. I feel like I need to stay here and make sure this age has someone to look after things, since I....did...what ..I ...did.
Guardian has been enjoying following me around the orchard, and she can swim. She swam out to me today when I took a bit of a boat ride. I did not attempt to fish, I was just getting some relaxation in. Surprising how one all alone in a beautiful age could need to find time to relax. I have always enjoyed the lake, so I find this to be a great thing to do when I need to think.
Tomorrow I think I will go to the farm.................or to the mountains...........not too excited about that prospect, but I have to find, and eliminate the animal's threat. I have given things some thought......I may try to get the animal trapped in the last age, the mountain one that I have not yet visited...but I have to see if it is inhabited first. I know the three ages I have been to would be great places to be able to come, for food, fun, and frolic.....but the mountains look cold. I will decide tomorrow. Guardian is curled up at the foot of the bed. She is a wonderful pet.

KI #03313934

Last edited by angelmyst on Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:13 am 
Obduction Backer

angelmyst wrote:
the aura that remains when I leave the Cavern.

And I can't get back in to check it... :?

Moul(A)II Charura KI#296707 Char Gearz KI#600002 Teri Dactyl KI#600568 Chickopee KI#601018 Cannon Belle KI#601422

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:00 am 

Nope...me either...will be dissipated soon. :(

KI #03313934

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:00 pm 

1/12/10

Not sure at all what kind of bug I picked up, but the past few days I have been horribly sick. Very much like a flu bug, but I had a rash that covered 90% of my body. I found some cream in the cupboard, and it immediately helped the rash, but the other effects just had to run their course. It is a good thing I have a normally strong immune system. I listed all of the things I had eaten, and will go through them a bit at a time to see if it was one of those that made me ill.
Guardian was amazing while I was sick. She has an innate sense about her, and stayed by my side. She only left to go out to eat and do her 'thing'. She has adjusted to this age, with no effects, and seems to like it here. I am glad.
I took the time while I was down to spend some more time reading what I could. Some of the Dni is beyond me, and some things are not in a language I understand.
It seems like this age has been here for a very long time, for there are references in an older journal to some familiar names. The dates are back to what I would figure near 100 years. From the entries, not much has changed in this age in those years. It is a very stable age, and obviously one that was loved. Just wonder if my intrusion has been keeping the visitors away. Maybe they needed to communicate with the caretakers, and now with them gone they will not come. Maybe they sent a message of some kind to tell the visitors that the age was no longer safe.
I have so many questions still.
I am going to head over to the mountain age today. Having been sick for so long I am eager for a new scene. I have enough clothes here to do layers and keep me warm, and I am no stranger to cold weather. I will have to leave Guardian here, as she is very obviously a warm weather animal. I am taking weapons and some of the first fruit I had eaten, for I know it to be safe, for I did not get sick with it at the beginning. I found several portable heaters of sorts. They works with some rocks similar to fire marbles, and gives off a good heat...once i figured out how to use it...lol. From my reading it was used to warm the orchard if weather turned too cold. They are small....just about the size of a breadbox..lol I will bring one with me in case I need the heat. I can load what I need inside.
Will update later...miss you guys totally.....

KI #03313934

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:40 pm 

My dear loyal readers....life has taken much time..I will continue transcribing my KI notes from this adventure as soon as possible. It seems like that bug I picked up from something I ate or came in contact with in one of the ages has had lingering effects. Obviously I did not figure out the culprit while I was there. I will be outlineing the Jalak rooms workings next time I get back here to continue. Ty for your patience.. Love angelmyst

KI #03313934

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next